Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

IS THERE A RAPTURE? Who will go? WHO'S THE BRIDE?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I do not see how you get this from that scripture?

The woman, who went into the wilderness.

The rest of her offspring, those who hold the testimony of Jesus..,

Sorry, I should have hit the reply button.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Does God have more then one Body ?
There is only one corporate Body of Christ, and it includes believers of every genetic heritage. The physical promises to the patriarchs were for the Messiah to be their genetic descendant. These promises were all fulfilled in Jesus Christ, who's posterity is only continued through spiritual descendants.

Last edited:
There is only one corporate Body of Christ, and it includes believers of every genetic heritage. The physical promises to the patriarchs were for the Messiah to be their genetic descendant. These promises were all fulfilled in Jesus Christ, who's posterity is only continued through spiritual descendants.

I'm confused, (does not take much) what does that have to do with the present subject?

I'm thinking Sinthesis was referring to Jason's #402 post.. neither Jew nor Gentile when we're in Christ, if not then i apologize, because i thought that a saint was a Christian no matter what.

tob

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not see the 'woman' as the early church. Giving birth to Christianity .. The early Church was told to head to the mountains to flee

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Why days of vengeance... Avenge what? The building of his Kingdom? I suggest as a point of thought God avenged the murder of His Son.

Why not see the 'woman' as the early church. Giving birth to Christianity .. The early Church was told to head to the mountains to flee

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Why days of vengeance... Avenge what? The building of his Kingdom? I suggest as a point of thought God avenged the murder of His Son.

Some have thought the woman was the Church, but v.5 gives it away. The woman is Israel and gives birth to the Christ because He "rules all the nations with a rod of iron". That could only be Israel & Christ.

That's an interesting thought, I imagine that the tribulation has some vengeance in it due to the death of Jesus, but more, I think, of disregarding the Gospel. The days of vengeance are the days of tribulation. Your reference to Luke 21:21 is Israel because of the city of Judea. Christians would not be in Judea, just Jews....I think.:thinking

Some have thought the woman was the Church, but v.5 gives it away. The woman is Israel and gives birth to the Christ because He "rules all the nations with a rod of iron". That could only be Israel & Christ.

This discussion will surely derail this thread.

1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.

These three signs are all corporate entities.

They are singular signs, that represent corporate entities.

They are either all corporate, or they are all singular.

Not a mixture of both.

We don't have to identify WHO these signs represent at this time, only that they represent a corporate entity.

The fiery Red Dragon represents Satan's Dominion through world Government. 7 Heads, Ten Horns.

The Ten Horns are ten kings that will rule the ten regions that are forming even now.

Likewise the Woman represents a corporate entity such as Israel.

My opinion is Jerusalem, which is a woman and represents a corporate entity.

The Man Child corresponds to Isaiah 66 and I believe are the sons of God that will be revealed in the last days.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Romans 8:19-22

Again, each "sign" represents a corporate entity.

Revelation 12 is definitely associated with the tribulation.

9.] So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him...

13.] Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.

14.] But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

When the Devil and all his angels are cast down [and confined] to the earth... for then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world.

JLB

That's an interesting thought, I imagine that the tribulation has some vengeance in it due to the death of Jesus, but more, I think, of disregarding the Gospel. The days of vengeance are the days of tribulation. Your reference to Luke 21:21 is Israel because of the city of Judea. Christians would not be in Judea, just Jews....I think.:thinking
Most of the early Christians were of Jewish nationality... Least i kinda think so...

The days of vengeance are the days of tribulation.
Days of vengeance for what?

How long was the siege of Jerusalem?

what? the jewish nation will force the arab Christians out?many arabs are Christians that in isreal.modern isreal is more arab then Hebrew. so there wont be any jews in America, Europe? I will give my Ashkenazi history of a hundred years ago. the cranmans being belorus lived in Odessa at the time of the tsar and left there for montreal in 1890. then in the early 1900s' it was to new York. then to savannah, ga. then to Miami and other areas. a few are in france. some in isreal. and a lot in florida. but to us savannah is the hub. we have street there named after us. no cranman has thought to have left America to isreal to my knowledge. those in isreal may be from other lines other then the six brothers of the son of Jacob.we all that are in America come from those brothers.

This discussion will surely derail this thread.

1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.

These three signs are all corporate entities.

They are singular signs, that represent corporate entities.

They are either all corporate, or they are all singular.

Not a mixture of both.

We don't have to identify WHO these signs represent at this time, only that they represent a corporate entity.

The fiery Red Dragon represents Satan's Dominion through world Government. 7 Heads, Ten Horns.

The Ten Horns are ten kings that will rule the ten regions that are forming even now.

Likewise the Woman represents a corporate entity such as Israel.

My opinion is Jerusalem, which is a woman and represents a corporate entity.

The Man Child corresponds to Isaiah 66 and I believe are the sons of God that will be revealed in the last days.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Romans 8:19-22

Again, each "sign" represents a corporate entity.

Revelation 12 is definitely associated with the tribulation.

9.] So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him...

13.] Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.

14.] But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

When the Devil and all his angels are cast down [and confined] to the earth... for then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world.

JLB

Good morning my informative Brother. I don't know what to say about your statement about derailing the thread. This is the last, I think, of my prior knowledge about a pre-trib rapture. If the woman is not the Church, and the child is not the Bride of Jesus, then I have to know what is going on here. So, I will ask you and the Mod's to make sure that this segmant does NOT derail the thread. Is this OK?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back