Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Justified by the faith of Jesus Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am in the “faith of Jesus†camp.

Faith is gifted to believers by God. (see Eph 2:8 and others…)

faith is not of ourselves. Repeat that three times... :)

People believe because God has revealed Himself to them (in some way). This is true in the OT and the NT. Keep in mind that Amalek wasn’t offered a place at God’s table… I don’t think God ever introduced Himself to Amalek. There was no mercy at all for the Amalekites. God simply did not favor them for exactly the same reason He DID favor Israel… Not because they were big or small, or good or bad, or passed some sort of test. Neither did Israel “place their faith†in God.

If God made Himself as intimate with you as He was with Abraham, we would have faith like his, too.

We thank God for our food, health, jobs, and homes. How much more should we thank Him for our faith?

Nothing is ours. Absolutely nothing. Remeber that at prayer time.

-HisSheep

I am in the “faith of Jesus†camp.

Faith is gifted to believers by God. (see Eph 2:8 and others…)

faith is not of ourselves. Repeat that three times... :)

People believe because God has revealed Himself to them (in some way). This is true in the OT and the NT. Keep in mind that Amalek wasn’t offered a place at God’s table… I don’t think God ever introduced Himself to Amalek. There was no mercy at all for the Amalekites. God simply did not favor them for exactly the same reason He DID favor Israel… Not because they were big or small, or good or bad, or passed some sort of test. Neither did Israel “place their faith†in God.

If God made Himself as intimate with you as He was with Abraham, we would have faith like his, too.

We thank God for our food, health, jobs, and homes. How much more should we thank Him for our faith?

Nothing is ours. Absolutely nothing. Remeber that at prayer time.

-HisSheep
AMEN

When we believe, we are trusting Christ, who has been lifted up as the serpent on a pole...that He is able to perform what He has promised. If you look on Him, you will live. Then His faith and righteousness are imputed to us.
Romans 4: 21-25 said:
21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Philippians 3:8-9 said:
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

The Truth about Faith is this ! Faith even to believe in Christ, along with every other grace of the Spirit, is God's work in us, for scripture states Isa 26:12

LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

One Translation reads:

Lord, you will give us peace: for all our works are the outcome of your purpose.

Also Phil 2:13

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

"For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases him." ISV

Yes, He works that in us which is well pleasing in His Sight Heb 13:

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

A Person cannot do God's will without Faith ! Now God does this for His Sheep how ? Through Jesus Christ

The Truth about Faith is this ! Faith even to believe in Christ, along with every other grace of the Spirit, is God's work in us, for scripture states Isa 26:12

LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

One Translation reads:

Lord, you will give us peace: for all our works are the outcome of your purpose.

Also Phil 2:13

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

"For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases him." ISV

Yes, He works that in us which is well pleasing in His Sight Heb 13:

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

A Person cannot do God's will without Faith ! Now God does this for His Sheep how ? Through Jesus Christ

sbg57----"The Truth about Faith is this ! Faith even to believe in Christ, along with every other grace of the Spirit, is God's work in us,"

Grubal-----That self same faith (the ability to freely believe in what we will) was given to ALL of mankind, by God, at birth (He created us that way)

Grubal-----That self same faith (the ability to freely believe in what we will) was given to ALL of mankind, by God, at birth (He created us that way)

I can't find this precept in my bible. Faith is NOT given to every man. This is wishful thinking. I'll grant you that this view is popular, but it is not biblical.

Children in the West have different access/exposure to the Gospel than children in the Sudan, where many NEVER hear the gospel.

God does not hand out material blessings evenly either; some starve while others throw out their leftovers.

-HisSheep

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find this precept in my bible. Faith is NOT given to every man. This is wishful thinking. I'll grant you that this view is popular, but it is not biblical.

Children in the West have different access/exposure to the Gospel than children in the Sudan, where many NEVER hear the gospel.

God does not hand out material blessings evenly either; some starve while others throw out their leftovers.

-HisSheep

There is an, "implied logic" illustrated in the Bible, Matthew 14:36--"And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole." In this verse we see that the people in question, had to reach out (in faith) to touch His garment in order for them to be made whole...Matthew 8:8--The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. The Centurion placed his faith in Christ and Christ said, He had not seen such faith in all of Israel...Matthew 5:34--- And he said unto her, Daughter, your faith has made you whole; go in peace, and be whole of your disease. Another example of the faith of man...Mark 10:52---And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way. Mark 9: 24--And immediately the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. Matthew 8:26---And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. Christ verbally chastised them for having weak faith...Matthew 16:8--Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? As you can see from these verses, Christ verbally responded to those with little faith, and those with an overabundance of faith. These were examples of various situations where mans faith was presented. Sometimes in the negative (Ye of little faith) to (I haven't seen so much faith in all of Israel) So, it's more than implied, man has his own faith, and God created him as such...

Those who never hear the Gospel, remain in the hands of God...We can only "speculate" what happens with them....

Jesus said, "the poor you have with you always...

-HisSheep

Both the faith of Christ and our faith are spoken of in the Bible numerous times.
Man can have faith in God as the Jews did, without having faith in Christ (until he's been lifted up to them).

There are many people who believe in God, but believing in His Son is what saves us.

Here is a good example of that.
Acts 10:1-4 said:
There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

God's grace to mankind is seen here. The things of God are clearly seen, and men develop faith in God.
They believe God exists....but faith in God alone is not what saves us.
Romans 1:19-20 said:
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

There is an, "implied logic" illustrated in the Bible, Matthew 14:36--"And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole." In this verse we see that the people in question, had to reach out (in faith) to touch His garment in order for them to be made whole...Matthew 8:8--The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. The Centurion placed his faith in Christ and Christ said, He had not seen such faith in all of Israel...Matthew 5:34--- And he said unto her, Daughter, your faith has made you whole; go in peace, and be whole of your disease. Another example of the faith of man...Mark 10:52---And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way. Mark 9: 24--And immediately the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. Matthew 8:26---And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. Christ verbally chastised them for having weak faith...Matthew 16:8--Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? As you can see from these verses, Christ verbally responded to those with little faith, and those with an overabundance of faith. These were examples of various situations where mans faith was presented. Sometimes in the negative (Ye of little faith) to (I haven't seen so much faith in all of Israel) So, it's more than implied, man has his own faith, and God created him as such...

Those who never hear the Gospel, remain in the hands of God...We can only "speculate" what happens with them....

Jesus said, "the poor you have with you always...

Very true. There are all levels of faith, including our faith in Him. Saving faith is the faith of Christ.

his sheep

I can't find this precept in my bible. Faith is NOT given to every man.

You are correct, it is Given by allotment to God's Elect, His Sheep. Titus 1:1

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 Pet 1:1

1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Who is with us ? Peter was speaking about himself and The Chosen Disciples. They were God's Elect Jn 15:16

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Now this Faith of the Chosen was obtained by Allotment. The word obtained in the greek is lagchano and means:

to obtain by lot

a) to receive by divine allotment, obtain

2) to cast lots, determine by lot

And its not alloted to everyone, so Peter states To them that have obtained it

When something is received by allotment, its is received by a Divine Appointment. So Faith is a Divine Appointment to God's Elect.

To Open the blind eyes !

Isa 42:7

To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Real Faith is an eye to look to Christ, this occurs when God opens one eyes to see the Son Jn 6:40

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now how can one seeth the Son if their eyes have not been opened ? Scripture says that those who do not believe, that they are blinded by the god of this world 2 Cor 4:4

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

All men by nature are spiritually blind, how can such a one see the Son and Believe ? This is true whether we agree or not, so how can one see, look , behold and believe in Him, and their eyes have not been opened ? Its impossible. In the Apostolic era God sent Preachers of the Gospel attended by the Ministry of the Holy Spirit, a New Covenant or Testament Ministry to certain people to accomplish His Purpose of opening their Eyes to Faith in Christ. Acts 26:18

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

He opens their eyes means He gives them Faith by which they receive the knowledge of the forgiveness of their sins. God reveals their forgiveness by giving them Faith or opening up their eyes ! Thats why it is written that Faith is not of ourselves, because one cannot open up his own blind eyes. Their forgiveness is Found in Christ, in His blood, the blood of the Covenant or Testament that was shed for the many Matt 26:28

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Thats why back in Isa 42, the opening of the eyes is due to the Servant being made a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Jesus refers to this Covenant in Matt 26:28 ! So all those Christ died for have their eyes open, given Faith to see the Son and Believe on Him..

Faith of Christ !

Many who are following the Man of sin doctrines have committed gross Sacrilege in this matter of Faith and Salvation. They treat it [Faith] as if its under the control of a spiritually dead sinner, as if it [Faith in salvation] is their freewill. However scriptural testimony of Faith is that it is a Spiritual [ For it apprehends spiritual unseen realities and it is supernatural] which means it is not natural faith of the natural man, but it is far above that, it is in a entirely different realm, for even the devils have natural faith, but a devil cannot have the Faith of the Son of God. Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The Faith of Christ or of the Son of God is Faith out of Christ, because of His finished work. Faith that believes in Christ and has to so with salvation is a fruit of the Spirit, and that is why it is spiritual and supernatural and why it apprehends spiritual unseen spiritual and supernatural realties,and it's Author in Jesus Christ Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Faith of Christ !

This Faith is only operative as it is influenced and drawn forth by Christ the Author, for recalling Jesus said to His Chosen disciples Jn 15:15

am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

This Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1, it is God's witness or testimony in the conscience of the reality of Truth, but those who are following false religions have turned this Sacred and Spiritual, Heaven born blood bought Grace of God into a matter of their own freewill and it being under their control to do with it as they please, this is gross Sacrilege !

The word is defined as follows:

. the misuse or desecration of anything regarded as sacred or as worthy of extreme respect: to play Mozart's music on a kazoo is sacrilege

2. the act or an instance of taking anything sacred for secular use

Faith of Christ !

Its the same kind of Faith that was given to Abraham, the Father of the Faithful ! Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

God promised to bless and Multiply this Abraham Gen 17:5

2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

We know God was speaking to the regenerated Abraham by what He said to him in vs 1 Gen 17:1

1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

This was not instruction to a unregenerated dead in trespasses and sins sinner. So His offspring that God promised him in vs 2 would also be regenerated. Of course not born regenerated, but that they would be regenerated, as children of promise.

Now, we know that the Faith that Abraham possessed as the Father of the Faithful, was not a Natural Man's Faith. God made he and his wife a promise that was not all possible to believe and trust God for. Lets look at proof of this Gen 18:9-11

9And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.

10And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.

11Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.

Now by natural Faith Sarah did not believe this promise, lets look at her reaction to the Promise of God vs 12

12Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

That was a Laugh of disbelief, or unbelief ! It had ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women vs 11 Meaning she was too old naturally to bear children. Naturally her reproductive years had ceased !

And not only so, but even Abraham, his first reaction was unbelief Gen 17:15-17

15And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

16And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

17Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

Again, unbelief, because it was natural. But God's Promises are not thwarted by the Natural Man's unbelief 2 Tim 2:13

If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

So consequently, if its impossible for God to be unfaithful to His Promises made to anyone, God gives them Faith to believe His Promises.

After God given Faith is given, It is written of Sarah Heb 11:11

11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Now that was not her first reaction, but after God gave her Faith, a Faith that is above the Natural mans ability, She believed God for the promise based upon His Faithfulness.

Same with Abraham, Paul writes of Him Rom 4:19-20

And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Now we know initially Abraham with Natural Faith and reasoning did consider Sarah's womb, for it is recored right here Gen 17:17

All these lessons are important to consider, God has not contradicted Himself, nor scripture, but an lesson is being Illustrated,That Faith to Believe God is a Gift, and not something conjured up by the freewill of man and its at his control. Its a Gift to His Elect Titus 1:1

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

It was a Gift given to Abraham,whom we know was His Chosen, if not read Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

And of course its given as promised to Abraham's seed of descendants Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

This Faith gives God the Glory,not the freewill of Man..

John 6:37,44

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

When one comes to Christ as indicated in the above scriptures, that means that Loved, chosen and Redeemed sinners are being blessed with God given Faith in Christ, to begin their experiential union with Him as their Head and Husband. You see what is going on here is that which was pictured in God bringing the woman to the Man Gen 2:21-25

King James Version (KJV)

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Therefore each redeemed sinner that comes to Christ is being brought to Him by God, because they belonged to that Chosen bride, Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world. And just as Eve was prior to being brought to the Man" IN HIM", So likewise those being drawn or brought to the Son, the Bride Groom, had prior been Chosen in Him, and now they cleave to the Lord their Husband and become experimentally One Flesh. Paul speaks of this Truth in Eph 5: calling it a Great Mystery, after using the language of Adam Eph 5:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

It is impossible for this experiential union not to take place by Faith ! So they shall come to Him, that died for them...

The Just shall live by His Faith !

Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

This is a Sovereign promise of God, describing exactly who it is that is Just in His Eyes, those who shall live by his Faith, and that Faith is the Faith of Jesus Christ as Paul describes Gal 2:16,20

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This is an perfect example of the fulfillment of Hab 2:4 that the Just or Justified before God shall live [ during their physical lifetime] by their Faith !

And this Faith is in Jesus Christ.

Now the Just means the righteous, the Justified. It is the hebrew word tsaddiyq :

just, lawful, righteous

a) just, righteous (in government)

b) just, right (in one's cause)

c) just, righteous (in conduct and character)

d) righteous (as justified and vindicated by God)

e) right, correct, lawful

The vindicated by God, or Justified before God shall live by his Faith !

This is a Gospel Promise that applies to all for whom Christ would die. God preached this Promise of the Gospel to Abraham, for Paul writes Gal 3:8

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Now the Gospel has to do with the work of Christ 1 Cor 15:1-4 and by it, the Gospel of the Work of Christ a righteousness from heaven is revealed and consequently the Just is made to live by Faith, Paul makes it plain Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Simply speaking, all for whom it was, that it can be truly said of 1 Cor 15:3

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

A Righteousness that they have is made known to them through the Gospel, sent to them by God, resulting in the fulfillment of the promise, the Just shall live by Faith. It is because of the obedience of the One Jesus Christ, they have been declared Just or Righteous, notice Rom 5:19b

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Solely by the obedience of Christ, meaning His obedience unto death Phil 2:8, shall many be made righteous. Now this word righteous is the greek word dikaios:

righteous, observing divine laws

a) in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

1) of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

2) innocent, faultless, guiltless

3) used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life

a) only Christ truly

4) approved of or acceptable of God

The same word is also translated in the NT 33 times as the word " Just"

This corresponds to the "Just" spoken of in Hab 2:4

Now, all for whom Christ died [His obedience] shall be made Just or righteous, and the Promise is that the Just shall live by His Faith. Now this promise is quoted by Paul in Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

You see that ? It all fits in together, Those Christ died for are declared Just, and the Gospel reveals to them their righteousness and as a result they live by Faith !

This primarily guarantees that all for whom Christ died shall live by Faith !

JOHN 6:43-46, 65
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,†Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.â€

jesus4life

JOHN 6:43-46, 65
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,†Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.â€

jesus4life

Exactly. And how do we hear the Father? And how are we taught by God? By hearing the Gospel, the Power of God unto salvation.

Exactly. And how do we hear the Father? And how are we taught by God? By hearing the Gospel, the Power of God unto salvation.

:thumbsup:amen
Also, to add to your question: And how do we hear the FATHER and how are we taught by GOD??

HIS love will be written on our hearts as children. Then went HE finally brings us to HIS WORD ( through our parents, church, reading of the WORD, etc..) that will open the love that is in our hearts. Then as believers we will be the ones responsible for the spreading of HIS HOLY WORD through our mouths and through our actions; which should only show our connection to the love of JESUS CHRIST!!

PRAISE JESUS!!

jesus4life

Last edited by a moderator:
It is of Faith so that it can be of Grace ! Rom 4:16

Men believe by means or because of God's Sovereign Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Faith is a Gift of God's Grace ! Eph 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Now Both Grace and Faith are feminine Nouns in both scriptures, thats because Faith comes by Grace.

This Grace which is accompanied by Faith is the Gift of God !

The whole of " Salvation by Grace through Faith " is the Gift of God ! Not of works, not any part of salvation by grace through faith, a result of anything done by man ! It's all of Grace !

Faith is not a product of man's mind or his will, that would be works !

Faith is the Gift, and product of God, working in one by His Power, Spirit and Grace to do of His good pleasure ! Simply put, its part of God's saving grace..

Eph 1:13-14

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

Notice, Paul states that after they heard the word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation, they Trusted and they believed !

Now Paul says after he had heard of this their Faith, their believing, their trusting, and the Love they had for the brethren, that he ceased not to give Thanks [To God] for them.

Thats because Paul knew that their Faith in Christ through the Gospel had been given by God to them !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back