Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My anger is destroying me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

gss99

I have no other alternative. I am lonely. I am angry. I want to stop this way of life. I am a coward. Can God help me get through the day? If I stop doing bad things, will this anger leave me? I'm lashing out at everyone for the smallest things. It's destroying me. What do I do? Do I need to stop listening to negative music, negative media? Not that movies and music are a big part of my life but I think these negative influences are bad for me. I've recently lost a lot of weight through discipline and healthy eating but even that is being threatened to be lost to undisciplined behavior. So if I stop doing bad things and start living positively, will the loneliness stop? Also, I'm sometimes in a lot of pain because of an incurable illness. I recently this last week, had a lot of pain everyday, 24 hours a day and I only get to sleep by falling asleep in a chair. I can't even sleep in a bed anymore because of panic attacks. I never liked reading the Bible and I'm not sure I can do that but maybe I need some kind of guidance.

Also, I'm not a real man. I'm a child in a man's body. I'm unable to grow up and be a fully functioning man. So people tend to bully me wherever I go. If I do these things, will I mature ? Because I feel like it's all related. My fear of death, my lack of confidence, my lack of self-esteem, and my immaturity.

Hey man. I deal with anger and bullying, too. Pray about it. You have to pray for those who anger, bully, and oppress you. You also have to do something about getting your pain adequately treated, because untreated pain can cause all kinds of problems.

I don't know what to do about you feeling like a man child. I used to feel that way, too. Then I had to go to 12 month residential Christian Rehab (basically a work camp+Bible Studies). That more or less fixed that, although I still have mental illness issues. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Growing up is a gradual process, so try to take things one step at a time. First work on your pain, then start praying away your rage, pray for those who hurt you, connect with family, friends, and fun activities, and church. Congrats on your weight loss--I need to lose a good bit of weight.

It sounds like your situation is too complicated for a simple, short post in re: your original post to make a huge difference, but I'm sure older, wiser Christians will chime in. Ask God to help you grow up. I did that. At my residential rehab/work camp, I'd silently pray to God while walking to "make a man out of me." He did. It was rough and all, but God did it. Try not to do too much in your own strength; remember that all things are God-filtered, so you're going through all this for a reason. Also remember that when we pray for things that God sees are in our best interest--like growing up--we get them; He is not one to withhold good things from His children.

Please keep us all posted.

From reading your post sound like you know some of the steps you need to take (ie) what you read hear.... Boy you sure are right about anger destroying us.

Nice to hear about your loosing weight :thumbsup that is a very hard battle to win or just stay even with..

I know when i get to that time when i am too angry it is because i am hurting..Then once again i need to forgive those who have hurt me.... When I unbuild the walls of anger it is be amazing what I see..

C_E has given you some great help/support.

Welcome to the forums plenty of good folks around here...

God will either deliver you from suffering, or if not, will give you the strength and grace, to pass trough it and endure it.

Psalm 119:50, Psalm 62:8, Psalm 42:5, Psalm 43:5, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 86, Isaiah 25:8, 30:18,19,20, 40:1, 41:10,13,14, 2 Corinthians 1:3-11, 4:16-18, 7:6, 12:9,10, Psalm 13, Psalm 94:19, Lamentations 3:1-66, Psalm 116:3-9, Psalm 30, Psalm 31, Psalm 94:17-19, Psalm 25:16,17,18, Psalm 34.

1 John 3:1, 4:10,16,19, John 3:16, 14:21,23, 16:27, 17:23,26, Psalm 103:8,11,13,17,18, Psalm 108:4, Psalm 63:3, Psalm 145:7,8,9,17,20, Psalm 147:11, Psalm 52:8, Psalm 25:6,7,8,10, Ephesians 2:4-9, 3:14-19, 5:1, 6:23, Psalm 33:5,18,22, Psalm 117:2, Lamentations 3:22,23,25,31,32,33.

Praying for you tonight.

I would recommend Psalm 37 in it's entirety, but I want to post an excerpt for you...I pray that the Truth of God's Word would encourage you and help you with anger and fear...

1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. 3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. 9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Praying that God would grant you peace and love and take away all fear and anger. I don't know if you know the Lord, but praying for belief...that if you don't believe Him, you will, and that if you do that He would help your unbelief. If you know the Lord, believe in Him, then you do not have to fear death. I think anger and fear can be the root of health problems, or make existing health problems much more painful and difficult to deal with. Praying tonight for your healing, for your body, mind, and soul. If you do not think you can read a lot of Scripture, maybe listening to Scripture and Scripture songs will help you begin. Love the truth, love the Word, and it will help your mind be renewed...The Word of God is life. Pray to God before you read, and let Him know that you don't like reading the Bible...He will help you. He will teach you. He will stir your heart to love the truth and find healing in the Word of God. I don't know if you attend a church, but I am praying that God would lead you to a Christ-centered church that loves the Word...there you will find fellowship, prayer, hymns, and Scripture to strengthen you, heal you, and give you courage. God can do more than help you through the day, He can help you overcome and be a man of love, of life, and of wisdom...He can help you become someone who is able to use your experiences to help others...a man with a beautiful testimony and a faith that has been tested and refined...but there are no short cuts. Praying that God would open your eyes, and that you would see the purpose He has for your life, that you would be filled with hope and a desire to seek His truth. The Lord bless you.

I'll pray for you, but if you want to hear something about anger then I'm the right guy to talk to. Because if ANYONE on this entire site has anger I'm definitely one you can talk to. It's something that is hard for me to handle and I still have issues with it. You seem to be getting bullied and honestly my solution to that would be to just trust in the Lord.

Please contact me I can seriously help you out. I don't like to see anger it's evil it's a destroyer of things.

[

Just remember, the bully always calls the person he is bullying a coward. Bullies always blame the victim of their bullying for letting them bully them. That is how they justify their sadism and rationalize their behavior. It's not that they are a bully, it's that you are a coward.

and all people love to bully people who are lonely. Most people's friendships is like a wolf pack, they are a predatory social group. If they sense you are alone and not 6'4, they will attack, and get bully points, it makes them feel powerful and sexual.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back