Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nephilim

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I hear ya' brother. My sons dog too. His dog is a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's a pit bull and cute as a button and appears very nice and friendly, it always looks like he's smiling. But he's bit quite a few people over the years. People mistake the friendliness and try to pet him, and without any warning he'll just bite them. No barking or growling or anything, just CHOMP. He's never got us in trouble though, it has always been in our yard after they are told to not try to even touch him. He's very well behaved and listens good. But he bites fast.

Well, it's well established that cross-breeding is very possible with animals, dogs for instance as well as many others. So this being the case, and in keeping with the thread topic, Extra-terrestrials brother. Angelic, or previously angelic beings, since they seem to have left their original habitation (bodies), according to scripture.

If not, why not? how do you know? Depending on ones interpretation of scripture, it would seem to say yes, at least to me, and many others...

It does sound very far fetched, granted, BUT! is is t really that far fetched, given our present knowledge of other examples of it here on earth? Animals and so forth, and we also do know that our scientists are working hard on building super-soldiers and all of that stuff...

angels are able to take on a life form? uhm ok if they could do that then why not make their own life? bestiality isn't that rare as some thing. there ya go. mate with a human and viola.

the bible doesn't say satan can create.

Now we're back to get your own dirt, lol. God made Angels, God made man, voila'.
but god didn't make angels to create and well they aren't souls. the concept of soul is a five fold thing.
angels are merely called malak in Hebrew. they aren't called ruach usually.

even the kabbalists jews don't buy this stuff. I could and I will do so in the right thread on what ramban says about the image of god and that we are made in the image of the earth and god. we have the flesh and the yechida/nephesh chaya from god. the image to jews is torah in its full expression of love. hmm that makes sense to me. how do we show god? point to our flesh? no, how we act! if we love we are showing forth gods image.

but god didn't make angels to create and well they aren't souls. the concept of soul is a five fold thing.

even the kabbalists jews don't buy this stuff. I could and I will do so in the right thread on what ramban says about the image of god and that we are made in the image of the earth and god. we have the flesh and the yechida/nephesh chaya from god. the image to jews is torah in its full expression of love. hmm that makes sense to me. how do we show god? point to our flesh? no, how we act! if we love we are showing forth gods image.

That's interesting brother jason. You use a few terms in your post that I am unfamiliar with. If you could restate it in laymans language for me, I sure would appreciate it. :) I get it what you say in your last sentence and wholeheartedly agree with you on that. God is love, and were created in His image, so we must become love. The only way to do this of course is to draw closer to God and receive the renewing that is spoken of in scripture. Interesting.

A new question has formed in my mind from the thread. It has been said that only God creates...with the inference being that Angels and men could not cross-breed because that would be a creation...well, let's take mankind for instance. Me and my (ex) wife, came together and had children. Was this a creation? If it is, why couldn't the same have happened between Angels and men? If not, then how is having regular human/human children possible?

yechida is the part of the soul that is at unity with god always. the nephesh chaya is the part that was breathed into man by god. two of the five aspects of the soul. angels as we are shown in the word are spirits, nothing more on that. I prefer to see that way. what is more important? to live the aspects of what is shown or to ponder what ifs? sure I do it, but again much of what I post is from actually Hebraic usage and found either in the bible or Talmud and supported by the bible. though my idea of the image of man isn't in Christianity.

jesus was seen by the 12, He said to them if ye have seen me ye have seen the father. the phairsees saw jesus, but they didn't see the father. why? because they didn't do what the Lord said believe on HIM. the 12 save judas, did believe. that is how we see God.

yechida is the part of the soul that is at unity with god always. the nephesh chaya is the part that was breathed into man by god. two of the five aspects of the soul. angels as we are shown in the word are spirits, nothing more on that. I prefer to see that way. what is more important? to live the aspects of what is shown or to ponder what ifs? sure I do it, but again much of what I post is from actually Hebraic usage and found either in the bible or Talmud and supported by the bible. though my idea of the image of man isn't in Christianity.

jesus was seen by the 12, He said to them if ye have seen me ye have seen the father. the phairsees saw jesus, but they didn't see the father. why? because they didn't do what the Lord said believe on HIM. the 12 save judas, did believe. that is how we see God.

I think that the 'spiritual eyes' are what was spoken of when it was said, if ye have seen me, ye have seen the father, as in knowing Him for who and what He is and being in Christ and Christ in us. You see what I'm saying? (sic).

Angels are angels humans are humans

Meaning...? you don't believe it's possible to cross breed Angelic beings and humans, right? Ok. point taken. But on what are you basing this belief? Tradition of man? Old time sunday school lessons? Opinion? Do you really know for sure one way or the other that it is/isn't possible?

:thinking

Do i KNOW? nope. I have never knowingly met a angel and his wife to be introduced to their kids.
Then the implication of this passage leads me to my conclusion ...
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Man does not create.

Man begats sons and daughters.

Back