Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Mom is in the hospital, I am requesting prayer, thank you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's so lovely to learn that you are handling your Mom's illness in a calm manner .... such benefit of prayer, Cas3y!

Prayers will continue for you all :wave2

Thank you all once again for your prayers!
My Mom has a "gross infection" (the doctors words)
She is said to be "better" after the first of several surgeries was completed today
When she can talk to me and make 'sense', then I'll know she is better -
please pray for her again when you think of it,
God bless you all,

Cas3y

It's so lovely to learn that you are handling your Mom's illness in a calm manner .... such benefit of prayer, Cas3y!

Prayers will continue for you all :wave2

:pray <--- me
I saw a sermon by Dr. Charles Stanley (In Touch Ministries) on tv on Sunday - it was called "Turning Our Crisis Into An Opportunity"
I read the sermon notes over and over and prayed the Scriptures he highlighted - then there were the prayers that all of YOU made - if I was calm, it was the Spirit of the Lord and the "backup" God allowed you to send me over the "prayer waves" - I salute you!

:salute

Thanks for the update, Cas3y ... was wondering how your Mom was doing today.
And the news post-surgery does sound encouraging.

Prayers continue for you, your Mom, and your family :wave2

I saw a sermon by Dr. Charles Stanley (In Touch Ministries) on tv on Sunday - it was called "Turning Our Crisis Into An Opportunity"
I read the sermon notes over and over and prayed the Scriptures he highlighted - then there were the prayers that all of YOU made - if I was calm, it was the Spirit of the Lord and the "backup" God allowed you to send me over the "prayer waves" - I salute you!

Isn't it amazing how our Lord arranges things to help us! The sermon you heard on Sunday, followed by reading the notes anew & praying, certainly had the appropriate timeliness: just when you needed it most. Our Lord is marvelous!

I really like Dr Stanley.I am glad that his prayers were a comfort.

An update to all of you kind folks who prayed:
I do not know whether to tell you that my Mom is the same or better. But since I am praying for a miracle, (that she WALKS out of there), I am going to tell you that she is better.
I hope that "better" is God's will for her

She is suffering with a horrible infection, compounded by various other issues that she already had
She's the coolest - she helped me so much when I got here (I lived elsewhere) she put up with so much!

I wanted to let you know she's still in the intensive care unit, and to bless you all for your prayers again
and to say that I am praying for YOU and that this reminds me of you all:

Philemon 1:4-7
4 "I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, 5 because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, 6 and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. 7 For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you."

Cas3y

You are a blessing, Cas3y ! Thanks for the update about your Mom. It's good news she's doing better; ICU is an good place to be when dealing with a serious infection, complicated by other issues.

Prayers will continue for your Mom, you & your family :wave2

Health and Healing

Father, in the Name of Jesus, I confess Your Word concerning healing. As I do this, I believe and say that Your Word will not return to You void, but will accomplish what it says it will. Therefore, I believe in the Name of Jesus that I am healed, according to 1 Peter 2:24. It is written in Your word that Jesus himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses. Therefore, with great boldness and confidence I say on the authority of that written Word that I am redeemed from the curse of sickness, and I refuse to tolerate its symptoms.
Satan, I speak to you in the Name of Jesus and say that your principalities, powers, your spirits who rule the present darkness, and your spiritual wickedness in heavenly places are bound from operating against me in any way. I am the property of Almighty God, and I give you no place in me. I dwell in the secret place of the Most High God. I abide, remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no foe can withstand.
Now, Father, because I reverence and worship You, I have the assurance of Your word that the angel of the Lord encamps around about me and delivers me from every evil work. No evil shall befall me, no plague or calamity shall come near my dwelling. I confess the Word of God abides in me and delivers to me perfect soundness of mind and wholeness in body and spirit from the deepest parts of my nature in my immortal spirit even to the joints and marrow of my bones. That Word is medication and life to my flesh for the law of the Spirit of life operates in me and makes me free from the law of sin and death.
I have on the whole armor of God, and the shield of faith protects me from all the fiery darts of the wicked. Jesus is the High Priest of my confession, and I hold fast to my confession of faith in Your Word. I stand immovable and fixed in full assurance that I have health and healing now in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Once this has been prayed, thank the Father that Satan is bound and continue to confess this healing and thank God for it.

Scripture References:
Isaiah 55:11 1 Peter 2:24 Matthew 8:17 Galatians 3:13 James 4:7 Ephesians 6:12 2 Corinthians 10:4 Psalm 91:1 Psalm 91:10 Psalm 34:7
2 Timothy 1:7 Hebrews 4:12,14 Proverbs 4:22 Romans 8:2 Ephesians 6:11,16 Psalm 112:7

- Bill Winston
http://www.livingwd.org/lwcc-prayer...sc=260246162.2.1409534451384&__hsfp=375026324

Praying for your Mom, that she receives the very best medical care, and that God's healing hand will be on her. And for you and your family, that you will be blessed with peace of mind, and the strength to be a support to your Mom. If her electrolytes are out of balance from the kidneys, it could explain her confusion, as electrolytes are very important for transmitting signals in the brain. Praying for a full and quick recovery.

Hello and thank you all:
My Mom has been moved to ANOTHER hospital and is in a room - she graduated out of the ICU! (Thank GOD!)
She is still sort of withdrawn - she will talk and answer questions, but you won't get a lively conversation (which is what is normal for her)
THAT'S the Mom that I am praying for that comes back, God willing!

I say she is better and I have more confidence in the medical hospital where she is now - but I can't see her everyday there either, which is causing a bit of grief/stress/longing - I don't know, pick one....

I have found it hard to concentrate on my classes, but God has helped me so much!
I went from 3 out of 3 problems answered INCORRECTLY on a quiz (we can take them until we get the answers right, before moving on) has become 2 out of 3 answered CORRECTLY!
I thank God for that, that's a drastic change, just since yesterday night!

I thank God and bless you all too, just knowing you are there, Claudya, GrannyJ, iLove, Kathi, jeff77 and Eugene - and anyone else that just saw this thread and prayed - has been an awesome blessing! And I do not write this 'lightly'!

For you all of you 'refreshers':

A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25 (NIV)

Cas3y
(God is a God who SEES)

Thank you all for your prayers!
My Mom is in heaven now - now I don't have to worry that she's suffering or sad or disappointed with me or my brothers and sisters - she died this morning (9.10.14)
That is really all that I can say for now, except bless you
Cas3y

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Cas3y.

Prayers continue for you and your siblings. And please know without doubt, you are dearly loved by our Lord. And we love you, too :pray

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Cas3y. I will continue to pray for you and your family, that God's peace and comfort will be with you. You will miss her terribly. Take comfort that she is in God's loving hands.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back