Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judgement coming september 2015 to america...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This morning I was watching a video about Gods judgement coming to America this year, this very month. God is about to send terrible judgement on the wicked. This will happen while Obama is still in office. New York and California will be wiped clean off the map by devastating floods and fires. It is time for America to wake up and be what God intended her to be. Millions will die by these events that are so very soon... about to take place. Oh Jesus, we need you. Things are about to take place that have never been nor will ever be again. If we are not right with God, we are truly in trouble!!!

You do realize that in less than two weeks, this post is going to look a little foolish, and you are going to be left trying to re-word your statement to somehow save face.

This morning I was watching a video about Gods judgement coming to America this year, this very month. God is about to send terrible judgement on the wicked. This will happen while Obama is still in office. New York and California will be wiped clean off the map by devastating floods and fires. It is time for America to wake up and be what God intended her to be. Millions will die by these events that are so very soon... about to take place. Oh Jesus, we need you. Things are about to take place that have never been nor will ever be again. If we are not right with God, we are truly in trouble!!!
I must ask you a question.
What is it that God intended America to be and how do you know this?

That is a pretty broad claim, so anything could pretty much happen and you could claim to be right. What specifically are you expecting to happen?

I wouldn't give the video that much credit. We need to be right with God regardless of predicted disasters. But I don't think there's anyone still around who is a prophet like Isaiah or Jonah who predicted disaster and it came true. Just a little thick skinned about the subject though, after so many people saying the end of the world happens on _________ date.

Mathew 24:36 says no one knows the day or the hour that God's judgment will come. But chapter 24 is all really good for understanding when and how it'll happen. Though I'm not excited to find these things come true in our home, Mathew 24:4-8 says there will be wars between nations famines and earthquakes with worse to come. Many think we have reached that stage in the world.

Mathew 24:9-10 says we will be hated all over the world because of being a follower of Jesus, be aressted, perscuted, and killed because of being a follower. And many will turn away from Jesus and hate eachother. I know this already happens in some places in the world, but the way it's written makes me think it'll be common everywhere. Not looking forward to that. I think I see a few different movements of hate becoming more popular in America. I assume they are simularily becoming popular in other nations. A hatred against any religion and a philosophy to get rid of them all, along with several "rational" atheistic philosophies saying that they have the intellectual higher ground. Whether those philosophies last or not, I think we're coming to an age to see that second set of signs coming true.

Mathew 24:11-14 predicts about false prophets, sin rampant everywhere, the love of many will grow cold, but those who endure to the end will be saved, and the Good News about the Kingdom of God will be preached throughout the whole world.

Those last prophecies may have already come true. I don't know. As of today they seem to be true, but maybe the prophesy about the good news being spread through out the nations might not be about christianity being spread across the world. It could be about new prophets spreading the news. After all in Revelations 11 there is a prediction of two witnesses of God who prophesy for God. So maybe the prophase in Mathew 24:11-14 haven't yet occured.

Everything is in Gods hands. So then I guess I am a fool. Bottom line, America is in trouble.
Well I certainly wouldn't call you a fool because I believe what Jesus told us, and Jesus said "whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire." (Matt 5:22 ESV) But I will say I've been hearing these same so called "prophesies" of these same things with various dates attached for the last 40 years at least. So far all of them have proven to be false prophesies that were not from God. If I were you I'd be VERY hesitant to believe such things that have been proven wrong so many times in the past.

Just be careful with the end times/end of the world philosophies, Michelle. There have been many people hurt by following those philosophies, building them up and then be swept away by a false prediction of devastation, or of Jesus returning on one date or another. Some people have sold everything they had, or gave it all away because of some predictions. I think I remember at least one mass sucide thing due to Haley's comet sighting having a end of the world following around it.

If you think America is in trouble, go on the practical side and give your thoughts on what needs to be changed. Those might be the better focus on, regardless whether there is any looming disaster. Just my thoughts though.

As a Christian confident in the good news of Jesus, why would one be apprehensive over the judgement of that which is assumed to be evil. It's seems like Lot's wife turning back to glimpse Sodom one last time.

I understand your point Michelle. I maybe see it slightly different way though. When people bring up judgment on America, they usually speak of (gay marriage) and (abortions). Nope, it is cause Matthew 12:26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself.

If judgment comes, it is cause we are divided as a country. We are to be united in Love.

It may be now or later, but it is all supposed to unfold sometime this month. We have been divided for decades. Its not possible for everybody in America to unite as one because of all the unbelivers that stir up trouble and persecute Gods people. The only other way is Gods coming judgement. It is in the bible. I guess being a Christian I was just letting my brothers and sisters know some things that I learned. It sad that it would cause an argument of some kind and I do apologize.

It may be now or later, but it is all supposed to unfold sometime this month. We have been divided for decades. Its not possible for everybody in America to unite as one because of all the unbelivers that stir up trouble and persecute Gods people. The only other way is Gods coming judgement. It is in the bible. I guess being a Christian I was just letting my brothers and sisters know some things that I learned. It sad that it would cause an argument of some kind and I do apologize.

Michelle, you jumped right into the end times forum.
It's like throwing yourself into the arena with the lions.
You should regroup and look around a little.

Do we get a link to the video you watched?

Do we get a link to the video you watched?
Yeah, just out of curiosity I'd like to watch it too. But I searched for it on the internet by every key word or phrase I could come up with and couldn't find anything close to what you described. Michelle6488 Was it a video on the internet? If so can we have link?

Back