Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Major dreads of young people

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That dumb old saying" youth is wasted on the young" I find to be more true as the years go by..... If I could go back I would be a kid longer I would not try and grow up so fast...

Be a kid enjoy soccer! Be silly delight in the breeze over meadow. The joy of ice cream. The comfort of the fences your parents have built for your protection .... Ride your bike down the hill with no hands!

That dumb old saying" youth is wasted on the young" I find to be more true as the years go by..... If I could go back I would be a kid longer I would not try and grow up so fast...

Be a kid enjoy soccer! Be silly delight in the breeze over meadow. The joy of ice cream. The comfort of the fences your parents have built for your protection .... Ride your bike down the hill with no hands!
I've been thinking about that a lot lately. The older you get, the faster time seems to fly by. It should be the opposite. When you're a child, and you're bored, with little to no control over how you can get access to entertainment, that's when it should go by fast. When you're a child, and old age seems like an infinite distance away, and you haven't reached a reasonable level of appreciation for things but instead take so much for granted, that's when it should go by fast. When you're older and retired, and have accumulated a descent amount of wisdom, and have hopefully made all of the bad major decisions that you are ever going to make, that's when time should go by slowly. But, our circumstance is that it just doesn't work that way. :sad

We definitely are far more materialistic today than even a few decades ago.

Example?:):wave
I'll give you one for starters.

Just comparing my life today to my life during the 1970's before I left home as an adult.

The average size of a new home in the US in 1975 was about 1645 square feet.
The average size of a new home today is about 2392 square feet.
That's an increase of 45%.

That alone is significant enough but now consider this.
The average family size in 1975 was 2.6 persons.
The average family size today is 2.1 persons.
A decrease of 20%.

Why do we need so much more space? And then we complain about heating costs!

I was one of seven children. We lived in a 12' x 65' trailer house with a tip out living room and a 9' x 16' addition.
Total living space was 975 square feet. We never felt crowded.
Today we raised two children in an old 1800 square foot home. That's double the size home I grew up in and yet it is still small by today's standards.

Classik if you life 100 years ago this would read the
same

Yes; however today easy access to a more abundant supply of unrighteousness is overwhelming to say the least....the internet alone gives us freedom from the convenience at home to distribute, sell, purchase and utilize all kinds of unwholesome products and services.

The internet alone makes it possible to perform perversions without guilt or shame due to privacy and behind closed doors practices.

"One click and you can gamble, watch lewd material, buy idols, participate in degradation and pagan rituals."

"To rid ourselves of this unrighteousness is an uphill battle, but it is well worth the effort and wise."

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My cousins iowa had four friends commit suicide in the six years after they graduated high school. They were not trouble makers. They were country boys with parents who were involved in the community and they were all (the boys I mean) well loved good friends from the same large circle of friends.

And all of this while another boy from their circle of friends was fighting for his life to survive cancer. He eventually lost the battle and how sad that those four friends of his were taking their lives while he was fighting for his.

It seems like most reasons kids commit suicide have been around for a loooong time. Pressure to perform to certain standards and not feeling loved or accepted seem to be the most prominent. Bullying seems to have become more common I guess, as more and more kids grow up in broken or abusive homes.

What doesn't help is putting them on prescription drugs with warnings on them about causing mood swings, anger, violent behavior, suicidal thoughts and even homicidal thoughts.

If they ever change it to "may cause homicidal actions" I wonder if people will stop giving them to their kids.

The

My cousins iowa had four friends commit suicide in the six years after they graduated high school. They were not trouble makers. They were country boys with parents who were involved in the community and they were all (the boys I mean) well loved good friends from the same large circle of friends.

And all of this while another boy from their circle of friends was fighting for his life to survive cancer. He eventually lost the battle and how sad that those four friends of his were taking their lives while he was fighting for his.

It seems like most reasons kids commit suicide have been around for a loooong time. Pressure to perform to certain standards and not feeling loved or accepted seem to be the most prominent. Bullying seems to have become more common I guess, as more and more kids grow up in broken or abusive homes.

What doesn't help is putting them on prescription drugs with warnings on them about causing mood swings, anger, violent behavior, suicidal thoughts and even homicidal thoughts.

If they ever change it to "may cause homicidal actions" I wonder if people will stop giving them to their kids.

The

Kaileymarie:

So sorry about this series of very sad incidents.

Another thing that is important is that if the person is already on prescibed medication, and then s/he feels okay and thinks the meds are supposedly not necessary any more, just stopping taking them arbitrarily without medical supervision can also itself unwittingly cause mood and pharmacological reactions that are hazardous. (It often happens this way, unfortunately.)

Blessings.

I would say that society is far more materialistic.teens will seldom talk to each other at times and yet they will text each other and do that when they could talk in person since they are in the same room

I bought my mom a car after she lost hers due to some financial problems that have plagued us the last few months. I helped her out because she needed it. Things like this happen every day. People help each other, but a lot of people around here like to run around telling each other about how the world sucks. Yes, it can.

I think the big difference, is that I have tried so hard to see the good in things that when bad things happen, it stinks but I do my best to not dwell on it. In the last year I have had to move, move my grandfather to 2 different locations. dealt with my Cat going blind, changing jobs, quiting said job because of harrasment and threats of violence, lost my grandma to cancer, gotten screwed over by my school, watched my mom loose her job and get sent on a wild goose chase, then move home. Watch her car get reposessed, etc.

I haven't had a good year. You know what, I've then decided to put my time in working on things. I left here for a week to get some things done in my life. I've seen things improve already. I stopped in here today and realized how pathetic some people come off here sometimes.

People, either get up and do something, or realize, that posting on a message board, doesn't change anything. Complaining to a circle of people that have rules in place to make different opinion hard to express, is not helping anything.

You don't like how much sin is in the world? Go out there and make a difference. Don't like a certain political opinion. Research your point, and then go out and gather support or make actual changes in your community.

You see a poor person on the street, help them or tell them where they can get help. Donate to services, volunteer, give money, give time, etc.

If as many people did something, as complained, there wouldn't be a problem

But I'm guessing I'm talking about adult problems.

I had a roommate that killed himself in my apartment, in 2004. I really didn't know him well, he knew our neighbors though. He was kicked out of neighbors, so we offered him a place to stay. A few weeks later, dead. He was 19.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is sad. Do you think young people feel their life has no purpose? Or are they losing hope? or something else?

@Vaccine I think if young people start turning to God earlier in their lives and trust in him, the outcome would be positive. My advice is don't look upon the hero's of this world, because they are all trash. Rather, find a good church to be a part of. That's where the real hero's are, men and women who fight for righteousness every day, who pour out their love for others. Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back