Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Jaw pain

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Angel

Hey all.

I slept on my face wrong or something because my jaw and upper tooth are in a lot of pain.

Please pray that it goes away.

Thanks.

<3

Dear Father, please have mercy on Sister Angel and deliver her from the pain she is experiencing in Jesus' name. Amen.

Heavenly Father,

I lift Angel up to you. Thank you that we can come before you with our prayers and petitions. So I pray that you heal the pain she has in her jaw and upper tooth. I ask, we ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen

I have a dentist appointment on Monday at 10 am.
It hurts really bad :sad
Im going on vacation on tuesday. Please pray that it will be taken care of in one day. My MIL rented a cabin and she can't get her money back if we don't go.
I'm so excited to go, that I'm really worried.

Please pray...

:cries

My insurance agent left my phone number with a dentist, please pray that he will call this evening!!!
The pain is almost unbearable.

Ok the dentist called.
hes sending my pharmacy a prescription of an antibiotic. He said its hard to tell if its an infection or a nerve thing.
Pray that is just an infection and not a nerve thing!
Thankyou!!!

Prayers continue for you, Angel.

Another possibility: sinus infection. A friend had some serious pain going on, went to the dentist, and was told that was what was causing her jaw & teeth pain.

I would really urge you get to the dentist. Not to scare you, but when this happened to me it turned out to be a cracked tooth. That in itself will let infection into the nerve root, but the infection is not the primary cause. You might clear up the infection for the time being with antibiotics, but still have a long-term problem. It is incredibly painful. I was on triple pain meds (for my FM) and I was still in agony.

At least have your husband look at it. Someone else may be able to see an obvious crack.

Incidentally, I went on to have 3 more cracked teeth. I was gritting my teeth from FM pain so much over three-and-a-half decades that I was cracking my own teeth.

I would really urge you get to the dentist. Not to scare you, but when this happened to me it turned out to be a cracked tooth. That in itself will let infection into the nerve root, but the infection is not the primary cause. You might clear up the infection for the time being with antibiotics, but still have a long-term problem. It is incredibly painful. I was on triple pain meds (for my FM) and I was still in agony.

At least have your husband look at it. Someone else may be able to see an obvious crack.

Incidentally, I went on to have 3 more cracked teeth. I was gritting my teeth from FM pain so much over three-and-a-half decades that I was cracking my own teeth.
I have an appointment with the dentist on Monday. We're going to try for tomorrow, but are unsure because its Easter weekend. Another prayer request.

I had a crown put on last year, and they said it should be ok, but eventually I will probably need a root canal. I don't know.

It helps to keep my mouth shut (ha ha) and strictly breathe through my nose. Talking minimally.
I was worried, but Ive decided to accept that our vacation might not happen.
Worries gone.
There's nothing more I can do.

Dear Sister Angel, this following method worked for me on what my dentist described as a hot tooth that was beyond repair. I do not remember if he even tested it for bacteria or other infection, but it was sure good to get it removed, and actually applying ice itself on the tooth gave relief.

Here is a URL link describing this procedure, and there are others also on Google.

https://www.silbermandental.com/during-a-toothache-do-not-apply-heat/

“Holding ice water in the mouth will make the gas contract and help stop the pain.”

Who’d – a – thunk – it?

Thanks Eugene. I mean it!
My dentist told my mom that it is ok to have heat on the face.
He recommended putting hot rice in a sock and touch the side of my face.
Funny huh?

Back