Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus is not YHVH

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Romans 10:13.
Is a direct quote from Joel 2, and contextually links the Lord Jesus, the same Lord mentioned in verse 9, as being the Lord of Israel, YHWH.
And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced... Zechariah 12:10
I ask you again.
Who is speaking through the mouth of Zechariah the prophet?
Here's a hint from verse 1

Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him. Zechariah 12:1
Who is speaking through the mouth of Zechariah the prophet, that says these words....
Thus says the Lord who stretches out the heavens and the earth...
Then they will look on Me whom they pierced?
JLB

OK. Enough, already.
We must agree to disagree. Edited for content. WIP

Last edited by a moderator:
The Son created all things.

If you kept reading Hebrews 1, you would have come to these words.

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands. Hebrews 1:10

JLB

Well I believe the Father created through the Son.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live

Jesus=>it is the Father living in me doing His work.

John 17:11b:
"Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name - the name you gave me - so they may be one as we are one".

C'mon, what's Jesus saying here?

John 17:11b:
"Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name - the name you gave me - so they may be one as we are one".

C'mon, what's Jesus saying here?
You did not cite the Bible version you used. Here is the KJV:

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

OK. Enough, already.
We must agree to disagree. Edited for content. WIP

Are you saying that, It was not YHWH who spoke through the mouth of Zechariah the prophet, when saying these words...

Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:...
“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Zechariah 12:1,10

My confession of faith is: Jesus Christ is Lord. The Lord God of Israel. YHWH [Not some other Lord]

The Lord God who is coming with the saints at the end of the age, to gather His people at the resurrection on the day of the Lord.

Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,...
Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:1,5

Jesus Christ is Lord, YHWH. Our great God and Savior.

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

and again

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. Titus 2:11-14

JLB

Are you saying that, It was not YHWH who spoke through the mouth of Zechariah the prophet, when saying these words...
I'm saying nothing of the kind.
I'm saying that this conversation is going nowhere and I do not care to continue in what has become a useless exercise which has the potential to degrade into unpleasantness. I'm going to try to avoid that.

Bye now! :wave

iakov the fool

You have chosen to subject yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. No warrantee is declared or implied. Individual mileage may vary. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Back