Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Left Behind

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
They weren't bad, I read the first like...four or five when they were first out and really big years ago.

But I got bored with it as I tend to do with long series.

Re: Left Behind FALSE DOCTRINE.

There will be no one 'left behind.'

In the days of Noah it was the wicked that were taken and the saved were covered from the wrath of God in the ark. So to will it be in the days of the coming of the son of man.

None of those books ever discuss believers being saved from tribulation. The notion that Christians will be whisked away and escape any time of trouble is never taught, not once, in scripture.

You should be able to state your case on what you believe and why you believe it anytime you are asked. If you cannot quote exact instances where the Bible speaks of a 'secret rapture' then I would take my advice and examine other teachings that are much more solid than a fictional book..

I'm very much a Christian. I very much believe in Jesus Christ and 'every' word that has proceeded from the mouth of God.

What I am is 'anti-false doctrine' which is what the 'Left Behind' series teaches. No where, and I can confidently say again, 'no where' does the Bible teach that people will be whisked away and miss any kind of trouble on earth.
Of course I do! That has no bearing on whether or not I believe in the tragically false doctrine of the secret rapture.

LEFT BEHIND very much TEACHES FALSE DOCTRINE. Christ will come again A SECOND TIME, not a second and a third time. The Creed says, "He shall come again with glory, to judge the living and the dead, of whose kingdom there is no end" (Creed of 381 AD, 318 fathers). In Erie Scott Harrington:screwloose

Re: Left Behind FALSE DOCTRINE.

LEFT BEHIND very much TEACHES FALSE DOCTRINE. Christ will come again A SECOND TIME, not a second and a third time. The Creed says, "He shall come again with glory, to judge the living and the dead, of whose kingdom there is no end" (Creed of 381 AD, 318 fathers). In Erie Scott Harrington:screwloose
PERF!

Fiction: The class of literature comprising works of imaginative narration, esp. in prose form. In other words, "not true."

Unfortunately you believe that the basis for the fictional stories in the "Left Behind" series are true. Millions upon countless millions of Christians are being led astray from the truth of what is actually happening right now in favor of believing what can only amount to a lie.

Sorry to be so blunt and so direct but it's the truth.

There is no "secret rapture" coming where believers will be whisked away followed by seven years of trouble where in the midst a covenant is signed by the Antichrist with Israel. There is nothing in the Bible that even remotely suggests this scenario. Sorry.

If I were you I would seriously look into teachers that teach the truth about the "second" coming of Jesus and that use the Bible and not fiction good only for making Kurt Cameron movies. Here is a great on-line reference that will hopefully begin to steer you off this path of believing bookstore fiction over the truth of God's word.

Anything but Secret

Friend, While you are right that the resurrection (rapture) of the Christian Church will not be in secret, 7 years before the second coming of Jesus Christ in glory, seen by all peoples of all times, it is wrong in this post to quote from Ellen G. White. While nothing is apparently wrong with what Ms. White said in her statement that you quoted, she is a false prophetess and may have suffered from epilepsy or some other nervous/neurological (biological) condition which made he see false visions with false interpretations of the sacred Scripture. Beware of her teachings then, as Seventh Day Adventism is a cult and no-one needs to keep the Saturday Sabbath of the Jews in order to be saved as a born-again Christian.
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
:pray:clap:waving:)

Anyone here enjoy this series? I love it!

Please don't post if you're going to bash it

I read the Left Behind series and I loved it. I recently bought a new series where there are 3 or 4 books in 1. The first one is titled Rapture's Witness and it includes the books, Left Behind, Tribulation Force and Nicolae. I would recommend the Left Behind series to everyone.

I absolutely devoured the Left Behind Series. I have always had a pull to eschatology and my pastor always taught on the end times (from a pre-trib pov) so when I heard about the books I got my hands on every one. I would read 1 to 2 books a day. The books really encouraged me to study end times on my own instead of just listening to church sermons.

Of course, when I began to study on my own and compare the what the said in Left Behind to the bible I quickly realized they got a lot wrong and some things distrubingly wrong. Like the whole concept that somone can force you to take the mark and yet you will still be saved? That's just dangerous and sends the wrong message.

I eventually became prewrath and although I disagree with the series it was right for me for who I was at the time I read it. Only God draws men unto himself, so some will get what's false about the book and some won't. But I think those who are drawn to end times should read the books....if they are serious they will discover the truth about being Left Behind.

2 cents
Deirdre

Back