Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

old homes in my area, and from yours

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
yup...good ole south carolina ("smiling faces, beautiful places"). I've grown to appreciate--not necessarily love, but appreciate--the south, despite everything.

yeah...'round here, the big problem was neglect, following the civil war and again during and for a time after the depression. that and some hippies burned down one or two of the old houses back in the 60s and 70s.
I know one of that time frame or close.im looking for it in Melbourne. a few up there as well. though those stories I don't know as well.

yeah...I like the houses and hotels in Florida and parts of Georgia from that time period...
perouse that site. its has a home that is pre civil war. it says that slaves may have built the home. not shown. it also says somethings about the graves. that isn't far at all. I already may need to visit pafb and I also that Is on the way there. here. a good read.
http://rossetterhousemuseum.org/content/caroline-p-rossetter
im sure her and waldo sexton would have known each other and any of the sextons given they were cattlemen.

perouse that site. its has a home that is pre civil war. it says that slaves may have built the home. not shown. it also says somethings about the graves. that isn't far at all. I already may need to visit pafb and I also that Is on the way there. here. a good read.
http://rossetterhousemuseum.org/content/caroline-p-rossetter
im sure her and waldo sexton would have known each other and any of the sextons given they were cattlemen.
going next week. one of two there is another closer that is old but not that old. right around the corner from me. I remember when Ruth hallstrom was alive. all these home saved the Melbourne one I use as reference points when I view topos. the helseth home I may later on post a ww2 image of them in their glory with the groves.

http://irchistorical.org/Properties-Indian-River-Historical-Society.html

Yes I loved it when I lived in Georgia, just moved back to Philly in 2006 I loved many of the houses, some of the houses I did not like. But if my parents were not old I would go back or move to south Delaware.

Yes I loved it when I lived in Georgia, just moved back to Philly in 2006 I loved many of the houses, some of the houses I did not like. But if my parents were not old I would go back or move to south Delaware.
slave plantations were and are still around. as historical pieces or hunting grounds. one of those I have been too.

These pictures are great, guys! I grew up on a farm in the Midwest, there were 5 homes on the property, ours was at least 100 years old. We didn't have a bathroom until I was about 5 years old. We used to have rain barrels to catch rain for showers. I am a 40 something, too.
The architecture on some of those older homes is so unique, I am actually touring an old Victorian home today from the 1800's.

Philadelphia is loaded with old homes starting in the 1600's, it is nothing for us here to see them, because we have been seeing them all our lives. You just remember that America started here.

Philadelphia is loaded with old homes starting in the 1600's, it is nothing for us here to see them, because we have been seeing them all our lives. You just remember that America started here.
Yes, that is true! We don't see those homes here.
Europe is even older! They have really neat architecture.

uhm if I lived in st. Augustine I would counter that with pictures. st Augustine predates American colony by half a century.

the patio. once a home, a real estate office, and restuarants, one of which is the namesake still. this shall be one of many buildings by waldo sexton. Three other buildings nearby this will also be shown and were built by home but nothing in common to the patio. the others were his Parisian/Spanish influence in building. which will be easily seen. the large arch ways are to be found all through this era(20-30s). note the image is old and has the Mexican restaurant signage. which is now once again the patio. when it was to the Mexican food style, it added that taller section to the south. View attachment 6264

t

art_20081229134130_StPauls.JPG
old pic of the local Episcopalian church. Like the local Presby church, there's a newer one, and this is used for special services.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back