Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is this "Bible Study"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Willie T

A man who isn't as smart as others "know" they are
I seem to have a very different view of what Bible Study is supposed to be.
Is this all that you expect out of a study?
"Brother Smith, would you read verse #1?"
Brother Smith reads it.

"Brother Brown, can you tell us what that verse means?"
Brother Brown: "Just what it says!"

The whole class: "Amen!"

"Brother Jones, would you read verse #2?"

Willie T T we have found forums work longer and better with some form of order.. if there is not order ya get the yes no yes not yes no... Something like a point made ,a challenge to the point ... answer and a rebuttal .. would could work nicely . signed the dreamer.

No. I like actual discussion. I also like Bible studies that get into things like what the word in original Greek meant, but not many do that.

oh, or are you talking about the Bible studies on this forum specifically?

No. I like actual discussion. I also like Bible studies that get into things like what the word in original Greek meant, but not many do that.

oh, or are you talking about the Bible studies on this forum specifically?
Oh, trust me, I know I am definitely not attune to how Bible Studies are done here.... obviously.

Yes, I did mean what an effective and useful Bible Study would entail to most of the members here.

Then, of course, my final question after people have replied sure will be, "Then why don't we do (whatever gets mentioned), here on this forum?

Yeah, I know, I'm another dreamer.

Brother Smith reads it.

No.

Nobody stormed out of the room or accused someone else of not even being born again.

Willie T T we have found forums work longer and better with some form of order.. if there is not order ya get the yes no yes not yes no... Something like a point made ,a challenge to the point ... answer and a rebuttal .. would could work nicely . signed the dreamer.
I'm not sure which one you are endorsing--the 'yes, no, yes, no' form, or the 'yes, no...point made, challenge to the point...answer and a rebuttal' form.

And by the way, you left out 'punch and cookies served in the foyer after class'.

Some days i ask the Lord WHY .. Why do i set myself up in the place .. feeling all sorry for myself.. He says hold on gal it aint the Cross..

Why Why does He love us?

Willie T
I'm slightly offended. I happen to think our Bible studies on the forum have been informative and those that take part in them are respectful of each other.
So what are your recommendations to make them better?

That divorce comment was a jesting shot at some earlier posts.... I guess it missed.

Willie T
I'm slightly offended. I happen to think our Bible studies on the forum have been informative and those that take part in them are respectful of each other.
So what are your recommendations to make them better?
Sorry, didn't realize you had drafted the "rules".

And I have just experienced some of the respectfulness.

That's what I was asking for, people's ideas.

The person who I love to read their posts for a Bible Study on this forum is Malachi.I have learned a lot from him.He is a great teacher.

I seem to have a very different view of what Bible Study is supposed to be.
Brother Smith reads it.

I've been in those kind of studies. I last about 5 minutes before falling asleep. Quit going a long time ago. At the last church I attended full time the pastor finally conducted a study on Revelation where he really put his heart into teaching what the scripture said along with the history behind it and presented all the different ideas on what things meant, even the ones he doesn't agree with. He did a great job of pointing out the good and bad of each theory or idea and explained things in a way the lay people could understand. I have to admit I was really impressed and learned a lot despite it being such a hard book to understand. That's the kind of study I can get something out of. He would probably make a great seminary or Bible college professor.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back