Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

McCarthy Announces Impeachment Inquiry

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The final paragraphs in the article cite above are kinda sad...

"One should not assume that Fox News and its guests will now transition into skepticism about Shokin’s claims. They are too heavily invested in the idea that Biden’s withholding of a loan guarantee as an American manifestation of the international effort was, instead, proof-positive of Biden’s corruption...

...This is the problem with the narrative constructed by right-wing elites and media: it’s too far down the path for all of them to admit that they were wrong. They just now have to figure out how they were right in some other way.

Luckily for them, they’re very practiced at such transitions.
"

He's got his back to the wall. If he doesn't engineer an impeachment inquiry somehow, he'll lose his job. And it appears that an inquiry would not get a majority of votes, even in a republican-dominated house. But if he doesn't do something, there's enough extremists to remove him from the speakership. He's sold his soul to them.
Hi Barbarian

Yes, I agree. This entire charade is to placate a certain group of the GOP that has threatened to go ahead and let the government shut down if an impeachment enquiry isn't opened. Yes, Rep. McCarthy sold his soul to the hard right wing of the house, in order to win the place at the head of the table. Now we're going to see if his efforts provided enough placating to not shut the government down.

God bless,
Ted

This would be funny if it wasn't such a waste of taxpayers' dollars. Kicking off the impeachment inquiry, Rep. Smith (R) gets all upset when a reporter points out that one of the main items Republicans keep pointing to is from when Joe Biden was a private citizen.

Nobles: “Can you explain the timing of the Aug. 6 WhatsApp message? Why is that evidence of some wrongdoing?”

Smith: “I’m not an expert on the timeline. I would love to have, um, President Biden and his family to tell us about all the timeline.”

Nobles : “But if he's not the president or the vice president at that time, where’s the wrongdoing? He wasn’t even a candidate for president at that time.”

Smith: “He was a candidate.”

Nobles : “On Aug. 6 of 2017?”

Smith: “So apparently, apparently … what source are you with?”

Nobles: “I’m with NBC.”

Smith: “So apparently, you’ll never believe us.”

Nobles: “I’m not saying I don’t believe you. I’m asking you a very direct question. You presented a piece of evidence that you say came on Aug. 6 2017, that demonstrates that Joe Biden was using political influence to help his son.”

Smith: “What’s that?”

Nobles: “The WhatsApp message you put up. How does that demonstrate that there was some sort of political influence put over him if at that time he wasn’t a political figure, he’s not an elected official?”

Smith: “I’m definitely not going to pinpoint one item.”

Nobles: “You presented it. It was your first thing that you brought.”

Smith: “So, apparently you don’t agree with it.”

Nobles: “It’s not that I don’t agree with it. I’m asking you to explain it.”

Smith: “I’ll take the next question.”

Way to go AOC! So, the GOP called three witnesses and every one of them testified that they have no evidence to present that implicates the sitting president in any kind of illegal or immoral activity.

God bless,
Ted

“You got your butts kicked by AOC! You got your butts handed to you by the Democrats. You had your opportunity to make your case, and I’m still waiting for it.”

What does he want them to do? Wave a magic wand and produce evidence? Some things just aren't going to happen, no matter how hard you want to believe that they will.

The stupidity was in going forward with the hearings when they knew (or should have known) that the witnesses were going to shoot down their plans. They pretty much bent over and grabbed their ankles and are now complaining that AOC took a switch to them.

“You got your butts kicked by AOC! You got your butts handed to you by the Democrats. You had your opportunity to make your case, and I’m still waiting for it.”

What does he want them to do? Wave a magic wand and produce evidence? Some things just aren't going to happen, no matter how hard you want to believe that they will.

The stupidity was in going forward with the hearings when they knew (or should have known) that the witnesses were going to shoot down their plans. They pretty much bent over and grabbed their ankles and are now complaining that AOC took a switch to them.
True, but since their primary objective was to get "Biden impeachment" into the news cycle, some of them may still consider it a success. Most people who follow politics closely have already decided who they're going to vote for and aren't going to change their minds. But the Republicans figure people who don't follow politics and remain undecided on their vote will see "Biden impeachment" in the headlines and at least some of them might be less likely to vote for Biden in 2024.

It's kind of like voting suppression efforts....you don't have to stop all the people in the group you target from voting, you just need to keep enough of them home to change the results.

Matt Gaetz has a brief fit of integrity...
WASHINGTON — Days before Rep. led an effort to oust as House speaker, Gaetz and Rep. , a fellow Freedom Caucus member, denounced as a political stunt Republicans’ high-stakes effort to impeach President
, according to a video obtained by NBC News.

At an invitation-only fundraiser held over Zoom last week, Gaetz, R-Fla., and Rosendale, who is said to be plotting another Senate run next year, heaped skepticism on the probe.

“I don’t believe that we are endeavoring upon a legitimate impeachment of Joe Biden,” Gaetz told Steve Bannon, a podcaster and onetime political adviser to former President Donald Trump, who was moderating the discussion.

“They’re trying to engage in a, like, ‘forever war’ of impeachment,” Gaetz said. “And like many of our forever wars, it will drag on forever and end in a bloody draw.”

Once again, Republicans desperately try to gin up something....anything.....only to have it all fall apart.

Special counsel in the Hunter Biden case insists he was the ‘decision-maker’ in rare testimony

WASHINGTON (AP) — The prosecutor overseeing the Hunter Biden investigation testified Tuesday that he had the ultimate authority in the yearslong case as he made an unprecedented appearance before Congress to rebut Republicans’ explosive claims that the probe has been plagued with interference...

...In his opening statement, Weiss told lawmakers he would not answer questions that could jeopardize the investigation and would only talk about the scope of his authority. “I am, and have been, the decision-maker on this case,” he told lawmakers. “I do not, however, make these decisions in a vacuum.”

He acknowledged being required to follow Justice Department guidelines and processes as well as federal law as he carries out his investigation. But those requirements “did not interfere with my decision-making authority,” he said.

No one at the Justice Department, including U.S. attorneys or the tax division, blocked or prevented him from pursuing charges or taking other necessary steps in the investigation, Weiss said.

Ahhhhhh, the ways of man's politics. "What shall we do?" said the spider to the fly, "if the whole world is crashing in about us?"

God bless,
Ted

Well, this pretty much gives the game away....

Hunter Biden asks to testify publicly. House Republicans scurry away in a panic

"Hunter Biden has reacted to a Republican subpoena by offering to testify in person before the House Oversight Committee that’s supposedly looking into allegations of misconduct by President Joe Biden and members of his family. It’s a direct challenge to Republican committee Chair James Comer and to the GOP’s ongoing efforts to create an excuse to impeach the president.

Hunter Biden’s testimony could be one of the greatest “put up or shut up” moments of the century.
Except it’s not going to happen. It’s not happening because the offer to testify in public and answer any question that Republicans wanted to ask was met with a refusal from Comer. The last thing the House Oversight chair wants in his committee is the truth."

This would be pretty darned funny if it weren't so blatantly corrupt. I agree with Rep. Raskin, who wrote...

"Let me get this straight. After wailing and moaning for ten months about Hunter Biden and alluding to some vast unproven family conspiracy, after sending Hunter Biden a subpoena to appear and testify, Chairman Comer and the Oversight Republicans now reject his offer to appear before the full Committee and the eyes of the world and to answer any questions that they pose? What an epic humiliation for our colleagues and what a frank confession that they are simply not interested in the facts and have no confidence in their own case or the ability of their own Members to pursue it. After the miserable failure of their impeachment hearing in September, Chairman Comer has now apparently decided to avoid all Committee hearings where the public can actually see for itself the logical, rhetorical and factual contortions they have tied themselves up in. "

As the House GOP preps to hold an impeachment inquiry vote (with Speaker Johnson having already admitted that there was no evidence to support doing so), Rep. Comer today tried yet again to turn ordinary inter-family transactions (conducted when Joe Biden wasn't in any office) into something nefarious.

Comer mischaracterizes Hunter Biden car payment reimbursement to his dad

In an email to reporters, a spokesperson for Comer claimed that the House Oversight Committee, which is investigating Biden, had obtained bank records revealing that Hunter Biden’s law firm, Owasco PC, which had received payments from Chinese-state-linked companies and other foreign companies in the past, made direct monthly payments to Joe Biden. The email claimed the payments “are part of a pattern revealing Joe Biden knew about, participated in and benefited from his family’s influence peddling schemes.”

The three payments of $1,380 that occurred in September, October and November of 2018 — nearly two years after Biden had left the vice presidency — were actually for a 2018 Ford Raptor truck Joe Biden had purchased that Hunter Biden was using, according to an email verified by a Washington Post forensic analysis.

“There Chairman Comer goes again - reheating what is old as new to try to revive his sham of an investigation,” Hunter Biden’s attorney Abbe Lowell said in a statement. “The truth is Hunter’s father helped him when he was struggling financially due to his addiction and could not secure credit to finance a truck. When Hunter was able to, he paid his father back and took over the payments himself.”

Joe Biden signed for the truck and had it in his name — at a time when Hunter was in the depths of addiction, had a low credit score and couldn’t make the purchase himself, according to a person close to the Bidens, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a private matter. The truck was used only for a limited time, going back to the dealer about a year after the purchase.

Other expenses listed in the email verified by The Post included payments for health insurance, college and high school tuition for Hunter Biden’s children, the Yale Club and a storage unit.

Rep. Troy Nehls, R-Texas says the quiet part out loud. Whoops.

"For what it’s worth, Rep. Troy Nehls, R-Texas, one of Trump’s most vocal supporters in the House, has not shied away from pushing for Biden’s impeachment in part to play politics.

If Trump, who has been impeached twice, is the 2024 Republican nominee, Nehls said he wants to give Trump “a little bit of ammo to fire back” and say Biden has also been impeached."

Hi all,

What I find utterly amazing is that Rep. Comer actually believes that there is a universe in which the VP or the most powerful nation on the planet would sell whatever it is that Rep. Comer thinks VP Biden was selling, for three monthly payments of only $1,380.00. I mean this sounds like the sales gimmicks on Amazon. Buy now for $75.00 or get our Amazon Synchrony bank CC and pay only 3 easy payments of $25.00 each.

I tell you, if it weren't so terribly serious, the consequences of these lawmaker's activities, it would be something you might read in the script of Night Court or something. A gag line for SNL! This just in, evidence has been unearthed that the VP of the United States sold 50 gazillion dollars of weapons and supplies to N. Korea and he made out like a bandit. Three easy payments of only $1,380.00/month. LOL!!!

Three years of searching and seeking and turning over every rock they can get their hands on and...nothing. I mean, there is yet not one single piece of evidence that has been brought out as supposedly implicating Pres. Biden in some illegal and criminal activity. Three years!!! Three years!!!! And now, after those three years, they've finally found that VP Biden sold out his country for three easy payments of only $1,380.00.

Oh,...oh, this just in. The $1,380.00 payments were apparently just payments of an auto loan that VP Biden secured for his son Hunter Biden, at a time when Hunter was in pretty bad shape. I'm a dad. I'd do that for my son. In fact, I did buy, up front, two cars for two of my sons and then worked out a monthly payment arrangement to pay me back. I didn't charge them any interest, but they paid back the principle.

Three years. This is it! This is what three years and millions of dollars will get you if you support the GOP agenda. Have fun folks.

God bless,
Ted

What I find utterly amazing is that Rep. Comer actually believes that there is a universe in which the VP or the most powerful nation on the planet would sell whatever it is that Rep. Comer thinks VP Biden was selling, for three monthly payments of only $1,380.00. I mean this sounds like the sales gimmicks on Amazon. Buy now for $75.00 or get our Amazon Synchrony bank CC and pay only 3 easy payments of $25.00 each.
Not only that, but the transfers occurred when Joe Biden was a private citizen.

I tell you, if it weren't so terribly serious, the consequences of these lawmaker's activities, it would be something you might read in the script of Night Court or something. A gag line for SNL! This just in, evidence has been unearthed that the VP of the United States sold 50 gazillion dollars of weapons and supplies to N. Korea and he made out like a bandit. Three easy payments of only $1,380.00/month. LOL!!!

Three years of searching and seeking and turning over every rock they can get their hands on and...nothing. I mean, there is yet not one single piece of evidence that has been brought out as supposedly implicating Pres. Biden in some illegal and criminal activity. Three years!!! Three years!!!! And now, after those three years, they've finally found that VP Biden sold out his country for three easy payments of only $1,380.00.

Oh,...oh, this just in. The $1,380.00 payments were apparently just payments of an auto loan that VP Biden secured for his son Hunter Biden, at a time when Hunter was in pretty bad shape. I'm a dad. I'd do that for my son. In fact, I did buy, up front, two cars for two of my sons and then worked out a monthly payment arrangement to pay me back. I didn't charge them any interest, but they paid back the principle.

Three years. This is it! This is what three years and millions of dollars will get you if you support the GOP agenda. Have fun folks.

God bless,
Ted
The only good thing is, as shown above, some Republicans have given the game away already. They have no interest in truth, and instead just want to get "Biden impeachment" into the news cycle and give Trump "ammo" to use against Biden in debates and ads.

The other thing related to this that I didn't post today was Hunter Biden's lawyer explaining why Hunter will only testify in a public hearing. He said it's because Republicans (Comer and Jordan) have already shown that they will completely lie about testimony taken behind closed doors (e.g., Devon Archer's), so why would Hunter allow them to do that to him?

The other thing related to this that I didn't post today was Hunter Biden's lawyer explaining why Hunter will only testify in a public hearing. He said it's because Republicans (Comer and Jordan) have already shown that they will completely lie about testimony taken behind closed doors (e.g., Devon Archer's), so why would Hunter allow them to do that to him?
Hey Uncle J

I support that line of thought completely. The problem for the GOP is that every time they do these things publicly, they wind up with egg on their face. They lose that ability to 'spin' to their unwise followers. Yes, I think it should tell loads when Hunter agreed to the deposition, but only if held publicly. Why would Rep. Comer balk at that? What is it that he expects would come out differently if the testimony was given in closed door vs. public hearing?

God bless,
Ted

Back