Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Once you see it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The best Taco in the world is taco de Pastor y tortilla de maez. Pastor is pulled pork in a chili gravy and on a corn tortilla it is incredible! Add some Chili Piquine (pickled Birds Eye Peppers) and it is heavenly.
Y'all making me hungry! Someday i'll get a carne asada burrito again, it's been a long time since i had a good one. Last one i had was in california.

don't go giving that young lady any good buddies Jethro, you'll upset every driver for the next 10,000 miles. :study
Lol, I did not know Cturtle was of the feminine persuasion. Nor did I know she's from SW Michigan. I graduated from Berrien Springs, High School (barely, lol).

Y'all making me hungry! Someday i'll get a carne asada burrito again, it's been a long time since i had a good one. Last one i had was in california.

I'm from California and now in Tahiti and we make tacos, burritos, taquitos....., aw, just about everything that has been named here, ...why don't you, Mexican food is simple to make.

There are good recipes on line for Carne Asada but with the cost of Beef Skirt has sky rocketed with the popularity of Fajita. Less expensive cuts of beef (carne) cut into thin strips and prepared, often make better tasting dishes without the slow cook required to make it chewable. some of the best Asada I have eaten was made that way withonly about an hour of prep time where as Carne Asada, cookked from skirt takes a least a two hour slow cook to make it edible. You can make it out of Butt Roast still pay less than the same amount of the Tacos costs in a restaurant, a serious consideration for a Church Supper of Church Bar-B-Que. Carne Asada cooked naturally over pure oak wood is especially tasty, it will make you slap your mama for never cooking that.

There are good recipes on line for Carne Asada but with the cost of Beef Skirt has sky rocketed with the popularity of Fajita. Less expensive cuts of beef (carne) cut into thin strips and prepared, often make better tasting dishes without the slow cook required to make it chewable. some of the best Asada I have eaten was made that way withonly about an hour of prep time where as Carne Asada, cookked from skirt takes a least a two hour slow cook to make it edible. You can make it out of Butt Roast still pay less than the same amount of the Tacos costs in a restaurant, a serious consideration for a Church Supper of Church Bar-B-Que. Carne Asada cooked naturally over pure oak wood is especially tasty, it will make you slap your mama for never cooking that.

You're making me hungry Bill, we just bought 12 dozen packages of tortillas, might just have to stop at the store this morning after church.

We BBQ everything, cooking inside makes the house too hot, we have several very good marinades, one citrus based, one tomato based, ...marinating reduces cooking time considerably, also, like bill said, cutting the skirt/flank steak into one inch strips helps, we never grill longer than 12-14 minutes.

Viva la tacos!

You're making me hungry Bill, we just bought 12 dozen packages of tortillas, might just have to stop at the store this morning after church.

We BBQ everything, cooking inside makes the house too hot, we have several very good marinades, one citrus based, one tomato based, ...marinating reduces cooking time considerably, also, like bill said, cutting the skirt/flank steak into one inch strips helps, we never grill longer than 12-14 minutes.

Viva la tacos!
KARL! You're gonna make all those yanks go out in the snow and cook! But as Karl mentioned, it ain't long 'til it's done and there is a great smelling wood fire right in front of you. :clown:clown:clown

Well I had Hardee's for lunch. Cheeseburger:yes
If you want a better burger you need a real What-A-Burger! The original comes with no Mayo, no Catchup, Mustard, Onions, Tomatoes. and Iceberg Lettuce. I add only Jalapeños. A burger to make a man cry for the lack of.

KARL! You're gonna make all those yanks go out in the snow and cook! But as Karl mentioned, it ain't long 'til it's done and there is a great smelling wood fire right in front of you. :clown:clown:clown

Ummmm, you caused me to sin, ...lust of the stomach,

...after church we bought some flank steak, marinated it for 2 1/2 hours, my bride made guacamole with avocados from our tree, cut a dozen corn tortillas into chips and fried them in oil, fried another dozen flat, stir-fried some sliced green, red and yellow bells and some sliced red onion, BBQed the flank steak, cut it across the grain into very small pieces, ...spread some guacamole on the fried tortilla, added some beef, veggies, tomatoes, sour cream and voilà Cal-Mex tostada in Tahiti with corn chips and guacamole on the side, ...um, umm, good!

Thank Bill or the inspiration,

Blessings

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back