Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

more-teens-pre-loaded-on-cheap-booze-

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: more-teens-pre-loaded-on-cheap-booze

Police chief urges alcohol action

Peter Fahy said the price of alcohol should be raised

A police chief has condemned parents for "turning a blind eye" to their children's underage drinking and anti-social behaviour.

Cheshire Chief Constable Peter Fahy spoke out after three boys appeared in court charged with the murder of a man on a street in Warrington.

Mr Fahy called for the legal drinking age to be raised from 18 to 21...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6947224.stm

See several related articles linked there, inc:-

English 'booze culture' targeted

English drinking culture is the root cause of problems, says the report

Ministers want to change the "English drinking culture" and the willingness to accept drunkenness and anti-social behaviour as a "normal" part of life.

The strategy seeks to promote sensible attitudes to alcohol, as the estimated bill from drink-related health, crime and disorder problems reaches £20bn...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6721183.stm

How do we stop underage drinking?
By Vik Iyer
BBC News website

The growing problem of underage binge drinking has sparked debate over the best strategy to counteract it.

Some claim alcohol is too affordable for youngsters and that it is still too easy for them to buy it from an off-licence.

However others argue changing lifestyles are to blame, citing society's attitude to alcohol is setting a bad example to young people.

Social factors, such as our attitude to excessive behaviour among young people, economic deprivation and family breakdown may also play a role.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6157296.stm

Should parents do more stop underage drinking?

How can we tackle teen drinking and anti-social behaviour?[/b]

A police chief has condemned parents for "turning a blind eye" to their children's underage drinking and anti-social behaviour.

Cheshire Chief Constable Peter Fahy also called for the legal drinking age to be raised to 21.

Mr Fahy said it was naive to assume police alone could tackle anti-social behaviour, criticising those who sold alcohol to young people and the "hardcore" of parents who "abdicated" their responsibility.

If you are a parent do you try to stop your teenagers drinking?

Should the legal drinking age be raised to 21?

How can we stop shops selling drinks to teenagers?

What are your experiences of drunken behaviour?

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread. ... 0815100238

Tell us too, OK?

Ian

What Can I Do To Keep My Son Out of Trouble?
By Billy Graham, Tribune Media Services

Q: I don't like to admit this, but our son is leaving for college in a few weeks and I can't wait for him to go. He's gotten very rebellious, and almost every conversation turns into a shouting match. I hate that it's like this, and I'm afraid he's headed for trouble, but what can we do? -- Mrs. G.H.

A: The first thing you can do is to try to tone down the rhetoric -- in other words, to do all you can to avoid the shouting matches. I know that isn't easy, and you may be facing very tough issues with your son -- but do you honestly want this to be his strongest memory of home? I hope not.

After all, arguments like this probably don't change his mind -- and they don't persuade you to change yours, either. They only end up poisoning your relationship, and five or 10 years down the road you both will regret it. The Bible wisely says, "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" (Proverbs 15:1). Sometimes it's better to say, "Son, you know we don't agree with you, but we love you, and we don't want you to do something you'll only regret later on."

The most important thing you can do, however, is to pray for your son and urge him to submit his life to Jesus Christ. God loves him, and He doesn't want him to wander aimlessly through life. And if you've never committed your own lives to Christ, do so now.

Right now, your son wants his independence, and that is understandable; he is on the brink of adulthood. But when we leave God out of the picture, our desire for independence can turn into our worst enemy. The Bible warns, "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice" (Proverbs 12:15).

========

Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: http://www.billygraham.org.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back