Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

McCarthy Announces Impeachment Inquiry

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I support that line of thought completely. The problem for the GOP is that every time they do these things publicly, they wind up with egg on their face. They lose that ability to 'spin' to their unwise followers.
The problem is, conservative media usually covers the lies, but doesn't cover the corrections once the transcripts come out. So conservatives who only rely on conservative media for their news continue on oblivious to reality.

I always try and keep in mind what the Dominion v. Fox News suit revealed, i.e., that they deliberately lie to their audience because they know if they don't, the audience will switch to another conservative outlet.

Yes, I think it should tell loads when Hunter agreed to the deposition, but only if held publicly. Why would Rep. Comer balk at that? What is it that he expects would come out differently if the testimony was given in closed door vs. public hearing?
If it's behind closed doors, Comer can lie about what was said and the truth won't come out for a few days. By then, Comer's lie will have already spread in the right-wing alternate universe.

Can't do that if the testimony is public obviously. I think the line Comer is currently using is that a public hearing will result in too much grandstanding from Reps.....as if that's ever been an issue for House R's. :rolleyes

Whoops....

The Republican case against Biden takes a body blow … from Fox News

Fox News host B. Kilmeade had former Ukrainian President Poroshenko on and asked him about the claim that then VP Joe Biden fired the Ukrainian prosecutor to protect Burisma and Hunter Biden. Poroshenko's answer....

"Second, there is no one single word of truth."

That prompted Kilmeade to say....

"“Okay, so that is not true,” Kilmeade continued. “He didn’t get fired because of Joe Biden.” Poroshenko confirmed that he did not, saying that Shokin was fired “for his own statement.

Again....whoops. :lol

Here are the words from Joe Biden himself, bragging that he threatened to withhold 1 Billion Dollars in “aide” if the prosecutor who was investigating his son wasn’t fired.

Here are the words from Joe Biden himself, bragging that he threatened to withhold 1 Billion Dollars in “aide” if the prosecutor who was investigating his son wasn’t fired.

This old thing? Dude, try and keep up....it was debunked years ago. Where to even start?

The main point is that VP Biden was implementing the US Government's foreign policy in working to clean up corruption in Ukraine so they could eventually join the EU.

Even Republican Senators were calling for the Ukrainian prosecutor's ouster.

So did the International Monetary Fund.

So were many European countries.

Oh, and the main reason they all were on the same page about ousting him was because he wasn't investigating corruption.

So overall, I honestly don't understand why the right keeps pushing this specific, and rather ridiculous, story. It's waaaaaay too easy to debunk with only a tiny bit of fact-checking, and will only appeal to people who don't follow political news and mostly just read headlines (IOW, the politically ignorant).

This old thing? Dude, try and keep up....it was debunked years ago. Where to even start?

The main point is that VP Biden was implementing the US Government's foreign policy in working to clean up corruption in Ukraine so they could eventually join the EU.

Even Republican Senators were calling for the Ukrainian prosecutor's ouster.

So did the International Monetary Fund.

So were many European countries.

Oh, and the main reason they all were on the same page about ousting him was because he wasn't investigating corruption.

So overall, I honestly don't understand why the right keeps pushing this specific, and rather ridiculous, story. It's waaaaaay too easy to debunk with only a tiny bit of fact-checking, and will only appeal to people who don't follow political news and mostly just read headlines (IOW, the politically ignorant).

As we all see, it was Joe Biden speaking and bragging about getting the prosecutor fired.

Undeniable.

As we all see, it was Joe Biden speaking and bragging about getting the prosecutor fired.

Undeniable.
Well yeah, because that's what the US Government (including Republicans) wanted, the IMF wanted, and Europe wanted. You saw all that from my post, right?

The scandal would've been if Biden did the opposite of what everyone wanted and protected a corrupt official.

Well yeah, because that's what the US Government (including Republicans) wanted, the IMF wanted, and Europe wanted. You saw all that from my post, right?

The scandal would've been if Biden did the opposite of what everyone wanted and protected a corrupt official.

JOE BIDEN should and will be impeached over his corrupt dealings with Ukraine, China and Russia.

Hi JLB

I'm guessing you think this is some new revelation. Pres. Biden and just about everyone who was in the administration during that time, he was VP Biden of course then, wanted the Ukrainian prosecutor dismissed. Yes, VP Biden did express, at least a couple of times, that they'd like to see him replaced. He was. It was nothing more than two countries speaking frankly about someone that some saw as a problem. The word was that the prosecutor was on the take and not investigating some of the big money politicians in Ukraine. For another side of the issue, you can read this:

However, that article is about 3 years old so I'm not sure how 'revelatory' your pronouncement here really is. DUH!

But you're free to believe whatever sounds true to you. Oh, and no, Pres. Biden will not be impeached successfully. Yes, those idiot GOPers might, and that's still a really tough sell, might be able to convince enough of their ilk to support an impeachment hearing, but it's all going to be for naught and they know it. That's why they can't get most GOP members to vote for impeachment. As of yet there is not one single shred of reliable evidence that VP Biden or ordinary citizen Biden or Pres. Biden has ever done anything within his duties to warrant impeachment. But I get it. It makes lots of noise and gives you boys something to rally around while you dance the maypole dance with a confederate flag. You know, the one that represents a warring faction of the United States that lost almost 150 years ago. Talk about never able to move on.

However, money transfers from one country to another often have strings attached. And would have been no problem for Grump to do, except that his request was that they find evidence of corruption within the Biden structure and there just isn't anything there. So basically, Ukraine understood that what Grump was doing was just telling them that they weren't getting the money. They knew that there was or wasn't any corruption within the Biden group and their dealings with the Ukranian government.

The only reason that the GOP MAGAites think that the Biden's were involved in corruption is because Grump says they were. They haven't produced a shred of evidence except for this guy that keeps saying, "Oh, the corruption...the corruption was very bad. Worse than it's ever been done before. Corruption like nobody has ever seen. Everyone around me keeps asking me, 'what are you going to do with those corrupt Bidens? Oh, so much corruption. We have mountains of evidence that there was so much corruption. Corruption on a scale like the world has never seen!"

Yea, right. Sadly, there are still idiots out there that think somebody's going to turn over a rock and out will come some mountain of evidence...they don't actually have a mountain of evidence. They actually have nothing! Nada! Zip? Just like all the stacks and stacks of affidavits that they had as evidence for election issues...Nothing! Nada! Zip! I honestly don't understand why anyone can't see that Grump lies about everything. EVERYTHING!!!!!

He lies about how he's going to hire the best and brightest. I don't think he hired anyone that he's still on speaking terms with. You know why? Because all of them have already figured out that the man is not only a liar, but that he'll throw anyone under the bus that might save his backside. Look, you gotta go with what you believe to be the truth.

God bless,
Ted

Hi JLB

I'm guessing you think this is some new revelation. Pres. Biden and just about everyone who was in the administration during that time, he was VP Biden of course then, wanted the Ukrainian prosecutor dismissed. Yes, VP Biden did express, at least a couple of times, that they'd like to see him replaced. He was. It was nothing more than two countries speaking frankly about someone that some saw as a problem. The word was that the prosecutor was on the take and not investigating some of the big money politicians in Ukraine. For another side of the issue, you can read this:

However, that article is about 3 years old so I'm not sure how 'revelatory' your pronouncement here really is. DUH!

But you're free to believe whatever sounds true to you. Oh, and no, Pres. Biden will not be impeached successfully. Yes, those idiot GOPers might, and that's still a really tough sell, might be able to convince enough of their ilk to support an impeachment hearing, but it's all going to be for naught and they know it. That's why they can't get most GOP members to vote for impeachment. As of yet there is not one single shred of reliable evidence that VP Biden or ordinary citizen Biden or Pres. Biden has ever done anything within his duties to warrant impeachment. But I get it. It makes lots of noise and gives you boys something to rally around while you dance the maypole dance with a confederate flag. You know, the one that represents a warring faction of the United States that lost almost 150 years ago. Talk about never able to move on.

However, money transfers from one country to another often have strings attached. And would have been no problem for Grump to do, except that his request was that they find evidence of corruption within the Biden structure and there just isn't anything there. So basically, Ukraine understood that what Grump was doing was just telling them that they weren't getting the money. They knew that there was or wasn't any corruption within the Biden group and their dealings with the Ukranian government.

The only reason that the GOP MAGAites think that the Biden's were involved in corruption is because Grump says they were. They haven't produced a shred of evidence except for this guy that keeps saying, "Oh, the corruption...the corruption was very bad. Worse than it's ever been done before. Corruption like nobody has ever seen. Everyone around me keeps asking me, 'what are you going to do with those corrupt Bidens? Oh, so much corruption. We have mountains of evidence that there was so much corruption. Corruption on a scale like the world has never seen!"

Yea, right. Sadly, there are still idiots out there that think somebody's going to turn over a rock and out will come some mountain of evidence...they don't actually have a mountain of evidence. They actually have nothing! Nada! Zip? Just like all the stacks and stacks of affidavits that they had as evidence for election issues...Nothing! Nada! Zip! I honestly don't understand why anyone can't see that Grump lies about everything. EVERYTHING!!!!!

He lies about how he's going to hire the best and brightest. I don't think he hired anyone that he's still on speaking terms with. You know why? Because all of them have already figured out that the man is not only a liar, but that he'll throw anyone under the bus that might save his backside. Look, you gotta go with what you believe to be the truth.

God bless,
Ted

Nothing can explain away the gross corruption of Jow Biden and his blatant admission of how he used 1 Billion dollars in aide to coerce a foreign government to remove the prosecutor investigating his son.

Nothing can explain away the gross corruption of Jow Biden and his blatant admission of how he used 1 Billion dollars in aide to coerce a foreign government to remove the prosecutor investigating his son.
Hi JLB

I'm not sure that the issue needs to be 'explained away'. VP Biden went to Ukraine and made a push for Ukraine to oust its public prosecutor because for whatever reason, the Obama administration didn't think he was doing a good job. I don't see anything that needs to be 'explained away'. It happened and it's a relatively regular issue with money that we give to help out other nations. So, as far as I'm concerned, the explanation that VP Biden was doing the job that he was sent out to do, is sufficient. It certainly doesn't rise to near any level of 'gross corruption', but I understand that it makes your charge seem more important than it is. Another lesson the MAGAites have learned from Grump. Throw in a lot of emotionally charged adjectives.

We'll see come next November who the nation chooses for the next four years.

God bless,
Ted

I'm not sure that the issue needs to be 'explained away'.
Well, as you can see JLB isn't engaging and is just mindlessly repeating false talking points while ignoring reality.

Sadly, that sort of behavior seems all to common in MAGA world.

VP Biden went to Ukraine and made a push for Ukraine to oust its public prosecutor because for whatever reason, the Obama administration didn't think he was doing a good job.
As the info I posted showed, removing the prosecutor was the stated policy/desire of Europe, the IMF, the Obama Administration, and Republican Senators. They wanted him out because he was notoriously corrupt, so President Obama sent his VP to use US aid as leverage.

The fact that Republicans keep trying to spin that into a scandal shows how desperate they are and how they don't have anything at all on Biden (if they had something better they'd use it).

miamited I'm replying to your post about the impeachment in this thread (rather than the Holding them Accountable thread).

The fact is, Republicans are simply doing this to smear President Biden, give Trump "ammo" he can use in the campaign, and minimize Trump's two impeachments. This thread contains examples of Republicans saying as much out loud. For example....

Devon Archer? LOL....

Devon Archer Turns Out to Be a Dud for Republicans

Devon Archer, a former business partner of Hunter Biden, appears to have failed to provide Republicans in the House of Representatives with any evidence of wrongdoing by President Joe Biden.

Archer testified before the House Oversight Committee on Monday in a highly anticipated appearance, where he was expected to say that Hunter Biden had put his father on speakerphone during business calls on multiple occasions.

His closed-door testimony to the committee seems to have been a dud, however, as Democratic and Republican members of the panel appeared to acknowledge he didn't provide evidence of the president's alleged involvement in his son's business dealings.

Hi Uncle J

I actually have some sympathy for Hunter. I mean, if his father hadn't run for the presidency, he'd be living large right now without a care in the world. And so far, all of the evidence has shown that he's got nothing to worry about, except for two small infractions that I imagine over half of the population may be guilty of. I mean, I know a lot of gun owners who use illegal drugs. There's no way that they were honest in signing the form that Hunter signed either.

Now, that doesn't make it right, but if we look at how the justice department has handled this matter in the past, it has always been just a slap on the wrist, IF anyone were to ever bother to check it out. and possibly the confiscation of their firearms, which I'm perfectly ok with. If it were up to me, they'd already be melted down into plowshares. I buy all of my foodstuffs at the grocery store. I don't need to hunt for food. Of course, I have no problem with people using rifles and shotguns for hunting. My complaint is the same as most seem to have. We need some control over these weapons that, in a matter of seconds, can kill dozens of people.

I'd like to see us get away from being such a gun-centered society, but I don't think there's much chance of that happening. I mean, according to research, there are 120 firearms registered in America for every 100 people. No other nation in the world has that kind of ratio. None that even come close!!!!! And sadly, it is represented in our deadly murder count with firearms.

But, I'm just a man living to get along and striving to follow Jesus.

HIs other crime is fudging on his taxes. Gee, he probably learned that from Grump!@!!!! LOL!

God bless,
Ted

CjonesRGB01072024.jpg

New Transcript Blows Up James Comer’s Entire Hunter Biden Argument

The House Oversight Committee on Tuesday released the transcript of the testimony of Kevin Morris, a friend of and attorney for Hunter Biden, and his statements undercut everything Republicans have said about the embattled first son.

Morris is a high-powered entertainment lawyer in Los Angeles who met Hunter at a 2019 presidential fundraiser for his father, Joe Biden. Morris has loaned Hunter nearly $5 million in the years since. He testified about his relationship with Hunter in a closed-door committee hearing last week.

Initially, Oversight Chair James Comer just released a list of paraphrased highlights from Morris’s testimony. Comer claimed that Morris informally loaned Hunter the money and does not expect to be repaid until after the 2024 election—or possibly ever. But the transcript shows this couldn’t be further from the truth.

In reality, Morris never once mentioned the possibility of forgiving the loans. Instead, he said he has a “100 percent” expectation that Hunter will repay him, and repeatedly states that he and Hunter have a series of promissory notes agreeing the younger Biden will pay back the money.

What’s more, Morris testified that there is a “balloon” on the loans set for after the election. This means that Hunter is currently making low or even no payments but will start making lump repayments in 2025.

Back