Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Divorce a Sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That is too different scenarios.You were saying a man that murdered someone and was a prison you did not say a man who stabbed or raped his wife or kids.If a spouse is that dangerous to the family then the family needs to get out.Their needs to be a separation.God wants man to be at peace not to be subjected to a dangeous situation.That person needs to be prayed for.If that person repents and comes to God then God would want the marriage to be mended.
if they are realized. you do realize that in jails, congical visits don't happen. so if the man kills another person or raped he may never be allowed to be around kids while in the prison system? that wouldn't be much of a marriage, besides any sex offender can never be around kids in a nursery per the law. one hour a week at the most would be the time for married couple to be together. given a life sentence how would you work that? you cant have intimacy, you cant hold hands while talking in any jail. you cant kiss much, a peck at the most.

if they are realized. you do realize that in jails, congical visits don't happen. so if the man kills another person or raped he may never be allowed to be around kids while in the prison system? that wouldn't be much of a marriage, besides any sex offender can never be around kids in a nursery per the law. one hour a week at the most would be the time for married couple to be together. given a life sentence how would you work that? you cant have intimacy, you cant hold hands while talking in any jail. you cant kiss much, a peck at the most.
Then the kids would have to know that and the family would have to pray for him.You know that the Bible does say we have to forgive.The most important thing here is to know that person very well before you marry them and know that they are a true Christian.

Then the kids would have to know that and the family would have to pray for him.You know that the Bible does say we have to forgive.The most important thing here is to know that person very well before you marry them and know that they are a true Christian.
in context when jesus said that the man raped another. the woman wouldn't have to worry about being with that man. he would be stoned to death after approval by roman authorities or they would do it. and would you really honestly forgive and have sex with the man whom raped you? yes just because im married to my wife doesn't give me the right to force sex that she says no. rape being define as non consensual sex. the definition of consensual is sober, lucid and awake and not a minor(if one is and an adult and the law limits the age difference, such as Florida's 22-16 law.)

I wouldn't tell my grandchildren to stay with any rapist. forgive him yes but hit him up with the divorce. if you want to when the man is safe around kids then get a supervised visit for their safety.

so a real Christian would commit a crime? they wouldn't posses a gun and commit a crime?its not likely if they fail but lets be real. people do fall away, sometimes when they do they also break laws and get into addictions and some of the addictions will take a crime to feed. if in the act of a crime a man dies. that is where you may forgive I but I suggest divorce. its not like he or she up and said im getting charged with murder one day. they went down the wrong path and then went there. by that point they should know where you stand and have been given some form of choice. keep doing this and it ends.

in context when jesus said that the man raped another. the woman wouldn't have to worry about being with that man. he would be stoned to death after approval by roman authorities or they would do it. and would you really honestly forgive and have sex with the man whom raped you? yes just because im married to my wife doesn't give me the right to force sex that she says no. rape being define as non consensual sex. the definition of consensual is sober, lucid and awake and not a minor(if one is and an adult and the law limits the age difference, such as Florida's 22-16 law.)

I wouldn't tell my grandchildren to stay with any rapist. forgive him yes but hit him up with the divorce. if you want to when the man is safe around kids then get a supervised visit for their safety.
I am sure glad that God did not feel that way about Paul.He commited a ton of crimes before he became a disciple.

so a real Christian would commit a crime? they wouldn't posses a gun and commit a crime?its not likely if they fail but lets be real. people do fall away, sometimes when they do they also break laws and get into addictions and some of the addictions will take a crime to feed. if in the act of a crime a man dies. that is where you may forgive I but I suggest divorce. its not like he or she up and said im getting charged with murder one day. they went down the wrong path and then went there. by that point they should know where you stand and have been given some form of choice. keep doing this and it ends.
Yes,many fall away from God but were they really saved to begin with?

I am sure glad that God did not feel that way about Paul.He commited a ton of crimes before he became a disciple.
I personally know a man, dead now, that took vengeance and did time for killing the man whom raped his daughter. ten years for that crime. he worked with the city in a different department. he did mention to me once that he did do that and didn't regret it. I would have never known if no one told me. but he was wrong to go in vengeance. he did stay in contact with his daughter. and live with with wife. I knew him since I was a teen. so I do know that people do change. but again how common is it?

Yes,many fall away from God but were they really saved to begin with?
again how can you tell im saved? an I you? I can point you to a atheist Buddhist that I have clashed with that does have heart for the poor and so forth and is big on forgiveness and is generally a pacifist and if I didn't tell you he was one. you wouldn't know, unless he came out.

im married to my wife, I don't even claim the right to know if she is saved or not. I have doubts, but im not in her mind to say. I have seen the opposite with others.

I personally know a man, dead now, that took vengeance and did time for killing the man whom raped his daughter. ten years for that crime. he worked with the city in a different department. he did mention to me once that he did do that and didn't regret it. I would have never known if no one told me. but he was wrong to go in vengeance. he did stay in contact with his daughter. and live with with wife. I knew him since I was a teen. so I do know that people do change. but again how common is it?
I don't know how common it is but God does.And God never turns down a single soul who asks for salvation and repentance.

again how can you tell im saved? an I you? I can point you to a atheist Buddhist that I have clashed with that does have heart for the poor and so forth and is big on forgiveness and is generally a pacifist and if I didn't tell you he was one. you wouldn't know, unless he came out.

im married to my wife, I don't even claim the right to know if she is saved or not. I have doubts, but im not in her mind to say. I have seen the opposite with others.
God knows.

Very possibly. His name originally was Saul Acts 8:3

saul. paul is a favorite character of mine. if raping is something he did. and if he went after kids and had them put to death. he would have said it. a child under 13 under jewish law isn't able to be in an apostate. why? they have to be bar and bat mitzvah first then know they are doing what they do. a child in that culture ended at 13, not 18. mary gave birth to jesus as a teen over that age. she couldn't marry until she was over 13 and then by tradition it usually 15.

but saul said about the law he was blameless, that means he wasn't a violent man in that aspect. he in his zeal took down Christians for a crime.if you weren't one, he didn't go and murder you.

I don't know how common it is but God does.And God never turns down a single soul who asks for salvation and repentance.
Im not saying that you are wrong but only that its unrealistic for a man and woman to stay together and have any relationship where at the most you might see each other for one hour a month at the most depending where they are sent, and if there is a prison riot or not. or if the inmate in question is in seg for his behavior and not allowed visitors.

If a man raped and killed 50 women and then 5 minutes before he died asked God into his life and asked for repentance do you think that man would go to heaven?

Im not saying that you are wrong but only that its unrealistic for a man and woman to stay together and have any relationship where at the most you might see each other for one hour a month at the most depending where they are sent, and if there is a prison riot or not. or if the inmate in question is in seg for his behavior and not allowed visitors.
I am saying it would take a very commited woman or man to say "for better or for worse" and I said those vows before God and I am keeping them if it means that I spend the rest of my life alone.Very rare but I am thinking that is the way God wants it and that person would be tremendously Blessed at their judgment.

I am saying it would take a very commited woman or man to say "for better or for worse" and I said those vows before God and I am keeping them if it means that I spend the rest of my life alone.Very rare but I am thinking that is the way God wants it and that person would be tremendously Blessed at their judgment.
I answer with this.

. imagine when you forgave that man and every time you have sex with him you see that act everday. its called ptsd. this is healable but triggers will remain. I know, I have had it. it doesn't go away because I want it to, and god told me I had it. he hasn't taken that from me fully. I cant be around fireworks. while its not as bad as it once was. likewise as I avoid fireworks, so should the victim forgive but not be with the rapist whom did that.

that any loud noise or other thing can trigger a flashback. I had one not that long ago. brief , I caught it but it wasn't something I expected either.

besides in jesus day. we wouldn't have to worry about staying with a rapist, they would be stoned and us set free from the marriage.

I answer with this.

. imagine when you forgave that man and every time you have sex with him you see that act everday. its called ptsd. this is healable but triggers will remain. I know, I have had it. it doesn't go away because I want it to, and god told me I had it. he hasn't taken that from me fully. I cant be around fireworks. while its not as bad as it once was. likewise as I avoid fireworks, so should the victim forgive but not be with the rapist whom did that.

that any loud noise or other thing can trigger a flashback. I had one not that long ago. brief , I caught it but it wasn't something I expected either.
Are you saying that this is a scenario where the husband raped and abused his wife?You have to look at what the situation is.I do not think that a woman should stay with a man who beat her almost to death and raped her because that woman had been through a traumatic situation with that man.Do you think God would want that?But if a man was up for murder and ended up in prison for the rest of his life there might be a reason to pray about that and figure out what God would want.

Are you saying that this is a scenario where the husband raped and abused his wife?You have to look at what the situation is.I do not think that a woman should stay with a man who beat her almost to death and raped her because that woman had been through a traumatic situation with that man.
why then should stay with a man whom did that another? once a man has crossed that line imho why would make me think they wouldn't do that to me? is not god able to heal that man too? yay or nay?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back