Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Narcissism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
d3b3c5c53be49de3505d9945fa64e58a.jpg

One poster said he had a huge sundial outside of his high school. Somehow Reba's age maturity got weaved into it and I said Stonehenge was out in front of her high school. Other comments followed. Something like that. I guess you had to be there. You know how that is.
Sure............. blame it on me for mentioning our sundial.

self loathing is something I have to stopped, God told me if you stopped looking at poor little you and looked at Big me. it might just change things.

Articles published in 2008 by researchers say that 9.4 % of people in their 20's have experienced NPD.3.2 % or people over 65.

so you Have never done any of that? you have never manipulated another for ones gain? never lied to make oneself more important then one is?
I am sure that you could pick out one of two of those symptoms but NPD is a serious personality disorder.It is different.

I am sure that you could pick out one of two of those symptoms but NPD is a serious personality disorder.It is different.
I never said you had npd, I said three of those I had.i then asked if you had any of those. you then deny that. I have never met a person on this earth that in some shape or form was so altruistic that they didn't have time for self. only Jesus is such a person.

so you Have never done any of that? you have never manipulated another for ones gain? never lied to make oneself more important then one is?
I found this on a website, I don't think you have this jason, if you were worried......does this sound like you? You don't portray yourself on here as one...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody’s life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th Century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today.

People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter’s “rudeness” or “stupidity” or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician.

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/

I found this on a website, I don't think you have this jason, if you were worried......does this sound like you? You don't portray yourself on here as one...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody’s life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th Century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today.

People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter’s “rudeness” or “stupidity” or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician.

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/
I wasn't worried but noted that I have done some of that.

I have been so arrogant at times to think I was the only thing mattered. used people for my gain.

I just don't think NPD is incurable. Maybe outside of Jesus, yes, but...

...speaking of when I had the dreaded NPD, a little bit of empathy would have gone a long way.

I wasn't worried but noted that I have done some of that.

I have been so arrogant at times to think I was the only thing mattered. used people for my gain.
Well, as a teenager, definitely in my younger years, I've met most of those attributes. lol Not all the time, and many I've learned not to be that way.

Yet, with you, you said at times, I'm not sure a person with it could turn it off and on,they would be that way all the time. At least that's what I"m getting out of it.

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  • Requires excessive admiration
  • Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  • Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  • Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  • Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
  • Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
  • http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/

Arrogant-Obama.jpg
Yea, I think I get the idea...

I just don't think NPD is incurable. Maybe outside of Jesus, yes, but...

...speaking of when I had the dreaded NPD, a little bit of empathy would have gone a long way.
Do you mean empathy from you or towards you?

I've heard that people with NPD don't know they have it. That's part of the problem, they are unaware they are not normal. Is that correct? Did you realize your characteristics were not normal?

Back