Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Israeli Institute Prepares Priests for Jerusalem's Third Temple

Will this Third Temple be built ?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Obsessed?Please explain.

The obsessed see antichrist everywhere and apply the name to anything they consider negative. However this conflicts with any idea of a literal view of the bible because antichrist has a particular definition and use in scripture. Satan benefits when his agents are camouflaged amongst, and confused with, the mundane of a fallen world because it makes him look more powerful than he really is. This contributes to the defeatist mindset that seems so common among futurists.

This thread is about the Temple that the Jews are preparing to build.

Do you see the word antichrist in the OP?

I am unsure as to whether you are serious here or just trying to be ironic. After all, this is your OP about a temple that you expect to be occupied by your Anti-Christ.
And while the OP does not say the word antichrist, it can be inferred to be so in the same manner that you interpret scripture to declare your Anti-Christ when there is no mention of an antichrist.

You seem to be the one talking about the antichrist.

Excuse me! But I'm the one talking about antichrist? In fact it is quite the contrary; it has been you and Kathi that have been obsessing over the importance of knowing the Anti-Christ for who he his when he arrives with the expectations of your flesh to sit in some earthly temple.

The audacity to claim that the Holy Spirit teaches me of these things?

Who inspired Paul to write these words?

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Did the Holy Spirit inspire these words or an evil spirit?
JLB

When we stop complicating the scripture with our own imaginations and just accept to understand the word in its simplicity, the stories and lessons from the Bible make it pretty clear. You will never understand these scriptures as you should until you can accept the fact that you are the man of sin. When the son of Righteousness arises in your heart, there is no more antichrist.

I am curious as to one thing though: Why would a GOD who's first commandment was that you shall have no other God's before Him; then send forth His Spirit to teach you and warn you of false gods?

It is also to the advantage of Satan when people are obsessed with antichrist.

Isn't that the point of the prophesies about the end days and the antichrist in the first place? Not so we will dwell on them but so that we won't be ignorant of Satan's devices?

2 Corinthians 2:11 NKJV
lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.

How is it possible to believe that this 3rd temple will not be built when the Scripture very clearly indicates that it will. If the Scripture is the true word of God, then the prophesies will be fulfilled, period, end of discussion.... Right? What's the debate?

Jesus most certainly did "submit to the Levitical Priesthood". He made every sacrifice and offering that was expected of him according to the law, and did so in the temple through the Levitical priests, and he also kept every other commandment in the Torah. Although there are instances in the Gospels where we see Jesus refusing to follow rabbinical traditions that contradicted the Torah, and he sometimes seems to have gone out of his way to break such traditions, we also see that he did keep some rabbinical traditions that didn't contradict God's laws. Saying that everybody who "practices Judaism", as you put it, is lost cannot possibly be correct, since Jesus was in that category.

The TOG​
Isaiah 42:21
The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Jesus astonished teachers of the law when He MAGNIFIED the Law against adultery, showing the mere thought of same as committing the SIN. (Matt. 5:28)

Jesus also obliterated what conventional thinking about the food laws were, here:

Mark 7:15
There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him
: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Jesus showed that defilement originates internally and came from evil thoughts which defile the man. People are not used to thinking about law in terms of internal defilement via evil thoughts.

Jesus most certainly did "submit to the Levitical Priesthood". He made every sacrifice and offering that was expected of him according to the law, and did so in the temple through the Levitical priests, and he also kept every other commandment in the Torah. Although there are instances in the Gospels where we see Jesus refusing to follow rabbinical traditions that contradicted the Torah, and he sometimes seems to have gone out of his way to break such traditions, we also see that he did keep some rabbinical traditions that didn't contradict God's laws. Saying that everybody who "practices Judaism", as you put it, is lost cannot possibly be correct, since Jesus was in that category.

The TOG​
TOG, I'm not arguing about whether Jesus did or didn't do anything but I am wondering how Jesus could tells the Jews that He was the Son of God and even the I am, and still bring sacrifices for atonement and cleansing?
There is something I don't understand.

I am unsure as to whether you are serious here or just trying to be ironic. After all, this is your OP about a temple that you expect to be occupied by your Anti-Christ.
And while the OP does not say the word antichrist, it can be inferred to be so in the same manner that you interpret scripture to declare your Anti-Christ when there is no mention of an antichrist.

Excuse me! But I'm the one talking about antichrist? In fact it is quite the contrary; it has been you and Kathi that have been obsessing over the importance of knowing the Anti-Christ for who he his when he arrives with the expectations of your flesh to sit in some earthly temple.

When we stop complicating the scripture with our own imaginations and just accept to understand the word in its simplicity, the stories and lessons from the Bible make it pretty clear. You will never understand these scriptures as you should until you can accept the fact that you are the man of sin. When the son of Righteousness arises in your heart, there is no more antichrist.

I am curious as to one thing though: Why would a GOD who's first commandment was that you shall have no other God's before Him; then send forth His Spirit to teach you and warn you of false gods?

Tell me who inspired this scripture to be taught to those who would desire to practice the first commandment.

Was it God or man?

1 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods'--which you have not known--'and let us serve them,'
3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. Deuteronomy 13:1-4

We are taught to recognize those who would lead us astray by false signs and wonders, to serve other gods.

Remember it is God Himself who is sending the strong delusion to those who did have the love of the truth.

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

Hopefully you yourself will take heed from this warning, so you yourself won't be deceive by the strong delusion that God will send through the false signs and wonders that will be performed by the antichrist.

Take heed when you think you stand lest you fall.

JLB

Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Mat_5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

JLB I am asking for a scripture that says Jesus did not go to the priest on His behalf...

Hopefully some one with a good understanding of the customs of "Jesus' day will know when it was the time for a man to step out from his parents and 'go to temple ' on his own...

We can see His 'family' did as required..

Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Mat_5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

JLB I am asking for a scripture that says Jesus did not go to the priest on His behalf...

Hopefully some one with a good understanding of the customs of "Jesus' day will know when it was the time for a man to step out from his parents and 'go to temple ' on his own...

We can see His 'family' did as required..

Sorry Reba,

One verse refers to circumcision.

Nothing shows that He sacrificed for sin, or went to the Priest's to have them sacrifice for Him.

JLB

Jesus had communion with His disciples.

Jesus was the Passover Lamb, He didn't sacrifice a lamb.

You are desperately trying to twist what the word says, yet you have provided no scriptures that says Jesus submitted to the Levitical priesthood by sacrificing animals for sin.

The Passover was all about being forgiven of sin.

Jesus Himself is the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.

That is a direct reference to the Passover.

Secondly you have provided no scripture from the Law, where God commanded the children of Israel to practice Judaism.

Your tradition, sir has made the word of God of no effect.

JLB

Sorry Reba,

One verse refers to circumcision.

Nothing shows that He sacrificed for sin, or went to the Priest's to have them sacrifice for Him.

JLB
I did not say it did... Show me a verse that say He did not... You say He didn't i am asking you to show me the passage that says that ... I dont have an opinion on this ... you do Show me the verse, just like you ask of others, show me the Bible verse that says He did not...

You are desperately trying to twist what the word says, yet you have provided no scriptures that says Jesus submitted to the Levitical priesthood by sacrificing animals for sin.

Secondly you have provided no scripture from the Law, where God commanded the children of Israel to practice Judaism.

JLB
Are you implying Jesus did not in all His 30+ years celebrate the Passover as His 'kinsmen' did? If so what is your passage of scripture to support your claim...

Isn't that the point of the prophesies about the end days and the antichrist in the first place? Not so we will dwell on them but so that we won't be ignorant of Satan's devices?

2 Corinthians 2:11 NKJV
lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.

How is it possible to believe that this 3rd temple will not be built when the Scripture very clearly indicates that it will. If the Scripture is the true word of God, then the prophesies will be fulfilled, period, end of discussion.... Right? What's the debate?

Yet people, for all their fretting, are still ignorant because their endtimes beliefs are based on assumptions rather than scripture. Scripture does not say a third Jewish temple will be built on the Temple Mount. Rather it is only assumed because that is necessary to support other assumed ideas about endtimes.

JLB

Mat 23:1 ¶ Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 - Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Mat 23:3 - All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.​

Jesus did not consider Judaism monolithic, and neither should we. After all, Christianity is not monolithic either. The problem was not the practicing of Judaism, rather practicing Judaism as legalistic hypocrites.

Last edited:
Are you implying Jesus did not in all His 30+ years celebrate the Passover as His 'kinsmen' did? If so what is your passage of scripture to support your claim...

My claim is that Jesus did not sacrifice animals for sin.

My claim is Jesus is a High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

6 As He also says in another place: "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek";
7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
10 called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek," Hebrews 5:6-10

Levi submits to Melchizedek, not the other way around.

High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of Salem, meaning "king of peace,"
3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils.
5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham;
6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.
7Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better.
8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.
9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak,
10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? Hebrews 7:1-11

Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak.

I am saying that Jesus didn't practice the Religion of Judaism, which is a mixture of the law and the traditions of men.

The law of Moses is not Judaism.

JLB

TOG, I'm not arguing about whether Jesus did or didn't do anything but I am wondering how Jesus could tells the Jews that He was the Son of God and even the I am, and still bring sacrifices for atonement and cleansing?
There is something I don't understand.

Jesus did things He didn't need to do, such as baptism and paying tax, as an example for us.

Please note what I said.

Not all sacrifices were to atone for sin. Sin sacrifices were only expected from people when they had sinned. Since Jesus never sinned, the law did not require him to make a sacrifice atoning for sin. There were other sacrifices that were not to atone for sin, but which people were expected to offer. One such sacrifice was the Passover lamb, which Jesus, as leader of the group, would have sacrificed for himself and his disciples every year.

Certainly. Quoting the whole thing would be too long, but I can give you a reference. Gen. 1:1 - Deut. 34:12 tells us the proper way to "practice Judaism" as you insist on calling it. I prefer to think of it as God telling us how He wants us to live.

Living according to Gods commandments is what became known as Judaism. Over time, it became mixed with human traditions, some of them good and others bad. Jesus came and showed us the right way to do things. Since then, it has again become mixed with human traditions. practically nothing we do in church today is to be found in the Bible. Sunday worship, special buildings, steeples, pews, pulpits pastors who are basically the CEO of the church, 90% of the congregation being passive observers and many many other things are totally human traditions, so you may want to think twice before you talk about traditions or religion being different from what the Bible says. Christianity is no better than Judaism when it comes to man made rules and traditions.

The TOG​
Thank you for clarifying. :)
I was thinking about how the Pharisees were consistently accusing Jesus of breaking the Law, they would have held it against because He did not do the the sacrifices for atonement and cleansing.
I was also thinking that if I were not a follower of Jesus I would have to be a Karaite. They only follow the Tanach, not the Rabbical Oral Law.

I believe the answer to how the Passover 'to pass over' is seen as atonement is here in these verses.

Exo 12:12 and I have passed over through the land of Egypt during this night, and have smitten every first-born in the land of Egypt, from man even unto beast, and on all the gods of Egypt I do judgments; I am Jehovah.
Exo 12:13 `And the blood hath become a sign for you on the houses where ye are , and I have seen the blood, and have passed over you, and a plague is not on you for destruction in My smiting in the land of Egypt.

If anyone did not apply the blood they would receive the same judgment as Egypt. Is this not the same as the blood of the Redeemer covering us so that we don't receive the same judgment as the world?

I have posted in this thread as a member so i will not moderated it... but sadly i am closing it... for moderator review...

Back