Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it Possible for a True Christian to lose their Salvation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
FreeGrace , you say Paul says eternal life can not be taken away from a person (Romans 11:29 NASB).
This isn't about what I say. It's about what the Bible actually says.

Which is: eternal life is a gift of God, and the gifts of God are irrevocable. I've done the logic to prove this.

I'm still waiting for someone to step forward to prove that either,
1. eternal life is NOT a gift of God, or
2. God's gifts are NOT irrevocable.

Either one will prove my logic to be wrong.

Jesus says believers can stumble so as to go to the eternal fire (Mark 9:42-48 NASB, Matthew 18:6-9 NASB).
What verse says that? The 2 passages provided do NOT say that.

If stumbling can send a believer to the lake of fire, Jesus didn't do a very good job of being our Savior. I reject that idea totally.

How do you reconcile this glaring contradiction?
I've explained it already, so there's no need to keep asking for one.

What cannot be proven is that my logic is flawed. Or it would have been done by now.

How does one know they are "truly born again?"
John has answered that very question:
"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life." 1 John 5:13

People do know what they believe. If they don't know what they believe, they are rather confused.

If they believe in Christ, then they should know that they have eternal life, a gift of God that is irrevocable.

Jesus said essentially the same thing in John 10:28 -
"and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."

LovethroughDove said:
I almost find it as blaspheming the Holy Spirit to say that he won't keep you from falling away (if you have been truly born again)
I reposted what I was asking about. The point that was made used the phrase, "if you have been truly born again." I'm asking how one can know that the "if" and "truly" have both been satisfied. That's the thing that I keep hearing about when one talks of someone that turned away. "They didn't truly believe." So how does one conclude that he/she truly believes and can then declare they are saved when we are such fickle and untrustworthy creatures, subject to our own desires and whims?

I once believed and then I didn't and later on in life I believed again. That's a fact. I lived it myself.

I reposted what I was asking about. The point that was made used the phrase, "if you have been truly born again." I'm asking how one can know that the "if" and "truly" have both been satisfied. That's the thing that I keep hearing about when one talks of someone that turned away. "They didn't truly believe." So how does one conclude that he/she truly believes and can then declare they are saved when we are such fickle and untrustworthy creatures, subject to our own desires and whims?

I once believed and then I didn't and later on in life I believed again. That's a fact. I lived it myself.
Did not my answer satisfy your question? 1 John 5:13

Probably even more reason that salvation isn't left in "mens hands."

The presumption position that is put in play is that Christ left you, (or vice versa) and therefore He or you or both, failed. But that is not a proof of scripture. We all fail. That's the certainty. There is no alternative left after that other than to make Christ the failure. And that doesn't cut it. 1 Cor. 13:8. It is always our failure to be Perfect, which was never on our plate to achieve, to start with.

I was absolutely in agreement with shiny4ujesus about true belief. I totally agree with you on your last sentence in your paragraph. People can deceive themselves that they are believers.

Jesus talks about "you must be born again" John 3:6

I literally had a surge of energy run through me, when I was forced to accept the truth of the resurrection or not. I believed a 100% it was true in that moment.

After that moment, I walked in the Spirit. Meaning, when I would be out amongst others.....I realized every feeling I projected when I walked passed someone....they sense. Everyone can sense your feelings towards them, but you only realize this when you have been born of Spirit.

I don't think someone can know if they are not born of the Spirit? Once you have been given the Spirit, it is a whole new ball game.

Last edited:
WIP brilliant redirection; well played. I would refer to Paul's dissertation in Romans 7:1-22,( the constant battle of the dual nature of our flesh versus the Holy Spirit,). Yes one can be born again and yet,"in the flesh," simply due to the nature of the flesh in relation to free will. While one cannot "undo," rebirth in the Spirit; one can willingly choose/undertake the actions, thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors that are more conducive to the flesh. Paul was much beside himself over the nature of the spiritual warfare between these natures within him; and given that authentic heart and fervent desire, did not allow "the flesh," to truly take hold. While he did give into moments,"in the flesh," in larger scope he was far more directed via Spirit.

It is at points like these folks, when we do well not to be overly focused on semantics and nit-picking wording. Often, this trend has surfaced here: one poster says a thing, a responder chooses a "less than ideal," wording or presentation,(thus ignoring context and underlying principle,) and begins to refute based solely on the fallibility of mankind as evidenced in a less than ideal choice of words.

I do not judge, nor do I condemn mind you. I would simply advise caution in these matters. It is one thing for "Iron to sharpen iron," but its a whole different monster when sharpening each other becomes cutting each other; especially over trivial items that are completely misinterpreted due to a tendency to judge it by face value. (IE: specific wording, presentation, basic human error, etc.)

In the end, let us be salt...let us be light; for if we are not edifying, we are tearing down...and we all know from whom that kind of destruction originates eh? Thanks n God Bless!

I've heard many testimonies like this. That's why I don't think God applies Hebrews 6:4 NASB in a harsh, legalistic way, but rather in consideration of mitigating factors. Just as Paul, similarly, applied the mitigating factor of the Corinthians maturity level when he warned them of when he would punish their disobedience (2 Corinthians 10:6 NASB).

It seems God takes a while, based on what light the individual is to be held accountable for, before God pulls the plug and it is then impossible to come back.

I've explained it already, so there's no need to keep asking for one.
You did not prove what you need to prove in order for your interpretation of Romans 11:29 NASB to be consistent with the rest of scripture.

What cannot be proven is that my logic is flawed. Or it would have been done by now.
Your superficial, incomplete, 'not rightly dividing the word of God' logic causes Jesus to contradict Paul because Jesus said to cast away the stumbling blocks that cause the body to be cast into hell (Mark 9:42-48 NASB, Matthew 18:6-9 NASB), indicating that can really happen. That's how we know your logic is flawed.

You have not proven that the 'fiery hell' is not really the fiery hell, and those 'who believe in me' don't really mean real believers, or that real believers can't/ won't stumble in (Mark 9:42-48 NASB, Matthew 18:6-9 NASB). You can claim all day long that your interpretation of Romans 11:29 NASB is the answer, but that does not explain how hell really isn't hell, and that Jesus wasn't talking about real believers. So, until you do that your interpretation will remain in violation of the whole counsel of scripture.

Last edited:
WIP brilliant redirection; well played. I would refer to Paul's dissertation in Romans 7:1-22,( the constant battle of the dual nature of our flesh versus the Holy Spirit,). Yes one can be born again and yet,"in the flesh," simply due to the nature of the flesh in relation to free will. While one cannot "undo," rebirth in the Spirit; one can willingly choose/undertake the actions, thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors that are more conducive to the flesh. Paul was much beside himself over the nature of the spiritual warfare between these natures within him; and given that authentic heart and fervent desire, did not allow "the flesh," to truly take hold. While he did give into moments,"in the flesh," in larger scope he was far more directed via Spirit.

Paul assuredly did "not" associate himself as a child of God and then "him" having another nature. That is not what Paul presents. Paul clearly presents sin as "no more I." Twice for emphasis, in Romans 7:17 & again in vs. 19.

Paul saw this as warring, rightfully so. Romans 7:23. He was not warring against his "other nature" but a foreign to himself nature that "actively" works against and contrary to the Spirit. Gal. 5:17. This is what caused him to see his "wretched man that I am" fact, Romans 7:24, in a body that "is dead" because of indwelling sin, Romans 8:10. There was nothing he could do to stop "no more I" from doing what "no more I" did. And this eventually results in real physical death.

Read about what "no more I" did in Romans 7:7-13, Romans 7:15, Romans 7:19. Yes, these from an Apostle no less. You talk about HONESTY! Paul couldn't have been any more HONEST.

This foreign intrusion is pinpointed, specifically in 2 Cor. 12:7, and again in Gal. 3:13:14, showing and proving it is the working of the spirit of disobedience, the adversary, the 'tempter.'

There are the two natures. One completely foreign to the other. Not similar in any way.

And because of this, knowing that because of this spiritual adversary, following the "law" was essentially impossible. The evil present with Paul can not obey the law. Romans 7:21, no matter what kind of "show" Paul put up on the outside. The PROBLEM is internal, which Jesus also directly pinpoints. A matter of factual 'evil' in the heart. Hebrews 10:22 shows again, the same thing. 1 John 3:8 nails this matter cold, identifying that "sin is of the devil." This really couldn't be any clearer.

And this is also precisely WHY believers are "eternally secure." We couldn't earn our ways out of a wet paper bag.

It is at points like these folks, when we do well not to be overly focused on semantics and nit-picking wording. Often, this trend has surfaced here: one poster says a thing, a responder chooses a "less than ideal," wording or presentation,(thus ignoring context and underlying principle,) and begins to refute based solely on the fallibility of mankind as evidenced in a less than ideal choice of words.

The security of the believer is in spite of and regardless of the facts of the working of the adversary. That's all there is to the matters. And, once any believer actually REALIZES that internal temptation is of the adversary, doing so INTERNALLY, they may be in for a bit of a JOLT as they will have to start recognizing to "capture and control" their thoughts, in order to run the INTERCEPT. They will also probably go back to the theological drawing board as well.
I do not judge, nor do I condemn mind you.

We have every right to not only judge, but to totally condemn the adversary's operations in our own flesh, unto eternal damnation in hell. It's an enlightening REMINDER to the other party(s). And yes, it DOES help. This notion that christians are to abandon all judgment is quite erroneous. But we tend not to direct it 'properly' to WHOM it is DUE.

The deeper pit that many a believer falls into is in thinking they are sinless, which is a SNARE of the adversary, turning them into liars, or even worse, double dealing their own sin as hypocrites. Lying hypocrisy is actually the WORST state of mind that a believer can get suckered into. The very things Jesus HATED the most, because it is an open sign of demonic slaveship and zero scriptural knowledge. John 8:44

I would simply advise caution in these matters. It is one thing for "Iron to sharpen iron," but its a whole different monster when sharpening each other becomes cutting each other; especially over trivial items that are completely misinterpreted due to a tendency to judge it by face value. (IE: specific wording, presentation, basic human error, etc.)

In the end, let us be salt...let us be light; for if we are not edifying, we are tearing down...and we all know from whom that kind of destruction originates eh? Thanks n God Bless!

The above, once understood, will bring no uncertain paradox to any theological equations. All the while a believer, thinking "OSAS" applies that to the entirety of what they are currently, IT'S A FAIL.

And on the other side of the coin, those claiming their indwelling sin and evil present is "obedient" and "under Grace" as long as they perform adequately also MAKE AND TAKE no account for scriptural reality of indwelling sin (no more I) and evil present, falsely claiming these workings don't exist or they are wiped away by "proper performances" which is not and can not be the case.

IF we are observant to Paul, we WILL see TWO FATES. Eternal Salvation for Paul, and the opposite fate for the party in RED, below:

2 Corinthians 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

This same understanding does also provide us a basis to actually LOVE our neighbors as ourselves, because they essentially have the identical issue. It's not just them involved in their spiritual blindness.

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

We are to LOVE one and HATE and RESIST the other. That's how the system is setup by GOD. It's also why a LOT of believers are and will remain "confused" with christian theology. They fail to count to TWO and only see ONE, because that is what their flesh eyes see. Scriptures don't see that way and neither did those who penned those Words.

Jesus gives us the PRIME EXAMPLE of the "two party" system, here:

Mark 4:15
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Count 'em. It's pretty clear there is the person, and the BLINDER in the above equation, IN THEIR HEART.

There are literally "thousands" of open examples of the above in the N.T. Gospels. A person would have to be blind to miss this obvious fact of scripture. But the fact that "we" do miss it speaks to the reality of the blinder, thereby confirming it to those who DO see it.

We've had people right here at this board, who look at this statement in red, and swear by Almighty God that it's not there to see:

2 Corinthians 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

I beg to differ, and prefer to see the obvious.

Last edited:
Can we be "in our flesh" and born again at the same time?
Not according to Paul:

"9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (Romans 8:9 NASB)

But this is a matter of semantics. For surely we can walk 'according to the flesh' (vs.12), but the person who has the Spirit is never 'in the flesh'. This is what I was trying to get across in our various discussions about still having the nature of a sinner. The believer is never 'in the flesh' simply by virtue of having the Holy Spirit (not by virtue of how he acts), according to Paul in the quote above.

Last edited:
Jethro. The little children aren't stumbling into hell. The person who is causing the little child to stumble will face hell.
Matthew 18:6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin
No, Jesus said it's better for his body to enter life minus various body parts than for his body to go to hell complete:
8“If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire." (Matthew 18:8 NASB)

Last edited:
Believe what you will folks; for as long as you believe God raised Jesus from the dead, and confess Christ with your mouth, you are saved! To me this is all that matters.
But what if what I believe adds or subtracts from Revelation?
"if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:19 NASB)
Do only unbelievers do that?

No, Jesus said it's better for his body to enter life minus various body parts than for his body to go to hell complete:
8“If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire." (Matthew 18:8 NASB)

Literalism is a dead end Jethro. Do you really think it's possible that your left hand doesn't know what your right hand is up to?

Matthew 6:3
But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

Sorry. I'm not really quick and don't understand what you're trying to say.
Are you saying we're never to sin?
Are you Catholic? They believe in venial sins which do NOT bring to death and in mortal sins which DO bring to death.

So are you saying that if God doesn't chastise me, I'm not saved??
And of what would this chastisement consist?

Wondering

Considering the 1689 Second London Confession clearly identifies the Pope as the man of sin, forbids unbiblical monastical vows, maintains a consubstantiation interpretation of the Lord's table, so forth, why don't you decide if that is a papist confession or not? Moreover, the Authorized Version is the Bible the Jesuits attempt at all costs to destroy, and the destruction of the Byzantine text is their outstanding goal against which they are to act as willfull slaves for the Pope without question. Here is a link to their Extreme High Oath as recorded in the sixty-second US Congress.

I am saying that even with the preserving promise of God to persevere his children, Jehovah especially guarantees to reward all men according to their works (Ga. 6.7; Apoc. 22). It is therefore not a permit to sin. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid! Should God not chasten anyone, it is an indicator of a lack of salvation or reward for extreme rebellion. Assuming you have read the whole Bible, it ought to be plainly obvious the chastening of God ranges from sickness, pain, lack of blessing, curses ad nauseum proportionate to the breach against His holy, pluperfect law.

Not all sins are sins unto death like those listed in Leviticus 20. All sin is punished with mortal and spiritual death (Ro. 6.23) only remitted in the blood of Emmanuel, the spotless propitiation of God's ordained. Think on the following Questions from the Baptist Catechism of 1695.

Q. 17. Did our first parents continue in the estate wherein they were created?

A. Our first parents, being left to the freedom of their own will, fell from the estate wherein they were created, by sinning against God. (Gen. 3:6; Eccl. 7:29; Rom. 5:12)

Q. 18. What is sin?

A. Sin is any want of conformity unto, or transgression of, the law of God. (1 Jn. 3:4; Rom. 5:13)

Q. 19. What was the sin whereby our first parents fell from the estate wherein they were created?

A. The sin whereby our first parents fell from the estate wherein they were created, was their eating the forbidden fruit. (Gen. 3:6, 12, 13)

Q. 20. Did all mankind fall in Adam's first transgression?

A. The covenant being made with Adam, not only for himself but for his posterity, all mankind, descending from him by ordinary generation, sinned in him, and fell with him in his first transgression. (1 Cor. 15:21, 22; Rom. 5:12, 18, 19)

Q. 21. Into what estate did the fall bring mankind?

A. The fall brought mankind into an estate of sin and misery. (Ps. 51:5; Rom. 5:18, 19: Is. 64:6)

Q. 22. Wherein consists the sinfulness of that estate whereunto man fell?

A. The sinfulness of that estate whereunto man fell, consists in the guilt of Adam's first sin, the want of original righteousness, and the corruption of his whole nature, which is commonly called original sin, together with all actual transgressions which proceed from it. (Rom. 5:19; 3:10; Eph. 2:1; Is. 53:6; Ps. 51:5; Matt. 15:19)

Q. 23. What is the misery of that estate whereunto man fell?

A. All mankind, by their fall lost communion with God, are under His wrath and curse, and made liable to all the miseries of this life, to death itself, and to the pains of hell forever. (Gen. 3:8,24; Eph. 2:3; Gal. 3:10; Rom. 6:23; Matt. 25:41-46; Ps. 9:17)

Q. 24. Did God leave all mankind to perish in the estate of sin and misery?

A. God, out of His mere good pleasure, from all eternity, having chosen a people to everlasting
life, did enter into a covenant of grace, to deliver them out of the estate of sin and misery, and to bring them into an estate of salvation, by a Redeemer. (Eph. 1:3, 4; 2 Thess. 2:13; Rom. 5:21; Acts 13:8; Jer. 31:33)

Q. 35. What is effectual calling?

A. Effectual calling is the work of God's Spirit, whereby, convincing us of our sin and misery, enlightening our minds in the knowledge of Christ, and renewing our wills, He does persuade and enable us to embrace Jesus Christ, freely offered to us in the Gospel. (2 Tim. 1:9; Jn. 16:8- 11; Acts 2:37; 26:18; Ezek. 36:26; Jn. 6:44, 45; 1 Cor. 12:3)

Q. 88. Is any man able perfectly to keep the commandments of God?

Q. 89. What then is the purpose of the law since the fall?

A. The purpose of the law, since, the fall, is to reveal the perfect righteousness of God, that His people may know his will for their lives and the ungodly, being convicted of their sin, may be restrained therein and brought to Christ for salvation. (Ps. 19:7-11; Rom. 3:20, 31; 7:7; 12:2; Titus 2:12-14; Gal. 3:22, 24; 1 Tim. 1:8)

Q. 90. Are all transgressions of the law equally heinous?

A. Some sins in themselves and by reason of several aggravations, are more heinous in the sight of God than others. (Ezek. 8:13; Jn. 19:11; 1 Jn. 5:16)

Q. 91. What does every sin deserve?

A. Every sin deserves God's wrath and curse, both in this life, and in that which is to come. (Eph.5:6; Gal. 3:10; Prov. 3:33; Ps. 11:6; Rev. 21:8)

Q. 92. What does God require of us, that we may escape His wrath and curse, due to us for sin?

A. To escape the wrath and curse of God due to us for sin, God requires of us faith in Jesus Christ, repentance unto life, with the diligent use of all the outward and ordinary means whereby Christ communicates to us the benefits of redemption. (Acts 20:21; Acts 16:30, 31; 17:30)

Q. 116. What do we pray for in the fifth petition?

A. In the fifth petition, which is, “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors,” we pray that God, for Christ's sake, would freely pardon all our sins; which we are the rather encouraged to ask, because by His grace we are enabled from the heart to forgive others. (Matt. 6:12; Ps. 51:1, 3, 7; Mk. 11:25; Matt. 18:35)

Q. 117. What do we pray for in the sixth petition?

A. In the sixth petition, which is, “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil,” we pray that God would either keep us from being tempted to sin, or support and deliver us when we are tempted. (Matt. 6:13; 26:41; Ps. 19:13; 1 Cor. 10:13; Jn. 17:15)

The 1689 Second London Confession as well offers a lovely chapter on the perseverance of the saints.

Literalism is a dead end Jethro. Do you really think it's possible that your left hand doesn't know what your right hand is up to?

Matthew 6:3
But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
I'm not being literal. Jesus is using a metaphor for the Body. Just as 'worms' and 'fire' are probably metaphors to describe the hell where the damned go. Even in the language of his metaphors, Jesus says his body (us) can be made to stumble so as to be cast into hell. Do you want to make it so 'hell' does not really mean 'hell', because that is what you are going to have to do to make these non-OSAS passages go away: Mark 9:42-48 NASB, Matthew 18:6-9 NASB.

Last edited:
There was nothing he could do to stop "no more I" from doing what "no more I" did.
Yes there is: Walk in the Spirit.
It's only when the believer is not walking in/by the Spirit that they are helpless against the flesh:

"18 ...if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the (condemnation of) Law." (Galatians 5:18 NASB)

Yes there is: Walk in the Spirit.
It's only when the believer is not walking in/by the Spirit that they are helpless against the flesh:

"18 ...if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the (condemnation of) Law." (Galatians 5:18 NASB)

"No more I" (sin dwelling in the flesh) and evil present (Romans 7:17-21) is:

A. Revealed by the law. Romans 3:21
B. Made by the law to be utterly sinful. Romans 7:13
C. Empowered by the law. 1 Cor. 15:56
D. Condemned by God in Christ. Romans 8:3

All of the above is from the factual adversarial relationship between the law and "no more I/evil present." This adverse relationship does not change after salvation. As Paul shows us in Romans 7:23, there IS factual "warring" transpiring between "no more I" and Gods Laws and Spirit. Gal. 5:17.

How you stick your self as a believer into the above equations isn't going to "change" or "eliminate" this factual adversarial relationship.

Now, if we follow the Spiritual reasoning that Paul employs above, we'll see, again, what is "sown" into the above facts:

That would be THE RESURRECTION. Does that sound familiar to us? Of course. WHO is THE RESURRECTION? Jesus, the Spirit of Christ:

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Are we "technically" dead? Yep. Here Paul shows his own death:

Romans 7:
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. (See points B and C above)

Romans 8:
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Colossians 3:
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

So who is it you are trying to condemn Jethro? Dead people? Why? You think they can raise themselves from the grave when the law and sin put them in the grave to start with? Ain't gonna happen.

Let's look at what THE RESURRECTION (that would be The Spirit of Christ) is sown into:

1 Corinthians 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

None of these "factual" states CHANGE for the DEAD BODY Jethro. It is a natural body with indwelling sin and evil present. No MAN changes these natural states by their GOOD ACTING JOBS. The DEAD BODY with indwelling sin (no more I) isn't going to be getting "well and better" anytime soon. In fact it is decaying and perishing as we type because of these factual states.

YET, by faith THE RESURRECTION HIMSELF entered INTO the above conditions, sown therein.

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Is THE RESURRECTION going to FAIL Jethro?

I sure wouldn't bank on MR. RED above for a RED NICKEL.

I'm not being literal. Jesus is using a metaphor for the Body.

None of those statements by Jesus refer to physical body parts Jethro, as we engaged previously with "gouging out an eye." The "evil eye" is AN INTERNAL MATTER.

Here, the evil eye is described in the Psalm, as this:

Proverbs 28:22
He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

Here, Jesus pinpoints the "evil eye" to be internal, as in EVIL THOUGHTS:

Mark 7:
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Do we have, like Paul, evil present with us Jethro? (Romans 7:21) How big would you like me to write: ABSOLUTELY.

We could go through similar exercises with other body parts from the scriptures NONE of which are physical external matters. The "left hand" is also a representation of INTERNAL EVIL present with us. We do not "credit" evil, the left hand, with what the "right hand" does.

Proverbs 4:27
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

Here is a little known secret from the scriptures. When Jacob laid his LEFT HAND on the "eldest son" of Joseph, Manasseh, and favored the 'younger son' Ephraim, with his right hand, that is a SPIRITUAL matter. The first born in scripture is always a NATURAL MAN, actually HATED by God. The second son, the SPIRITUAL SON is the "youngest" and therefore FAVORED by God. The natural man always comes before the Spiritual man. Just as we are born BLINDED by the "god of this world" in our natural state prior to salvation. Controlled by the "spirit of disobedience" (Eph. 2:2) which is really WHO God HATES. The 'ELDER' serves the 'YOUNGER.' This showing is the hand of God, working through Jacob, showing this very simple principle:

Genesis 48:14
And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.

17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.

18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

How did Jacob know this? Because Jacob himself went through the SAME EXERCISE as the 'blessed' younger "twin." This same showing is also found with Ishmael and Isaac and many other figures in the scriptures, such as Cain and Abel. It is a PICTURE of the natural man first, THEN the Spiritual man. Paul draws on this identical matter in Gal. 4:29 and Gal. 5:17. When Jacob came before his father, Isaac, as a LIAR and a THIEF, God STILL blessed him. You know why? Because only a SPIRITUAL MAN can tell the TRUTH of evil's presence and indwelling sin in their own sorry HIDES. Natural men try to "hide it" from God.

Now we have a real basic little lesson about "right hand" and "left hand." It also lends meanings to the Apostolic practice of the "laying on of hands." The above is PART of what that means.

Just as 'worms' and 'fire' are probably metaphors to describe the hell where the damned go.

Rev. 14:10 tells us that the "torment" is done "in the PRESENCE OF THE LAMB." This "torment" will not be done in some remote dark location. You in Christ will witness this torment FOREVER and EVER yourself IF you are in the presence of the LAMB. This is also why in Rev. 2:11 we are advised that we will not be hurt by the second death, because we ARE going to be in very close proximity.

Even in the language of his metaphors, Jesus says his body (us) can be made to stumble so as to be cast into hell.

There will be no 'burning bodies' in hell. Our bodies, once to the grave, stay there and return to DUST. The RESURRECTION will come OUT of that dust, the moment we pass from this natural life and we will instantaneously be in the Presence of our Lord and Savior.
Do you want to make it so 'hell' does not really mean 'hell', because that is what you are going to have to do to make these non-OSAS passages go away: Mark 9:42-48 NASB, Matthew 18:6-9 NASB.

Oh, there is assuredly going to be eternal hell, with torture. AND we also know for no uncertain FACT that the devil and his messengers WILL be in the LoF forever and ever.

But, as to your intentions, scriptures do not give us a single named example of any "person" in hell NOR, even less, is there a single named believer shown to have fallen and then heading to "hell."

We are to HOPE in the Grace and Mercy of our Lord and Savior for ALL men, until we are shown otherwise. And we are to love our neighbors as ourselves. Nobody hired you and I to be the hell police.

If you personally have "right" to fear your own Savior would do that to you to keep your own evil in checkmate, so be it.

But don't expect everyone to get on your fear bandwagon or buy your stories.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

You have fear of torment plastered all over your own face. I'd suggest a closer look at Perfect Love.

Last edited:
I've heard many testimonies like this. That's why I don't think God applies Hebrews 6:4 NASB in a harsh, legalistic way, but rather in consideration of mitigating factors.
Or your view that Hebrews 6:4-6 teaches salvation then de-salvation is flawed to begin with.

For it is impossible concerning those who have once been _____ and ____ to renew them again to ______...
Your view 'fills in the blanks' with:

For it is impossible concerning those who have once been _saved_ and having become de-saved_ to renew them again to _salvation_ ...
That's not at all what the passage says in the first place.

Hebrews 6:4-6 (LEB) For it is impossible concerning those who have once been
enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and become sharers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the coming age,
and having
fallen away,
to renew them again to
repentance, ...

God applies Heb 6:4-6 exactly as written. Just as He does Rom 11:29.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back