Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What stops God from doing His will ? Are our lacks stronger ,bigger then His will?

I'm not saying anything stops Him from doing His will. I'm saying I don't believe it's His will to physically heal everyone. If it was His will to heal all physical diseases, there would be no children dying of cancer.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

I'm not saying anything stops Him from doing His will. I'm saying I don't believe it's His will to physically heal everyone. If it was His will to heal all physical diseases, there would be no children dying of cancer.

Exactly,
Kinda like the issue of ,why bad things happen to good people?
Death comes to us all regardless.
Some die at birth, never sinned, innocent.
God has a purpose, we might not know now, but we will later.

Mike,
You have so nailed it. I did not expect to see anybody arrive at the correct answer so quickly. From the personal perspective I never pray for healing of my physical self, just growth and for God's use of my Spiritual Self. God is supplying all I, my wife and my daughter need and He will as long as we do not run off on some miserable tear and either fully or partially desert Him.

The thing none wishes to deal with is the absolute truth with God. God is not a small monkey that entertains us when we are down inn the dumps and God is not a Genni in a lamp waiting for a request. God gave over the matters of this world to the control of Adam and Adam gave that control, through the ingestion of the Forbidden Fruit, over to Satan. Except God feels it is required for His will to be accomplished.

In a case like mine, I have already finished the promised three score and ten and yet God is not finished, not just yet, any way. And can be called home any moment now, or I can be here for the next century, it's up to our LORD.

Amen, that is more advanced way to look at "Healing" that I did not want to write pages about.

You got it though.

We are created for "HIS" purpose. His Plan, His Race.

In that race we are promised many years, and help to finish that race.All the disciples died old, and finished their course.

Even doing the will of God, I think we find Healing already working without having to do to much believing for it. There are benfits to obeying God.

So Brother, you finished your race, and cleaning up a few things the Lord still has for you. You have to stick around to get that done, then see you soon enough.

Even Paul when saved from the ship crashing was told................ You must needs to speak to Ceaser.

Paul is saved, not because of faith, or saved because Paul prayed and believed. Paul is saved because God has to have him speak to Ceasear.

Nothing wrong with having faith and knowing you are healed, but All of the promises are tied into the plan of God for you itself.

There is no healing so you don't hurt when you watch TV all day and eat potato chips.

Exactly,
Kinda like the issue of ,why bad things happen to good people?
Death comes to us all regardless.
Some die at birth, never sinned, innocent.
God has a purpose, we might not know now, but we will later.

Scripture says we are not to be ignorant of his will. Nobody is innocent, nobody is good but one.

I was serving God when my son was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Stood and believed, not moving for 8 days, but on the 8th day they tell me He would be dead that night or best next morning. Nothing was stopping this cancer, they tried everything.

The flood comes for those who have no foundation in the Word, the Flood comes for those with foundation in the Word.

The flood comes.

Those who believe the Word, Jesus said the flood did not even shake that mans house. Not a scratch.

It's written, the Child is santified by the believig parent. There is a reason children die of cancer. It's not God. We need to learn to take responsibility as believers.

God said choose life, choose blessing that your seed may live.

What if you don't choose blessing? What if you choose that the cancer just might kill your child? Is that God's fault?

Yes Gary i agree with ya.. . :)

cowboy-shaking-head-no.gif
I see Gary has not been healed of that Parkinson's shake yet.

It's written, the Child is santified by the believig parent. There is a reason children die of cancer. It's not God. We need to learn to take responsibility as believers.

God said choose life, choose blessing that your seed may live.

What if you don't choose blessing? What if you choose that the cancer just might kill your child? Is that God's fault?

Would you mind stating that reason?

IN his time.

He Hath blessed us with all spiritual blessing in Heavenly places.
He Hath given us all things that pertain to life.
By his stripes we are healed.

Jesus said, when you pray, believe that your recieve, then you shall have it.

You can't believe for something that you have if it's not already done and there.

Would you mind stating that reason?

1Co 7:14 amp For the unbelieving husband is set apart (separated, withdrawn from heathen contamination, and affiliated with the Christian people) by union with his consecrated (set-apart) wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart and separated through union with her consecrated husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean (unblessed heathen, outside the Christian covenant), but as it is they are prepared for God [pure and clean].

Eph 2:12 kjva That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Children.
Without God, folks have no hope IN THIS WORLD. No covanent with God, No hope.

Children are not responsible before God to believe on the promises, or keep Satan away. They are Children and not accountable, nor given authority. The Child is under the covenant that the parent shares with God.

If the Parent is full of unbelief, the child is also in trouble.

Deu 30:19 kjva I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

God said if you choose life, Choose to be blessed, your seed then lives (Children)

Hos 4:6 kjva My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

The Childs protection comes from the obedient and beliving parent. What the Parent believes is going to be the outcome for that child.

I have amazing testimonies of Children being protected, and unfortunatly I have some sad stories about Children not making it. All hinged on the parent the covenant they shared with God.

To say that God heals some and not others, means that He values some over others. The Bible says that God treats everyone the same (God is not a respector of persons) there is no jew nor greek, etc....
God's plan and will is different for each individual.Just because he heals Jimmy does not mean that Jill will be healed.God does not have favorites.

I think He wills to heal some and not others. I will show mercy to whom I will show mercy...

...and there's other issues at work, too. Like, I've been healed of a lot of things caused both by my own past sins and the sins of others. 2 years into being Born Again, I'm physically healthy and remarkably normal. Even my hair grew back, even though I'd scarred my follicles (that form of hair loss is always permanent). My friends' husband, Ronnie, he died of cancer while a lot of God's work in my life was underway. I felt terrible. But my friend, his widow, reminded me that we have a certain number of years on this earth, and then its over. Life is a vapor. Plus, it seems that Ronnie had issues that were popping up besides the initial cancer. Even the if the cancer hadn't taken his life, the developing issues would probably have seriously reduced his quality of life over the rest of his life.

Also, I've read--not in Scripture, mind you...I think CS Lewish (as usual, lol)--that the stuff I've experienced happens a good bit to those who are recently Born Again. We get cleaned up, inside and out, more often than one might expect. And...sometimes, death isn't the worst thing. Scratch that. It generally isn't the worst thing, at least for the believer. Death=full healing on the other side. Cold comfot to a lot of people, but its true.

There's also the ever mysterious issue of God's Will. Does He always will to heal? Paul had some sort of thorn in the flesh that afflicted him until he died. Then again...Tabitha was brought back from the dead. The disabled were made to walk. The blind were made to see. But not all of them.

I dunno...just thinking/writing out loud, because I've been pondering this one, too. I do think healing is for today, for obvious reasons, but it doesn't always happen, and I don't think it indicates a lack of faith or uncofessed sin or anything like that. And healing itself is complicated, as it plays out in real life. For instance, I'm physically healthy and normal and surprisingly smart enough to pursue my goals (I used to be sickly and obviously brain damaged). I also have severe Bipolar I w/psychotic features, which more than likely means long term, possibly indefinite, psychiatric treatment. What's God doing there? I dunno. I'm more mentally ill now than I was before...I'm also smarter and healthier.

I think God does want us to call on Him for all our needs, including healing, but...why are some healed and not others? I dunno. God can look into the future; we can't. God sees to the very core of people and our situations. We tend to see only the surface. Also, sometimes I think God wants to heal through us, and not just through docs. Even if somebody dies, other Christians can help them and their loved ones, through hospice and just getting involved. That can be healing for both the deceased and those around them.

Again, just thinking+writing out loud.

My brother died at 40 years old.A wonderful Christian man who had two boys in high school.His death was instant.He had Hodgkins for 7 years.When they did an autopsy there was no cancer in his body at all.Why?God has a time for everyone to die.God's understanding is beyond our own understanding.We have to have faith and trust.I do not think He heals others because He has more mercy for them or that they have done something right.It is just the way God works.Some people can pray continuously and not be healed because that is God's Will.

God's plan and will is different for each individual.Just because he heals Jimmy does not mean that Jill will be healed.God does not have favorites.

God is not a respecter of persons either, and being the seed of Abraham, we are already healed.

I think He wills to heal some and not others. I will show mercy to whom I will show mercy...

...and there's other issues at work, too. Like, I've been healed of a lot of things caused both by my own past sins and the sins of others. 2 years into being Born Again, I'm physically healthy and remarkably normal. Even my hair grew back, even though I'd scarred my follicles (that form of hair loss is always permanent). My friends' husband, Ronnie, he died of cancer while a lot of God's work in my life was underway. I felt terrible. But my friend, his widow, reminded me that we have a certain number of years on this earth, and then its over. Life is a vapor. Plus, it seems that Ronnie had issues that were popping up besides the initial cancer. Even the if the cancer hadn't taken his life, the developing issues would probably have seriously reduced his quality of life over the rest of his life.

Also, I've read--not in Scripture, mind you...I think CS Lewish (as usual, lol)--that the stuff I've experienced happens a good bit to those who are recently Born Again. We get cleaned up, inside and out, more often than one might expect. And...sometimes, death isn't the worst thing. Scratch that. It generally isn't the worst thing, at least for the believer. Death=full healing on the other side. Cold comfot to a lot of people, but its true.

There's also the ever mysterious issue of God's Will. Does He always will to heal? Paul had some sort of thorn in the flesh that afflicted him until he died. Then again...Tabitha was brought back from the dead. The disabled were made to walk. The blind were made to see. But not all of them.

I dunno...just thinking/writing out loud, because I've been pondering this one, too. I do think healing is for today, for obvious reasons, but it doesn't always happen, and I don't think it indicates a lack of faith or uncofessed sin or anything like that. And healing itself is complicated, as it plays out in real life. For instance, I'm physically healthy and normal and surprisingly smart enough to pursue my goals (I used to be sickly and obviously brain damaged). I also have severe Bipolar I w/psychotic features, which more than likely means long term, possibly indefinite, psychiatric treatment. What's God doing there? I dunno. I'm more mentally ill now than I was before...I'm also smarter and healthier.

I think God does want us to call on Him for all our needs, including healing, but...why are some healed and not others? I dunno. God can look into the future; we can't. God sees to the very core of people and our situations. We tend to see only the surface. Also, sometimes I think God wants to heal through us, and not just through docs. Even if somebody dies, other Christians can help them and their loved ones, through hospice and just getting involved. That can be healing for both the deceased and those around them.

Again, just thinking+writing out loud.

I would go back and read again about God saying he will show mercy on Whom He will show Mercy, and again about Paul dying of that thorn.

You got some things a bit jumbled. Besides, God has done awesome things for you, why would you make God out to be someone that would not respond to others that needed his power and help also? That's for folks that don't know God, and I know God helped you, He will help others, right?

Back