Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Men in Kilts

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Gotta tell ya, By Grace, there's just something special about well-played bagpipe music. I've been known to get lost in the melodies before.

Please do not tempt me into sinning with a line such "I get lost" in relation to a discussion of bagpipe music!!!

It is almost like you asking me to comment on cat jokes.

Do you know why I do not like kittens?
They grow up to become cats

Actually, I like bagpipe music. I just find bagpipe jokes irresistible. Is that an addiction? Am I sinning?

I sincerely hope that my attempt at levity did not offend you, air dancer.

But cat jokes are another story all together. :lol

I am bad, and I know that because I have the spiritual gift of nastiness.

Oh, I wasn't offended in the least, By Grace! Not everyone likes the exact same things I do, and vice versa. I also like bagpipe jokes ....and I have heard beginners with the 'pipes. Sounds quite like I would imagine a room full of rocking chairs rocking over the tails of a mass quantity of cats!

Uhmmmmm..... didn't realize there was a spiritual gift of nastiness. (I thought it was 'naughtiness'??????)

:lol

love bagpipes and cold wind pipes are softer. but marching pipes and drums are the best reason for going to a parade.
Òne night our windows were open and I could heàr pipes in the distançe. On another occasion I had got in the car and tried to track them down with no luck. So this time I woke up my hubby and told, uh, asked him to walk to the source with me. The sòund let us straight into a cemetary, where we sat on a tomb stone and enjoyed the performance of a lone piper. When he stopped he explained it was the only plàce he had found where he didn't disturb people and he was upset that we còuld hear them so far away. We never heard them again.
In Genesis 4 Jubel played harp and organ That is, I believe the reference to the primitive organ known as a bagpipe.

What a lovely memory of the lone piper. It's too bad he didn't return to continue practicing.

Every other year or so, the university not far from me plays host to a touring pipe & drum group ... I always get tickets & attend .... the performances could go on for hours longer than they do! At least Iahave quite a few CDs with bagpipe music so I can relish the sounds to my heart's content.

It wouldn't surprise me that the organ in Jubel's day was actually the bagpipe. It's an ancient instrument.

Back