Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Christianity all talked out now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And, it would be wonderful (but impossible, I think) for Christianity to be ONE,
as Jesus asked.
But we are one, by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 14 and other similar passages shows us he couldn't have been talking about literal, outward unity of the faith. I've shared this many times. How many times must it be said?

The reformation should have reformed the CC instead of starting a new religion.
No, I'm glad that did not happen. I feel favored that I exist in history when the Catholic church wasn't the bully ruling the streets of Christendom. I really do. No offense. If you like the Catholic liturgy, then good. I'm not going to take that away from you or anyone else who likes that kind of church meeting. I prefer that which Paul outlined for us in scripture.

It depends on exactly what you mean by “there’s really nothing left to talk about.” Taken at face value, I don’t see how that is possible. One would have to stop reading and studying the Bible, stop reading books about the Bible, stop engaging others entirely, or cease being a Christian for there to be nothing left to talk about.
What topic have we not talked about over and over and over and over? I see that, finally, the Nephilim thing finally burned out, lol. It looks like more and more discussion topics are going the way of the Nephilim threads. And I what I'm getting at, they should. We've talked them to death. The age of social media discovery is over.

Several things, but predominantly that Christians need to walk in a greater anointing, i.e. most need the Holy Spirit resting upon them more powerfully, and I'm not just talking about for the ability to heal the sick, or prophesy over someone's life, or have a supernatural word of knowledge about them that only God would know. I'm talking in general about the supernatural ability for God Himself to speak through them in ways that touch people's lives, sort of like what you were referring to. If you are talking to others about God and telling them He is real, they want to sense that same realness themselves. They want to experience God on some level, and if the one talking to them does not have the Spirit resting upon him to any great extent, it won't be possible.

It sounds judgmental, but that's not the intent. It's just that I hold very firmly to the belief that Christianity is a supernatural religion and always has been, and unless the supernatural somehow manifests itself in and around the life of a Christian, they are not living out the real thing.
The completely consecrated life seems to be the key to this happening in a person. But in our Western societies we're preoccupied with the busy-ness of life with it's many distractions and pleasures and comforts. We're not necessarily living in sin, we're preoccupied with other things. That is not conducive to having the robust life of the Spirit. It seems you have to be sold out to the things of God to have the overflow and abundance of the Spirit you speak of.

Social media has been a great tool for bringing Christians together in a dialog about the faith and our varying doctrines and practices. I’ve learned a lot from other Christians and point of views and understandings I would otherwise have never been exposed to. But is it time to acknowledge that the Christian faith has been talked out and there’s really nothing left to talk about?

Do we fully understand restoration, healing and cleansing; a renewing that brings about transformation; so that we can fully and completely be in the unity of the Spirit, growing up into full stature sonship.

He is desiring to build His people into a holy Temple that He is pleased to fill with His glory; so that the knowledge of the glory of the Lord will cover this earth as the waters cover the sea.

We can discover His intent and our common purpose for us, in the first words spoken to mankind;

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion…

To me, the Gospel is the restoration to mankind of our original call and purpose. Restoring to us what Adam and Eve lost in the garden.

We see glimpses of this dominion throughout scripture. Jesus patterned for us what true kingdom dominion was supposed to be.

how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. Acts 10:38

Why did Jesus come?

… For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10

We won’t fully walk in the abundant life He paid for us to have, while we are under the oppression of the devil.

JLB

I mean at some point wipe the dust off your feet .the rcc excommunicated Luther .he didn't want to leave the church .

Reactions: JLB
It depends on exactly what you mean by “there’s really nothing left to talk about.” Taken at face value, I don’t see how that is possible. One would have to stop reading and studying the Bible, stop reading books about the Bible, stop engaging others entirely, or cease being a Christian for there to be nothing left to talk about.
I don't debate my pastor on things.

I find the the things I agree on.

But we are one, by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 14 and other similar passages shows us he couldn't have been talking about literal, outward unity of the faith. I've shared this many times. How many times must it be said?
I don't remember you speaking about Romans 14.
Could you just quick give some verses or state what you mean?

Do you mean His Church? (The Body of Christ).

No, I'm glad that did not happen. I feel favored that I exist in history when the Catholic church wasn't the bully ruling the streets of Christendom. I really do. No offense. If you like the Catholic liturgy, then good. I'm not going to take that away from you or anyone else who likes that kind of church meeting. I prefer that which Paul outlined for us in scripture.
Well, actually I have no choice. But I do like it for different reasons...
But, yes, I think reforming the CC would have fared better instead of having all these denominations.
The church was just fine at the beginning, it should have gone back to that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back