Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Job and apartment

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Please agree with me in prayer for more hours at my job or just another better job.For Gods favor and wisdom in this matter.My job has been giving me only 25 hours perweek for quite a while and my manager has been giving me a hard time about getting any more hours or going fulltime.I love working at this store and have been there 3 years I would really hate to leave.Plus its retail and I make 10 an hour there and thats really good for retail.Here lately I feel very boxed in and feel like Im not being allowed to go anywhere in any area of my life(and I have been trying very hard to do anything ,something) especially in moving out of my moms.I love my mom and I cant afford to go anywhere else and I know she loves me being here but Ive been here 3 years now(since my divorce) and I would really love a space of my own....theres so many people that come in and out of this house.Needless to say it makes me very nervous living here.Im just emotional and feeling so stuck tonight I have been praying about all this of course but I could use you guys help .Thank you in advance and God bless you all.

Dear Father, I do come to You in agreement with this dear sister to help her in her income, and want to have a life on her own again. Please open doors, and make ways available to meet her needs in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Please agree with me in prayer for more hours at my job or just another better job.For Gods favor and wisdom in this matter.My job has been giving me only 25 hours perweek for quite a while and my manager has been giving me a hard time about getting any more hours or going fulltime.I love working at this store and have been there 3 years I would really hate to leave.Plus its retail and I make 10 an hour there and thats really good for retail.Here lately I feel very boxed in and feel like Im not being allowed to go anywhere in any area of my life(and I have been trying very hard to do anything ,something) especially in moving out of my moms.I love my mom and I cant afford to go anywhere else and I know she loves me being here but Ive been here 3 years now(since my divorce) and I would really love a space of my own....theres so many people that come in and out of this house.Needless to say it makes me very nervous living here.Im just emotional and feeling so stuck tonight I have been praying about all this of course but I could use you guys help .Thank you in advance and God bless you all.
:pray My prayers go out to you.I see what you are talking about.My daughter used to work at American Eagle.They told her that the person who sold the most got the most hours.My daughter thought it was alot of pressure.
I see your point about your living circumstances.Is their a way you could get a studio apt?Could you afford that?Sometimes you can find a home that someone will rent out a room.Sometimes that could be in a basement so you could have your privacy.

Last edited:
it would work out best for me to be in a place by myself because I am very reserved and like alot of space,privacy and quiet,there are these apartments right by my work that could afford to live in by myself if i only made between 200 to 300 more a month,even if my car broke down I could easily walk to work.I feel led the other day to pray for 25,000 dollars so I feel something is going to happen i dont know exactly what but I know God has done some big things in my past and i know he hasnt brought me this far to leave me.

thank you all for your prayers.I feel Gods peace coming over me.It sucks to feel like your fighting something you cant change and you have to keep sitting still but I know its not all for nothing.

Those times are what I call my 'hurry up and wait' times.
:lol My daughter was engaged and it was broken off.She was devastated.She would call me everynight and we would talk for hours.I kept telling her "God has a wonderful plan for you".She was feeling so down she would say "Yea". Well,it happened she met a wonderful man and she now has a wonderful marriage.

And that is the crux to everything in our lives: our Lord has a wonderful plan for each of us!

That's marvelous news about your daughter & her marriage with your s-i-l, Kathi !

I actually had someone tell me acouple years ago that they felt led to tell me that God had someone for me but that there was refining going on so that we could be one flesh.I actually havent been worried about that part at all i dont feel a romantic relationship fixes anything dont get me wrong they are wonderful and I did love being a wife.I geuss what he put me through with his affair and me being displaced Im not exactly in a rush to go through that again.

I actually had someone tell me acouple years ago that they felt led to tell me that God had someone for me but that there was refining going on so that we could be one flesh.I actually havent been worried about that part at all i dont feel a romantic relationship fixes anything dont get me wrong they are wonderful and I did love being a wife.I geuss what he put me through with his affair and me being displaced Im not exactly in a rush to go through that again.
I've been there hallowbonnie.I know what you are going through.Do not rush into another marriage that would be a big mistake.But have you ever thought about the fact that you do have your parents?Many don't have that.

Well I have my mom she has definately had my back,my dad * sigh I know he loves me but he and my stepmom have limited contact with me because I cramp their style so to speak( they are rich and part of a higher society type thing where they live).So every once in a while they will drive 4 hours to see me for a couple hours and then i wont see them for another 6 months.I want to say just forget it and stay home but I cant have peace if I dont let them come see me.So on that I just say to myself it is what it is I have God he is all I need and all I trust and Im good with that.

Well I have my mom she has definately had my back,my dad * sigh I know he loves me but he and my stepmom have limited contact with me because I cramp their style so to speak( they are rich and part of a higher society type thing where they live).So every once in a while they will drive 4 hours to see me for a couple hours and then i wont see them for another 6 months.I want to say just forget it and stay home but I cant have peace if I dont let them come see me.So on that I just say to myself it is what it is I have God he is all I need and all I trust and Im good with that.
If you have God you have everything.Do you and your mom have a good relationship?You father is the looser in this case.He is only thinking of himself.

Oh yeah me and my mom are much closer now than when i was growingup but thats because she only got us every other weekend.She encourages me and everything.She tells me she wants to see me happy and fulfilled and it doesnt bother her at all having me here.I would really like to somehow make her proud to have me as a daughter.I feel like a loser sometimes.I know thats not true ,I know Ive done as much as I can doand that its just the situation.

Oh yeah me and my mom are much closer now than when i was growingup but thats because she only got us every other weekend.She encourages me and everything.She tells me she wants to see me happy and fulfilled and it doesnt bother her at all having me here.I would really like to somehow make her proud to have me as a daughter.I feel like a loser sometimes.I know thats not true ,I know Ive done as much as I can doand that its just the situation.
You are not a loser.Those are lies from Satan.You are a child of God and He loves you more than any earthly person ever could.Maybe your self esteem has been hurt over the breakup of your marriage.That can do it.

Yeah I think thats where most of it comes from whenever i get that feeling.My ex had an affair with a woman who made much more money than me.He kept harping on me wanting me to make more money even though i already worked a fulltime job that i loved and we were actually quite comfortable had no kids and didnt want any ,we were able to pay bills play a bit and save a bit.When I left him and my father and stepmother "allowed" me to live with them for a year then some of their friends found out I lived there and i worked retail and was low income and they got rid of me fast 4 days before christmas.So I have this real weird complex with money it seems I dont make enough for anyone to love me but I dont want that kind of love anyway I think its disgusting.

The break-up of the marriage, the rare visits from your Dad .... those can play havoc with self-esteem.

I don't see you as a 'loser'. Indeed, no. Instead, you are a survivor who loves our Lord dearly! (And you're also our friend!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back