Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Joel Osteen, good or bad

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yeah, the basic "Them vs Us". Sometimes we humans just insist on having that.
Important. We are followers of Christ. I don't get it? In this day and age we can read and have the Bible for ourselves and then, we are convinced that someone is going to trip us up? I take time to study and read. It is not that complicated to love God.

So are you saying you agree with my interpretations of the scriptures you referred to?
Most of it yes except;
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

So these are not teachers (although a teacher could teach this) that the Lord is not coming back.
The Bible teaches that the Lord is coming back.It would be false teaching to say that He is not.

We DO get kind of pig-headed with some of our nonsense.
One is "Pre-Trib, and another is "Post Trib", and I have even heard of "Mid Trib".... while some people don't even bother to give it a thought.
And when you get right down to it something like this doesn't matter a hoot for anything, anyway.
Still, some of us cling to a certain belief like it makes or breaks our salvation.

All the while, God probably sits there, shaking his head at our stupidity.

One is "Pre-Trib, and another is "Post Trib", and I have even heard of "Mid Trib".... while some people don't even bother to give it a thought.
And when you get right down to it something like this doesn't matter a hoot for anything, anyway.
Still, some of us cling to a certain belief like it makes or breaks our salvation.

I do not prefer to be called "pig-headed" about my eschatology beliefs.I read Scripture and I believe what it tells me.If it happens to not turn out the way I think it does I am prepared for that.It sounds to me that you are somewhat judgmental.

God's saying, Go Willie, get em, yeah, get em, aw, you blew it, you had em.

Most of it yes except;
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

So these are not teachers (although a teacher could teach this) that the Lord is not coming back.
The Bible teaches that the Lord is coming back.It would be false teaching to say that He is not.

Yes it would. These are people who said there was no second coming. I also thinking these were Jews during Paul's time because he said, "since the fathers fell asleep". They were scoffing at the idea that He would ever return.

It doesn't make or break, but prepares and assures

You won't know the hour, but you'll see the signs it's nearer
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matthew 24:32-36)

Rejoice in fulfilled prophecy
So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Prophecy is also important because Revelation says the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Christ.

I did a chapel once on what prophecy is for:
- Drawing to repentance through warning
- Fulfilled prophecy declares the prophecy the sovereinty of Yah thus bringing a more intimate relationship by knowing more about who he is E.g: "...all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts... (Revelation 2:23)"
- Discipline and obedience (Deuteronomy prophecies standards as to what will happen to Israel upon obedience/disobedience for example)
- Wisdom and discernment giving clarity to know God's word and warning us to suit up in our armour (Eph 6.) And allows us to expose evil (Eph. 5:11)

Just whatever you do: don't think like Rick Warren.

Most of it yes except;

A more fitting verse would be

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. (2 Peter 2:3)

MOST people shouldn't be worried about any rapture or being caught up. One could die this very day in a car wreck, etc.
So we need to be ready EVERYDAY.

We do need to warn those in spiritual deception. An understanding of the end-times can help someone to see the lies. For example, how UFO's are connected to occult and demonic activity, how An alien-savior could be the Antichrist. or even possibly used to explain away the rapture.

And I'll gladly accept being called a tin-foil-hatted ruckmanite.

"Oh. Christians got caught up by UFOs! That's why they disappeared. Don't look over here" - The government.

We do need to warn those in spiritual deception. An understanding of the end-times can help someone to see the lies. For example, how UFO's are connected to occult and demonic activity, how An alien-savior could be the Antichrist. or even possibly used to explain away the rapture.

"Oh. Christians got caught up by UFOs! That's why they disappeared. Don't look over here" - The government.
My wife is from the Milky Way!

I do not prefer to be called "pig-headed" about my eschatology beliefs.I read Scripture and I believe what it tells me.If it happens to not turn out the way I think it does I am prepared for that.It sounds to me that you are somewhat judgmental.
Are you "WE".

A more fitting verse would be

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. (2 Peter 2:3)

We weren't fitting any particular verses but I asked what are scriptures that describe false teacher/false prophets and Kathi shared several good ones. This is a good one, too. How do you interpret this scripture? Can you give examples of what those people in the scriptures may be doing specifically and in our own time? Thanks.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Good point about all the weird UFO stuff too, I never think about those things. Like Scientology.

YosefHayim
You won't know the hour, but you'll see the signs it's nearerNow learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Do you think this is Israel?

Yes,they are associated with the Occult.They may play an important roll in our end times.

MOST people shouldn't be worried about any rapture or being caught up. One could die this very day in a car wreck, etc.
So we need to be ready EVERYDAY.
I am not worried about the rapture it is my glorious hope.The Bible tells us that we will be blessed for anticipating His return.I do think that many scoff the rapture because the idea of an any second upward trip to be with our Lord and a judgment scares them.

YosefHayim
You won't know the hour, but you'll see the signs it's nearerNow learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Do you think this is Israel?

If the fig tree is Israel I wonder who the other trees are that are budding? But that's for the end times forum so I won't go there. I'm imitating my favorite thread derailer now. :helmet

Back