Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lets have a little trivia game

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think your right about the Spanish dollar, it was a silver coin, I think and the first used in this country.
gold coin, those can be worth up to 50k or more. a coworker has one in possession they wash ashore from time to time here in florida.

Queen Elizabeth's husband is the great-great- grandson of Queen Victoria.Who is he?

ISn't that Prince Philip

Most everyone knows Roy Rogers horse Triger
Do you know the name of his dog
Dale's horse
the name of the jeep and who drove it...

Since nobody seems to know where the quote is from, I'll tell you. It's from the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was originally released in 1951, but the quote is from the 2008 remake. The following conversation takes place between Klaatu (Keanu Reeves) and Jennifer Connelly (Helen Benson):

Helen Benson: You said you came to save us.
Klaatu: I said I came to save the Earth.
Helen Benson: You came to save the Earth... from us. You came to save the Earth *from* us.
Klaatu: We can't risk the survival of this planet for the sake of one species.
Helen Benson: What are you saying?
Klaatu: If the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the Earth survives. There are only a handful of planets in the cosmos that are capable of supporting complex life...
Helen Benson: You can't do this.
Klaatu: ...this one can't be allowed to perish.
Helen Benson: We can change. We can still turn things around.
Klaatu: We've watched, we've waited and hoped that you *would* change.
Helen Benson: Please...
Klaatu: It's reached the tipping point. We have to act.
Helen Benson: Please..
Klaatu: We'll undo the damage you've done and give the Earth a chance to begin again.
Helen Benson: Don't do this. Please, we can change. We can change.
Klaatu: The decision is made. The process has begun.
Helen Benson: Oh God.

The TOG​

Most everyone knows Roy Rogers horse Triger
Do you know the name of his dog
Dale's horse
the name of the jeep and who drove it...
Not to get too far off topic, but I once rode a horse named Trigger. Very skittish thing. I was riding him at a winter retreat and whenever the sleigh ride would come by the bells would spook him. He bolted and tried to brush me off with the corner of the stable.

My friends called me Roy after that.

Starting in 1497, Spain started coining a "peso" coin which came to be known as the "Spanish dollar". A smaller unit, a "reale" was 1/8 of its value. In some cases the coins were physically subdivided into the smaller units. These smaller units were referred to as "bits", and there were 8 of them in a peso/dollar. This is where the term "pieces of eight" (commonly used in pirate tales) comes from.

Roy's dog was Bullet
Dale's horse was Buttermilk
Jeep was Nelly Belle

Here's some Bible trivia

1. What are the longest names of two people in the Bible that have equal letters in their name. Hint 18 letters
2. What is the shortest name of a person in the Bible
3. What is the longest female name first mentioned in the Bible. Hint nine letters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back