Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is It Possible For A Christian To Fall From "Grace"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Wow then that is even more of a good deal for you....this way you will begin to gain more understanding as you read. I found for me, that when I pray and before I read His word I thank Him that He is teaching me understanding of His word.

OBTW....:thumbsup:woot2:boing:dancing:clap Congradulations on being New and for Making the best choice ever to be Born again into the Family of God !! Welcome and may God fill you unto overflowing with His love and peace and understanding. You Are Blessed
Jim

Thank you, it was a rough gestation and birth, a hairy ride, but here I am. I have read the bible before, as an academic! Lolol. Now I am REALLY reading it. Had to shed a lot of stuff to follow the Lord. Smile.

Thank you, it was a rough gestation and birth, a hairy ride, but here I am. I have read the bible before, as an academic! Lolol. Now I am REALLY reading it. Had to shed a lot of stuff to follow the Lord. Smile.
Sister get used to it....The shedding stuff part. That is a life long experience. The more we grow in Him the more of us ( stuff we dont need) falls away and we become more like Him....You will do very well !!

Well I look forward to learning what God wants me to do.
Please do not ever loose that desire and attitude. As He unraps His plan for you, well you will be amazed at what He can and will do for you and with you and through you.. Just do not let any one offend you or pull you away. No matter what happens always run right to the Father and do not ever quit !!

Please do not ever loose that desire and attitude. As He unraps His plan for you, well you will be amazed at what He can and will do for you and with you and through you.. Just do not let any one offend you or pull you away. No matter what happens always run right to the Father and do not ever quit !!
Believe me, no sooner was I coming to the Lord that a trial presented itself for me to endure. But I am sticking with my Friend, Jesus, and leaving earthly trials behind.

Believe me, no sooner was I coming to the Lord that a trial presented itself for me to endure. But I am sticking with my Friend, Jesus, and leaving earthly trials behind.

Just wanted to welcome you to this site! Sounds like you have great taste in friends! :wave:woot3

Mike, please tell me how an totally infinitely intelligent God could write inconsistencies in His WORD.
God isn't inconsistent, those who record His words and work ARE.

You're determined to repeat for me what Jesus said and how Jewish holidays are determined, but you fail completely to explain why that's recorded inconsistently in the Gospels.

Calvinist doctrine holds that a man cannot fall from grace, Arminian doctrine holds that he can.

Mike,
Which one will get you into Heaven?
There is only one God
There is only One Savior
There is only one way to the father and is through Christ Jesus
One doctrine and that is the word of God. What the word says, well that just the way it is. You can disect it and tear it apart and believe you find faults with it if you wish....It wont change the fact that there is only ONEWAY

Mike,
Which one will get you into Heaven?
There is only one God
There is only One Savior
There is only one way to the father and is through Christ Jesus
One doctrine and that is the word of God. What the word says, well that just the way it is. You can disect it and tear it apart and believe you find faults with it if you wish....It wont change the fact that there is only ONEWAY

How is this a response to my comment? I believe that Jesus is Christ, our path to salvation, but that says nothing about whether a man can or can't fall from grace.

But here the fall from grace has to do with not accepting Jesus and his sacrifice, the new covenant.
But what? I'm not following you.

We can choose the tree of Life which is Jesus, or instead continue the original sin by trusting in the tree of knowledge, the knowledge of good and evil, the laws that necessarily follow due to the Fall. But Jesus has brought the good news and paid for our sins; when we follow Jesus we now follow the law of love; we are new.
I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you are saying laws are only necessary due to the fall. But then you say we follow the law of love when we follow Jesus. And let me add, Adam and Eve were given a law before they fell. So I don't see how law is only necessary because of the fall, if that's the point you're making.

Actually, what mankind needs is law written on their hearts, which is a figure of speech for having your heart and mind sensitized to the ways of God, not hardened in disinterest by sin toward them. That's what's 'new' about this covenant. in regard to God's law. It is written on the heart. But even 'love your neighbor as yourself' can not earn a person a declaration of right standing. That can only come through the forgiveness of sin and the transference of Christ's righteousness to your account.

Last edited:
When I think of grace I am struck by my own inability to grasp it.
Surely, it is difficult to grasp. I sometimes ask myself, "who am I that I believed, while so many do not?"

I don't know how or why I'm of the right kind of soil to support the word of God and which responds to the grace of God. I know that he did not do that for me for he says he wants all men to be saved, but so many simply don't have the right soil of the heart for that to happen. There's just some intrinsic quality of the soil of the heart that belongs to man in which the potential of the soil is realized by the grace of God. Who am I that I have that quality of soil?

I end up wondering how that ties in with being known by God in advance, chosen, and how those not touched by grace remain unknown, untouched by God. My measly brain can't quite get it beyond being thankful that I found Jesus and his love.
I think that virtually everybody is touched by grace somewhere along in their lives. It's just that the vast majority of humans will reject that grace and be lost. I get that from this verse:

"10 The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar,because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son." (1 John 5:10 NASB)

The point being, John is not saying that God has not approached those who don't believe with grace, and so that's why they're not saved, but rather that God DID approach them in their hearts with the message of God's grace but that they chose to not believe it, in effect calling God a liar.

and a Jewish day starts at sunset and ends at sunset 24 hours later,

Jewish Day? :shrug

Thursday evening to Friday - Day 1
Friday Evening to Saturday - Day 2
Saturday evening to Sunday - Day 3

Crucified on Friday before the Sabbath, He rose on the Third Day, which is the first day of the week after the Sabbath.

• Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly. Acts 10:40

Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
Matthew 28:1

JLB

and a Jewish day starts at sunset and ends at sunset 24 hours later,

if I can count correctly that means the Last Supper and Arrest of Jesus was Wednesday night, after 6:00 PM, His trail, scourging and crucifixion was (what we call) Thursday morning, at 3:00 Pm Thursday afternoon he gave up His spirit and died..............,

let's do the math,

Thursday night, .........night one,
Friday night, ..........night two,
Saturday night, ..........night three

Thursday, .....day one,
Friday, ........day two,
Saturday, ......day three,

Me thinks Jesus knew what He was talking about, ...three days and three nights.
I see your reckoning as the only way that makes what Jesus said true.

"40 for just as JONAH WAS THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE BELLY OF THE SEA MONSTER, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matthew 12:40 NASB capitals in original)

God isn't inconsistent, those who record His words and work ARE.

You're determined to repeat for me what Jesus said and how Jewish holidays are determined, but you fail completely to explain why that's recorded inconsistently in the Gospels.

I hesitate to ask this, but what inconsistencies, ...but even more important, are we to believe what Paul said or not?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Ti 3:16

Does not ALL mean ALL? And the word inspiration is literally God (Divinely) breathed, isn't Paul telling us that every single word is given the writer from God?

Please explain to me how there can be inconsistencies or private opinions if every word of Scripture is God breathed, or more literally, directly from the mouth of God.

Last edited:
Jewish Day? :shrug

Thursday evening to Friday - Day 1
Friday Evening to Saturday - Day 2
Saturday evening to Sunday - Day 3

Crucified on Friday before the Sabbath, He rose on the Third Day, which is the first day of the week after the Sabbath.

• Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly. Acts 10:40

Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
Matthew 28:1

JLB

Ummmm, I don't know how to say this so that it isn't taken the wrong way, but please believe there is no malice intended, ...it's being asked in the spirit of the Bereans Acts 17:11. :confused

I believe the the Scriptures you have quoted, but I don't believe your opinion of Jesus being crucified on Friday.

Can you count?

If so, then please do the math and show us the three nights between Friday night and Sunday morning.

Thanks

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back