Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Next time someone calls you an "Islamaphobe"...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
true, but well as its said in pentacostal circles. the demonically possessed has to want to be free . if not don't bother with that devil. it will make it worse.
This could be said in Pentecostal circles, I don't know. But it isn't Biblical. Paul cast the demon out of the soothsayer woman and didn't ask permission, determine if she wanted it out or spit and blow over her, shout and rant and rave, either. He told it to come out of her and that was it. The father of the boy who was thrown in the fire and water by the demon asked Jesus to "heal" him when the disciples couldn't take care of it. Christians have been given authority over demons, period.

not if the person doesn't want to be saved. some do want to be possessed and allow it knowingly. I know a few of them. one of them Is a witch. Yes the demon will leave but he will come back to the house cleaned and with even more demons. that is what they teach.

If you've conversed with demoniacs, I salute you. I never would, whether they invited the possession or not. Call me a demon-phobe, and I would agree wholeheartedly in my happy cowardice. :biggrin

P.S we aren't really expecting ordinary Muslims to chase after Christians mouthing inquisition-style forced confessions like 'I confess I am a Muslim, demon-possessed, etc. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm sensing a little hostility within this thread from some people toward others from different faiths, and personally I think that may be a little unfair. Extremists and fanatics exist within just about every sect, and it's true that the Muslim extremists are currently the most prominent, but this doesn't detract from the fact that most Muslims are peaceful, kind people, who, in no way, condone the behaviour of the extremists. I understand how Christians might "demonise" this faith, as it differs from there own, but it's worth taking into account that as fervently as any one of you might believe in the Christian God, and the works of Jesus Christ, a Muslim believes just as fervently, and puts in an equal amount of credulity, within Allah, and the teaching of the Prophet Muhammad. These people are not estranged people who have turned away from God, but rather people that have been raised within a belief system; as I'm sure many of you have been raised within a Christian home, and when you have been raised within a certain context (Muslim, Christian, Judaism, etc), and you have been told to believe on faith, and told that even questioning said faith would be a sin, or at the very least dangerous to your salvation, then surely you can understand how it is that Muslims come to the conclusion that they are right and you are wrong. I'm neither a Muslim nor a Christian, but I try to understand how and why people have come to the conclusions that they eventually reach. Everybody experiences life differently; sees different things, is faced with different decisions, is given different answers, and ultimately comes to different conclusions. No Christian need agree with a Muslim, but "Demonising" the Faith won't win you any Muslim converts.

how many have been to and lived in a muslim state? hide their name as they are jewish?

oh yeah. that is me. anyone else?

not all muslims are bad. but well I do know those muslims that did like me also thought lowly of women. heard them say it and challenged them on it.

how many have been to and lived in a muslim state? hide their name as they are jewish?

not all muslims are bad. but well I do know those muslims that did like me also thought lowly of women. heard them say it and challenged them on it.

I agree that no state or country should be founded on a single religion, up to and including Christianity. No man or woman should have to hide there name, or keep their beliefs secret for fear of persecution. Everywhere should allow full uninhibited access to all information pertaining to the different faiths, beliefs and of course the sciences. There will always be indoctrination within families, but at least if the information is out there, people would have the chance to make there own decisions.

As to how the woman are treated within Islam tradition, it is very different to what Christians may be used to, but if you speak to any Muslim, they would disagree that they think lowly of them, but rather that men and woman are different, and should be treated differently. I don't agree with the way that Muslim women are treated, but I didn't grow up in that culture. People who have grown up in it don't see it as great of a problem as those outside of that circle do. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm saying that telling them it's wrong isn't going to change their mind, as far as they know the way they are doing things is right, and everybody else is wrong.

If you really want to convince someone to change their position on any matter, don't point out the flaws in their position, but rather highlight the qualities and benefits of your own. Don't tell a Muslim his belief is evil, tell him why you think yours is not.

This is the kind of attitude I hate coming from other Christians. All you see is crazy muslims because that's what the news wants you too see, all they see is crazy christians because that's what their news wants them to see. We're both getting played but instead of realizing it we continue to hate on each other. People act as if a christian has never killed anyone or been involved in a mass murder or that nations haven't killed in the name of God, it's the denial of history. You all claim that Islam aims to take over the world and that muslims are trying to take over America, isn't that what we did? Didn't we send missionaries for the complete purpose of converting the native population? Hypocrisy is reeking from this thread. I believe in God, but I don't believe in hating another man for his beliefs, for the sole fact that he is different. It's his choice and he may or may not have to suffer for it in the next life, but it's not my place to dislike and even hate him for making that choice. The fact that some of you actually believe they are DEMONIC is an absolute disgrace to the name of God. They aren't demonic they are different, these are the same attitudes that fueled slavery and the jim crow laws, these are the same attitudes that fueled the salem witch trials, and these are the attitudes that make Christianity look bad.
If you want to take a break from reading about the hate and see the opposite for a change, I highly recommend this video. I think it's related to "what the news wants you see", but what really goes on in some good people's hearts.

[video=youtube;6Lp-NMaU0r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lp-NMaU0r8[/video]

It's always risky for certain foreigners in an Islamic state. I don't believe anyone has implied otherwise.

Besides, YOU could at least hide your heritage. Think of the races who can't, and end up lost in the human trafficking chain DESPITE BEING MUSLIMS! The Q'uran forbids enslavement of fellow Muslims so the poor souls never saw it coming.

It's risky for anyone in an Islamic state. A graceless religion with the power of the state behind, or at least indifferent to, its abuses is a nightmare.

I agree that no state or country should be founded on a single religion, up to and including Christianity. No man or woman should have to hide there name, or keep their beliefs secret for fear of persecution. Everywhere should allow full uninhibited access to all information pertaining to the different faiths, beliefs and of course the sciences. There will always be indoctrination within families, but at least if the information is out there, people would have the chance to make there own decisions.

As to how the woman are treated within Islam tradition, it is very different to what Christians may be used to, but if you speak to any Muslim, they would disagree that they think lowly of them, but rather that men and woman are different, and should be treated differently. I don't agree with the way that Muslim women are treated, but I didn't grow up in that culture. People who have grown up in it don't see it as great of a problem as those outside of that circle do. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm saying that telling them it's wrong isn't going to change their mind, as far as they know the way they are doing things is right, and everybody else is wrong.

If you really want to convince someone to change their position on any matter, don't point out the flaws in their position, but rather highlight the qualities and benefits of your own. Don't tell a Muslim his belief is evil, tell him why you think yours is not.

regretting that you have a woman child is ok? if a child is murder in Afghanistan they can be paid for the crime and no issues. if its aboy. if its a girl they wont bother. I have a few stories of this.

I didn't say that it was evil. I said the girl is a child and thus a person. they saw it differently.

Is Islam demonic? From the Christian perspective, the answer should always be a resounding "YES"!! It is a religion that contradicts the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and such a message that grabs hold of so many people has got to have demonic influence.
You sure got that right, Mike. Not to mention the "ok" from their prophet's teachings to steal from, kill, and destroy "infidels" and their ways of life. (The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly. John 10:10)

And also lie whenever and wherever it is convenient. (Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44)

About the perversions and twisted scripture they hold dear, well, that's too long a post for now.

If you want to take a break from reading about the hate and see the opposite for a change, I highly recommend this video. I think it's related to "what the news wants you see", but what really goes on in some good people's hearts.

[video=youtube;6Lp-NMaU0r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lp-NMaU0r8[/video]

This is very sweet. It is an Israeli proclaiming love for Iran. Apparently he got responses from Iranians applauding his art and responding to his message of peace. We can hope it will have a long term effect. However, Scripture proclaims (and it is highly likely it will be in this time) that Israel will be attacked by nations surrounding them as well as others. Sad but it will certainly come to pass.

This is very sweet. It is an Israeli proclaiming love for Iran. Apparently he got responses from Iranians applauding his art and responding to his message of peace. We can hope it will have a long term effect. However, Scripture proclaims (and it is highly likely it will be in this time) that Israel will be attacked by nations surrounding them as well as others. Sad but it will certainly come to pass.

Well, let's just hope that the people who live in that area don't ignorantly throw in the towel.

in my search for jewish thought in the tanach and the brit chadosh. I have found that once again the muslims copy cat the jews.

shalom alechem, is close to what the Arabic words are. Hebrew is older in that concept then islam.

Next time you think "islamophobes'" are haters, take a look at this picture and see if you STILL wanna have sympathy or empathy for the followers of the "peaceful religion"!!! And notice how the ones with the signs are covering their faces. Let's you know the "protest" is in a western country.

14683.jpg

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2013/...t-pamela-geller-from-speaking-at-a-synagogue/

The way the religion treats women is enough of a clue for me to know they NOT are peaceful

OOPS thanks :)

Next time you think "islamophobes'" are haters, take a look at this picture and see if you STILL wanna have sympathy or empathy for the followers of the "peaceful religion"!!! And notice how the ones with the signs are covering their faces. Let's you know the "protest" is in a western country.

14683.jpg

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2013/...t-pamela-geller-from-speaking-at-a-synagogue/

they just demonstrate that are murderers, not saints, what so if some people mock/insult their religion, what's the matter with them hereof?!, when (the) christians were so hostile against the humans who mock/insult their religion?!, but the muslims are always ready to kill?!, as if they seek someone against whom to war, as though their god is a god of war and killing, not of peace - may the true God and Jesus teach/make them to behave

Blessings

they just demonstrate that are murderers, not saints, what so if some people mock/insult their religion, what's the matter with them hereof?!, when (the) christians were so hostile against the humans who mock/insult their religion?!, but the muslims are always ready to kill?!, as if they seek someone against whom to war, as though their god is a god of war and killing, not of peace - may the true God and Jesus teach/make them to behave

Blessings
The ones holding their signs are not brave enough to be willing to die for their religion, you might think, since they are not brave enough to remain uncovered before the cameras. However, it doesn't take a lot of courage to shoot someone in the back or join a mob to commit murder and mayhem. "Their god is a god of war and killing, not of peace", well said! And yes, may the true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Great I AM, display His power to convince them they are "of their father the devil". Again, my co-believer in Him Who made us, well said. Yet it is His people on earth who are expected to "make them behave". He has given us mighty weapons of spiritual warfare. It's time Christians learned to come out of their hiding places where the concerns are for the 10 commandments being put back in school and on walls and other outward signs of God's authority. It's time for Christians to DEMONSTRATE the power given us by Jesus, power to enforce righteousness, peace, and good will.To demonstrate the authority which He has granted to us, as Jesus said, "Behold, I give you power....over ALL the power of the enemy". (Lk 10:19)

Back