Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Narcissism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
NPD (Narcissistic personality disorder) can be treated, but there's no guarantee that the narcissist will be cured. The treatment usually involves years of psychotherapy. But before treatment can start, the narcissist has to admit to themselves that they're a narcissist. They'll admit it openly but deep down inside, because of their disorder, they will never admit it to themselves. And that's the trick, getting the narcissist to be honest with himself.
....and it seems they can't be honest with themselves about it because of the grip of fear in their lives that makes them that. They NEED to be narcissistic to survive. It's their premier defensive mechanism. They don't give it up easily.

I should post a high school pic of myself on here.
Found it!
il_340x270.453345230_3dav.jpg

Did she help design Stonehenge or something?

:couch
One poster said he had a huge sundial outside of his high school. Somehow Reba's age maturity got weaved into it and I said Stonehenge was out in front of her high school. Other comments followed. Something like that. I guess you had to be there. You know how that is.

....and it seems they can't be honest with themselves about it because of the grip of fear in their lives that makes them that. They NEED to be narcissistic to survive. It's their premier defensive mechanism. They don't give it up easily.
You've got that right my friend.

The best therapists are the ones that are personally familiar with what they're treating.
I can agree with you on that.It is like a male obstetrician who tells his patient "Oh ya,I know how painful those labor pains are".

I can agree with you on that.It is like a male obstetrician who tells his patient "Oh ya,I know how painful those labor pains are".

I didn't know obstetricians were psychotherapists. I've never had a baby so I wouldn't know.

I didn't know obstetricians were psychotherapists. I've never had a baby so I wouldn't know.
No,but they sure can not relate to labor pains just as you said a therapist is best if they are personally familiar with the disorder.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back