Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Christianity all talked out now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Social media has been a great tool for bringing Christians together in a dialog about the faith and our varying doctrines and practices. I’ve learned a lot from other Christians and point of views and understandings I would otherwise have never been exposed to. But is it time to acknowledge that the Christian faith has been talked out and there’s really nothing left to talk about?

We can talk about the Greek gods if you like.
I have ate some of their yogurt . But was that the right thing to do as Christian :chin ?

Social media has been a great tool for bringing Christians together in a dialog about the faith and our varying doctrines and practices. I’ve learned a lot from other Christians and point of views and understandings I would otherwise have never been exposed to. But is it time to acknowledge that the Christian faith has been talked out and there’s really nothing left to talk about?
Maybe more premiums should be offered such as , free air popcorn popper :coke

I hear ya,

Maybe it's best to focus on how the rubber meets the road

Leave to us to focus on perfect theology and ignore perfect obedience in how we live.

Not that theology isn't important just we often are majors in the minors and minors in the major

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

A shift towards more discipling and more emphasis on cultivating a Christian worldview plus the fundamentals of applying Christian morality would be awesome 😎 but…?

The internet is a useful tool but I think it’s largely the local churches responsibility.

I would respond to this by saying Christianity needs to be more than mere talk to be effective. The power of God needs to be in manifestation or Christianity has become a mere shell of its former self; a religion with a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. That's not to say that we cannot reach and touch people through the spoken/ written word if done in love, but even this will be limited in effect unless there is a supernatural discernment and the leading of the Spirit operating behind the words that will break the yoke, and a supernatural anointing that the demonic finds powerless to resist.

In short, yes. Christianity is "talked" out, for lack of a better expression.

I would respond to this by saying Christianity needs to be more than mere talk to be effective. The power of God needs to be in manifestation or Christianity has become a mere shell of its former self; a religion with a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. That's not to say that we cannot reach and touch people through the spoken/ written word if done in love, but even this will be limited in effect unless there is a supernatural discernment and the leading of the Spirit operating behind the words that will break the yoke, and a supernatural anointing that the demonic finds powerless to resist.

In short, yes. Christianity is "talked" out, for lack of a better expression.
People respond better to a personal experience rather than the written word. They want to feel God in the spirit. They then makes them want to know more. It peaks their curiosity through the new experience.

So much of it today is this religious flim flam that's about as exciting as watching paint dry. The story of Jesus of Nazareth must be shown to people. Its a compelling story, but people todayv in modern America don't read books anymore.

And I think the church could do more by loving Jesus for a change. These mega-churches make me sick. This is where the disconnect lies.

Jesus Christ is genuine. But the church is a cheap knock off. Why bother with the church when you can go straight to the source and get the real thing? They say find a good church. I say good luck.

Edit: when you say the power of God needs to be in manifestation, what do you mean exactly?

Last edited:
Edit: when you say the power of God needs to be in manifestation, what do you mean exactly?

Several things, but predominantly that Christians need to walk in a greater anointing, i.e. most need the Holy Spirit resting upon them more powerfully, and I'm not just talking about for the ability to heal the sick, or prophesy over someone's life, or have a supernatural word of knowledge about them that only God would know. I'm talking in general about the supernatural ability for God Himself to speak through them in ways that touch people's lives, sort of like what you were referring to. If you are talking to others about God and telling them He is real, they want to sense that same realness themselves. They want to experience God on some level, and if the one talking to them does not have the Spirit resting upon him to any great extent, it won't be possible.

It sounds judgmental, but that's not the intent. It's just that I hold very firmly to the belief that Christianity is a supernatural religion and always has been, and unless the supernatural somehow manifests itself in and around the life of a Christian, they are not living out the real thing.

Several things, but predominantly that Christians need to walk in a greater anointing, i.e. most need the Holy Spirit resting upon them more powerfully, and I'm not just talking about for the ability to heal the sick, or prophesy over someone's life, or have a supernatural word of knowledge about them that only God would know. I'm talking in general about the supernatural ability for God Himself to speak through them in ways that touch people's lives, sort of like what you were referring to. If you are talking to others about God and telling them He is real, they want to sense that same realness themselves. They want to experience God on some level, and if the one talking to them does not have the Spirit resting upon him to any great extent, it won't be possible.

It sounds judgmental, but that's not the intent. It's just that I hold very firmly to the belief that Christianity is a supernatural religion and always has been, and unless the supernatural somehow manifests itself in and around the life of a Christian, they are not living out the real thing.
Supernatural in a very obvious sense or is it more obscure?

You can never talk me out.
If I didn't control myself,
I'd be the only one talking on this forum....
No space for anyone else...
:woot2

Hey young man,
I still have quite a few things to tell you about Catholicism!
:rollingpin

And, by golly, don't forget the new generations coming up.
They'd like to debate a little too. Why deprive them?

And, it would be wonderful (but impossible, I think) for Christianity to be ONE,
as Jesus asked.

The reformation should have reformed the CC instead of starting a new religion.

Hey young man,
I still have quite a few things to tell you about Catholicism!
:rollingpin

And, by golly, don't forget the new generations coming up.
They'd like to debate a little too. Why deprive them?

And, it would be wonderful (but impossible, I think) for Christianity to be ONE,
as Jesus asked.

The reformation should have reformed the CC instead of starting a new religion.
So when people troll this page and it's nothing but trolls ,do you then stay or move on?

God said through Jesus that when it is, this world would end Mat 24:14

It depends on exactly what you mean by “there’s really nothing left to talk about.” Taken at face value, I don’t see how that is possible. One would have to stop reading and studying the Bible, stop reading books about the Bible, stop engaging others entirely, or cease being a Christian for there to be nothing left to talk about.

Back