Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Trinity biblical and does it matter?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The question of Jesus being a created being and not God has had enough publicity.

From the ToS:
2.1: This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity (or declare that it is false) and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act. Please read: Statement of Faith.

From the Statement of Faith:
We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Any further discussion attempting to promote Jesus as a created being or not God will not be allowed.
Keep in mind the ToS and SoF.

The question of Jesus being a created being and not God has had enough publicity.

From the ToS:
2.1: This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity (or declare that it is false) and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act. Please read: Statement of Faith.

From the Statement of Faith:
We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Any further discussion attempting to promote Jesus as a created being or not God will not be allowed.
Keep in mind the ToS and SoF.
Thank you.

Sure. But I can't make anyone understand. (particularly when someone doesn't want to understand...)
(1) There is only one God.
Isa 44:6 (NKJV) “Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last. Besides Me there is no God.
Isa 44:8 ..........Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.' ”
Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me.
Isa 45:14 Thus says the LORD:..........
They will make supplication to you, saying, ‘Surely God is in you,
And there is no other; There is no other God.' ”
Isa 45:21.......... And there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.

(2) That Father is God.
John 6:27, Rom 1:7; 15:6 ...
(3) The Logos is God (John 1:1) Who became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:14) as the Son of God. (Luke 1:32, 35)
(4) The Holy Spirit is God. (Acts 5:3-4)
Thus the Bible identifies the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit as God.

The Bible also describes them as three different "persons." (Probably not the best description but we're stuck with the limitations of human language and the limitations of our experience.)It is the word we use to render the Greek word "HYPOSTASIS" into English.
John 14:26, 15:26; 16:7

The Christian faith is Trinitarian.
If anyone's faith is not Trinitarian then it is not Christian.

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

Can you explain how your view differs from Modalism?

Also, you said if one's faith isn't Trinitarian then it's not Christian. Can you show me anything from Scripture that would support that?

The Trinity is a mystery which is beyond our understanding.
But it can be logically deduced by the fact that Scripture says there is only one God and that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are that one God.
So the three must be the one.
How???
Maybe we'll get it when we see Him.

jim

If it's beyond understanding then it would seem you don't understand it. If that is the case then how can you tell someone they are wrong about the Trinity?

How are they one? It's stated in the Nicene Creed. They are of one essence.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Can you explain how your view differs from Modalism?

Also, you said if one's faith isn't Trinitarian then it's not Christian. Can you show me anything from Scripture that would support that?
Are you serious because he did explain that difference without even mentioning Modalism. And the second question he has also answered before you asked but you do need to read his post. I could not have explained it any better than he did and the answer drives Modalists nutty.

It means God formed Jesus's Spirit. Jesus is Gods firstborn as I read. If Jesus's spirit is Devine in itself we have two Gods. Two different Spirits that are Devine. Thats not what I read. What I read was that the fullness was from another as in the fullness was pleased to dwell in Him. Jesus in Himself is not that fullness. The fullness dwells with Jesus's spirit. The Father is in the Son.
Jesus=>"Father into your hands I commit my spirit" as opposed to the Spirit of the Father (Holy Spirit or Spirit of the Sovereign Lord)

T

The word spirit is breath. Jesus was saying, 'into you hands I commit my breath'. He was dying. The Word is the man Jesus, they are one and the same. The Word was begotten of the Father, therefore, He is deity. Jesus Himself said that He came out of God. Remember that Jesus had the Holy Spirit, so yes He was filled with fullness of of the Father.

What many miss is that they are one in substance or essence, not one in being. When people see one God they all to often think it means one being, that's not what "theos" means. It means deity. Both the Father and the Son are Deity.

Are you serious because he did explain that difference without even mentioning Modalism. And the second question he has also answered before you asked but you do need to read his post. I could not have explained it any better than he did and the answer drives Modalists nutty.

Where would I find that?

Because the Word of God says so and again, he gave you the scriptures.

He gave me Scriptures showing there is one God, showing that the Father is God, and showing that Jesus is God. But, nothing here says that they are one and the same being. It would seem that that is an inference that he is drawing. The question is, is that inference correct?

He gave me Scriptures showing there is one God, showing that the Father is God, and showing that Jesus is God. But, nothing here says that they are one and the same being. It would seem that that is an inference that he is drawing. The question is, is that inference correct?
He also gave you scripture to the third person and over and over in the Bible, incorrectly known as the Old Testament, it iss noted there is but one God. And then in the Commentaries, known to most as the New Testament, the One God is explained to be revealed as three separate persons, you know that but are busy being in denial.

That's alls I can stands, and I can't stands no more. This discussion is now closed. We have been more than accommodating of strange theologies that fall well outside the faith of the one True Church for too long in my opinion. A good discussion went bad long ago when it became a platform to deny the Truth of the Holy Trinity and aggressively promote non-Christian notions.

Our Statement of Faith includes the belief in the One True God who manifests Himself in three distinct persons, and the ToS does not allow for promoting beliefs that reject the SoF. I've seen way too much of this.

Back