Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Job and apartment

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yeah I think thats where most of it comes from whenever i get that feeling.My ex had an affair with a woman who made much more money than me.He kept harping on me wanting me to make more money even though i already worked a fulltime job that i loved and we were actually quite comfortable had no kids and didnt want any ,we were able to pay bills play a bit and save a bit.When I left him and my father and stepmother "allowed" me to live with them for a year then some of their friends found out I lived there and i worked retail and was low income and they got rid of me fast 4 days before christmas.So I have this real weird complex with money it seems I dont make enough for anyone to love me but I dont want that kind of love anyway I think its disgusting.
I am sorry you had to go through that.

The break-up of the marriage, the rare visits from your Dad .... those can play havoc with self-esteem.

I don't see you as a 'loser'. Indeed, no. Instead, you are a survivor who loves our Lord dearly! (And you're also our friend!)
I think the most important roll a father can play to his daughter is to love her and to love her mother.When girls grow up with an unhealthy relationship with their father it makes for an unhealthy future in the daughters future with the men she chooses.Some abusive men know how to pick those women too.

Thank you guys very much I needed to talk this all out .Thanks for your words.Im gonna try to get some sleep and hopefully workthis brownie off in my sleep lol.

Praying you will find your self esteem and a lifestyle that is good for you. Any chance you could take a second part time job if the store won't give you more hours? Or maybe you could use those hours to do some training or studying to better your life? You've faced rejection from the two men who should have loved you unconditionally, your father and your husband. Very hard to recover, but with God's help you can do it.

I got the number to the district manager soIm gonna call him tomoro and see about more hours and a raise since i havent had one in 3 years.I already feel Gods favor.

Back