Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Joel Osteen, good or bad

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Have you ever sat listening to a preacher who said that he once believed and preached a "certain" idea or belief, but that he now sees things differently?
Really, have you?
I have... more than once. My question: Does this make them "False Teachers"? After all, either the way they once thought could be wrong...... or the way they understand things now, could be wrong..... or BOTH could be wrong.

Seriously, how do you, personally, deal with that in the man hired by YOUR church?

Last edited:
Have you ever sat listening to a preacher who said that he once believed and preached a "certain" idea or belief, but that he now sees things differently?
Really, have you?
I have... more than once. My question: Does this make them "False Teachers"? After all, either the way they once thought could be wrong...... or the way they understand things now, could be wrong..... or BOTH could be wrong.

Seriously, how do you, personally, deal with that in the man hired by YOUR church?

I have heard of pastors and teachers saying that they had changed their view on a scripture or doctrine.
I think it would depend on what it was they got wrong. I believe in the spiritual gifts but I'm not going to refuse to be taught by someone who doesn't if they have a good understanding of other things.
If he spent time berating women more than men, I wouldn't say anything to him but I'd probably send him a compact with a mirror inside with a note telling him it is pocket size for his suit and sign my name. :neutral

Don't quote me on this because i didn't say it..:confused its just something i heard and think it applies to preachers like Joel.. If Jesus would have preached like this man he wouldn't have been crucified..

tob

Don't quote me on this because i didn't say it..:confused its just something i heard and think it applies to preachers like Joel.. If Jesus would have preached like this man he wouldn't have been crucified..

tob
I'm not sure if you fully understand what you just said, but I LOVE it.

Dad kept the history part of Bible School but unlearned much of their view of the spiritual side...

I think most of us have to do that.

Most of us brother? You're just being kind to mankind, lol. Most of us should, that's for sure. Not always an easy thing to do however. Many times, Christians long held beliefs and traditions are the anchor of their belief system and they do not give them up easily. So much deception in the world! We have to keep in mind that Satan has been planning and working on this for centuries, and much of it is what makes people feel good about themselves and their God.

Being able to set aside what one thinks they know, long enough to give a (honest) fresh look at scriptures is a valuable and perhaps necessary "skill" to have. It's so easy to let others interpret for us, and to tell us what it means...who really likes homework anyway, right?

And besides, it's only life and death for eternity. :oops :biggrin2

Hey Guys. How are you feeling today?. Are you feeling good?. Praise the Lord and say it like you mean it. I do because you, man, have blessed me with so many millions im feeling good and blessed, so now next weeks service is 200 a ticket or 800 for elite front row seats to hear the lord speak. Can you hear me speak.

Hold your bible and say it like you mean it, but dont open it anymore, no need because i can do all the talking.
:lol

Most of us brother? You're just being kind to mankind, lol. Most of us should, that's for sure. Not always an easy thing to do however. Many times, Christians long held beliefs and traditions are the anchor of their belief system and they do not give them up easily. So much deception in the world! We have to keep in mind that Satan has been planning and working on this for centuries, and much of it is what makes people feel good about themselves and their God.

Being able to set aside what one thinks they know, long enough to give a (honest) fresh look at scriptures is a valuable and perhaps necessary "skill" to have. It's so easy to let others interpret for us, and to tell us what it means...who really likes homework anyway, right?

And besides, it's only life and death for eternity. :oops :biggrin2
I think that in reality, most Christians honestly DON'T feel good about themselves, nor about God. And this seems to come directly from preaching (and then, people simply believing) that we are scum of the earth (many preachers say, "worms".), and the massive indoctrination that God is mainly angry with mankind, and seems to be almost eagerly awaiting the day He can come down on us with a big hammer.

When, in reality, we are the most special things God ever created, and His overwhelming love for us is laced all through the Bible. And if we would quit just "quoting" John 3:16, and start actually BELIEVING it, we would see our Father's true feelings for us.

I think that in reality, most Christians honestly DON'T feel good about themselves, nor about God. And this seems to come directly from preaching (and then, people simply believing) that we are scum of the earth (many preachers say, "worms".), and the massive indoctrination that God is mainly angry with mankind, and seems to be almost eagerly awaiting the day He can come down on us with a big hammer.

When, in reality, we are the most special things God ever created, and His overwhelming love for us is laced all through the Bible. And if we would quit just "quoting" John 3:16, and start actually BELIEVING it, we would see our Father's true feelings for us.

Amen brother! I've thought about that exact thing. I pray to be able to see myself as the Lords sees me, with His eyes. John 3:16 is a great example for this. While we were yet sinners, He died for us. That's huge. He loves us brother, yes He does! Praise and honor to our Lord for that! That brightens my whole day to consider that! :)

Amen brother! I've thought about that exact thing. I pray to be able to see myself as the Lords sees me, with His eyes. John 3:16 is a great example for this. While we were yet sinners, He died for us. That's huge. He loves us brother, yes He does! Praise and honor to our Lord for that! That brightens my whole day to consider that! :)
I'm a big believer in the enormity of the necessity of us understanding our identities in Jesus.

I'm a big believer in the enormity of the necessity of us understanding our identities in Jesus.

(Me too)

...and that, my brother, is what it's all about. Well said. We need to realize our identities in Christ. We were created in the very image of God. As such, we're very special beings and need to comprehend it. The Lord thought it was worth it to actually die, that we may live. Anyone here think that the Lord makes bad decisions? Bad investments? He invested His very blood into us. Oh yes, brothers and sisters...we're valuable to God. Very valuable. There's nothing on this earth that is as valuable as a human soul.

So no more identity crisis! It's all in there in scripture. Believe it. Live it. Receive it. God is for us in a very big way, and if the Lord be for us...who can stand against us?!

The very cornerstone of it all...is Love. For God is love, and we are to become love to receive our identities in full. Love God with all of your heart, and love your brother as yourself. We are all part of one body. There's our need for unification right there. I love you all. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the Lord!

:cross All we have to do is believe it, the rest shall be added unto you.

(Me too)

...and that, my brother, is what it's all about. Well said. We need to realize our identities in Christ. We were created in the very image of God. As such, we're very special beings and need to comprehend it. The Lord thought it was worth it to actually die, that we may live. Anyone here think that the Lord makes bad decisions? Bad investments? He invested His very blood into us. Oh yes, brothers and sisters...we're valuable to God. Very valuable. There's nothing on this earth that is as valuable as a human soul.

So no more identity crisis! It's all in there in scripture. Believe it. Live it. Receive it. God is for us in a very big way, and if the Lord be for us...who can stand against us?!

The very cornerstone of it all...is Love. For God is love, and we are to become love to receive our identities in full. Love God with all of your heart, and love your brother as yourself. We are all part of one body. There's our need for unification right there. I love you all. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the Lord!

:cross All we have to do is believe it, the rest shall be added unto you.
Sounds like Joel preaching.

Oh please show me where that is in scripture.What Bible are you reading?
lol, that part there means its a joke. I don't speculate much on what , if any , earthly pleasures shall be In heaven.save that which is mentioned.to base dogma on that idea is akin to what we often complain about the catholics. the bible doesn't mention that I cant ask paul or any saint in heaven that to pray for me, but I don't think that is good because it can and it has lead to ancestor worship and idolatry.

lol, that part there means its a joke. I don't speculate much on what , if any , earthly pleasures shall be In heaven.save that which is mentioned.to base dogma on that idea is akin to what we often complain about the catholics. the bible doesn't mention that I cant ask paul or any saint in heaven that to pray for me, but I don't think that is good because it can and it has lead to ancestor worship and idolatry.
Compared to the heavenly food and feasts chocolate will probably be like dog food :biggrin2

Back