Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs One awesome photograph! What is it?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Brethren, let's stick to the OP and not personal attacks. Thanks.
Yeah! You know...at times we behave like football fans from different football clubs. Which club are you? There must be differences tho...not unto royal rumble :biggrin

It seems to me that those who appear to have the most steadfast beliefs actually fight this picture more than any others. I truly have no problem with that, and honestly I admire it. I don't understand, and I'm not searching for an explanation.

Most of the people I know believe in God. They pray, they obey, and at least on the outside are genuine and kind people. They see a picture of what they interpret as an angel; they have increased confidence in their God (and yes, I am making this personal, as we all at least should have a personal relationship with our God) this my opinion.

I'm not really sure what you mean by getting lost in signs. People I have shown look at it and say wow, they carry on with, as silly as it may sound to some - renewed confidence and hope that things aren't as bad as they seem, for He is out there. Pretty much as I had done for 5 years, until I decided to draw my interpretation of what I saw. That was when I ran the image through a photo program or two and came up with this:

This is a fairly small piece of the wing. This gif image I created rotates through the original piece after I put it through a find line filter and then tweaked its color and hue. The next few pieces which rotate simply show where I followed existing lines. I have highlighted a few of the things I first saw. Wheels. Eyes. Creatures.
So I named this piece 'Ezekiel'.

I have a strong feeling that I will be shot down in flames for this one, but that's okay... as far as I'm concerned, this isn't between myself and any of you anyway.

Keep in mind this is but a small piece after some filters. I'll be happy to upload a couple slices of the original gray mist image to let any of you do with it what you may. Something tells me that even if some of you see the things I have pointed out, or even discover things in another piece I share - you will then probably refuse to believe these things appeared in a photograph of what looks like an angel; it'll probably boil down to somehow I fabricated it. Well gentlemen, and ladies if there are any present, this is as it came to me.

View attachment 2707

:confused So you and Davies were admiring one another?

I think looking at a blown up part of the picture for an even deeper meaning may be looking for signs. I don't really think we will start calling you a liar for your analysis.

I have a mental illness and I saw meaning in things like slogans on products. I also thought people were conspiring against me so this is where I am coming from.

I understand Gordon, and thanks for explaining that. When I started looking deeper into the picture I was looking for some hints to help me draw an angelic being, nothing more. I was not expecting everything that was in there; after changing the photos colors I was quite fascinated in what I saw. This is why I simply traced the lines inside and I think they kind of speak for themselves. Believe it or not, it took me weeks to admit to myself there was actually stuff inside of the picture. I thought I may have been going out of my mind - but it appears I was able to pull some of my friends into whatever psychosis I was experiencing... then they began showing me things. There is a point where coincidences stop (if you are one to even believe in them to begin with) and attention should be paid.

I am having some trouble in understanding how you are trying to come across so I will assume the best. When I was very ill I thought angels were trying to make themselves known to me. All throughout my illness not one person told me I need to seek mental health. I was thinking very strange stuff and it all seemed to make sense to me. Do you think this is going on?

I am having some trouble in understanding how you are trying to come across so I will assume the best. When I was very ill I thought angels were trying to make themselves known to me. All throughout my illness not one person told me I need to seek mental health. I was thinking very strange stuff and it all seemed to make sense to me. Do you think this is going on?
Gordon, thanks for being open and honest, and that is all I am trying to do here. I assure you there is no alternative or underlying theme to what I say. I certainly am not poking at you for what you admitted to going through; I have questioned my own mental state more than once when it comes to this thing.

Honestly Gordon, I have no idea what is going on here. I took a picture. I'm an amateur photographer (who has made a decent amount of money at photographing weddings and portraits over the last decade.. all part time with no storefront or anything like that).

I'm experienced enough to know what this thing isn't. And that is what drives me.

All the things people spout off about this thing, I've already thought. It took me nearly five years before I even dug deeper into the photograph, what does that tell you? (for the record, I'm not too sure what it even tells me, except that I wasn't in any hurry to just jump up and down screaming at the world - hey, look at me!) To be brutally honest, at the outset I never even wanted to use my real name when I decided to write about this and share it. Is that then denying my God? I knew what was in store for me, I knew what kind of people the Lord would put in front of me. I knew and yet here I am.

I've never once told people what it is. I've never really even told people what I think it to be. I just want to show others so they can decide for themselves. Truth is subjective, like all things. It's about interpretation.

When the things inside the photograph started being revealed to me, that is when I knew I had to share. For reasons not understood by me, at all, I feel God kept me from showing this to the world until I knew what was going on with it. Maybe this is a test all the way around. A test for me. A test for everyone else. Indeed Gordon, God sees. God sees everything and everyone. He knows what is in our hearts and souls. He knows I am trying to share something grand He put here; He gave it to me for a reason. You and I are conversing for a reason. Those so quick to judge are doing so for a reason. None of these are my reasons mind you. I hope all souls are saved but it isn't up to me (and I am speaking generally here. This picture has very little to do with that- so please, do not believe that I am putting any weight in this picture other than to share what it expresses). All I am saying is God is aware, and people shouldn't think for a second He isn't.

When it comes to an angel, or angelic beings - is there a blueprint we can compare this picture to? No. Is there a diagram which expresses exactly what to expect when encountering an angel? No. People with an open mind and heart (even when it comes to God) would - in my opinion - express interest in anything having to do with the subject, and not gun down those who do. That is sad. Take it for what it's worth, I'd love to share all of my discoveries from this photograph, but people close their eyes to it; I can't even get them past the cover.

What is really sad is that in this picture, in the artwork - God, and the Son of God both are crying. I have begun to learn why.

Please feel free to carry on with this conversation Gordon, I like conversing with you (and anyone else who isn't here to criticize me). Not to sound corny, but what would Jesus do? Without trying to sound like I know the answer to that, because I don't - something tells me that Jesus wouldn't criticize those who try to come closer to God.

Peace ~

Hi Timmy,

I am glad you are not poking fun at me cause mental health really isn't something to make fun of. I just notice you are going through similar things to me before I became very ill. You have taken something unusual that you should question but making it have all kinds of other meaning.

Before I became very ill I woke up at the exact same time 5 nights in a row. This time also had significance in new age. I had no explanation for how this happened. I took it mean angels were trying to communicate with me. Then I started to see myself as on a mission from God. I started to see most people as opposed to me and my mission. I started coming up with angel names for my journal that I felt angels led me to pick.

I kept questioning my own sanity all throughout but I always came to the conclusion well if there is no explanation this must all be true. I wish I had sought mental health sooner as I would still have a lot of relationships I lost as a result of my illness.

If things seem much different for you now then they did a while ago there is a good reason. Reality hasn't changed. Either you aren't thinking healthy now or you weren't thinking health then. I believe you aren't thinking healthy now man. I wish someone had said this to me before I became very ill it would have saved me so much pain. Please really take this to heart and at least get the opinion of a doctor to what you are thinking. With love man.

If the photographer would be kind enough to link to a hi-resolution copy of the image, I'm sure I could get a better idea of what the fuzzy light patch was caused by. Or if I couldn't, I know some guys who can.

My long reply go tlost in cyberspace,and it was a long one, perhaps long winded,I do not know.

Here is another,shorter version:
There are five reasons why taking this image as anything else is wrong

One has to do with the purpose of God.Why did God permit this?
Another has to do with logic. Simply put,you make an unwarranted leap of logic,called "begging the question" and you do not realize it.
Next is the nature of the properties of beings in the supernatural world
Fourth is the comparison between the nature of photography;it takes an image of what existed in a particular instant.
Last is the nature of demonic beings.
2Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. 2001 (2 Co 11:13–15). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

The Bible tells us that the demonic beings (fallen angels) are full of pride, wanting to exalt themselves.
I choose to not get into much detail for good reason; the supernatural realm is NOT a place to go spiritually unprepared,of with self confidence.

I could also go into photography and analyze it as to why it is not a good picture, but if you know much about photography, having a large depth of field caused by a small f/stop combined slow shutter speed (1/8 sec), in darkness is recipe for a disastrous image.

I intuit that you are a new Christian, and may be easily led astray. (At one time, all of us were that way) You should seek answers from this experience. Pray to Holy Spirit,the Revealer of Truth that He glorify the Son by teaching you the purpose and reasons why you got caught up in this. For sure,He will answer you in His unique way, and at His unique time..

I could also go into photography and analyze it as to why it is not a good picture, but if you know much about photography, having a large depth of field caused by a small f/stop combined slow shutter speed (1/8 sec), in darkness is recipe for a disastrous image.

So, no chance of that hi-res image coming forward, um?

I intuit that you are a new Christian,

About 53 years, this June.

and may be easily led astray. (At one time, all of us were that way)

Fuzzy photos, for example. It's an old game.

You should seek answers from this experience. Pray to Holy Spirit,the Revealer of Truth that He glorify the Son by teaching you the purpose and reasons why you got caught up in this.

That's easy. Nothing bothers me more than a bad argument for something I know is true.

For sure,He will answer you in His unique way, and at His unique time..

All of us. Keep that in mind, um?

Somehow it appeared that I was responding to your post, Barbarian. I meant to direct it to the OP, and the subject at hane.

So, no chance of that hi-res image coming forward, um?

To have a clear, hi res image from a blurred picture is difficult.

About 53 years, this June.
Good for you, but again, I was referring back to Timmy G

Fuzzy photos, for example. It's an old game.
The Shroud of Turin, Fatima, Lourdes are similar examples,and I am NOT trying to violate the ToS by using these as examples and appearing to be "anti-catholic".

That's easy. Nothing bothers me more than a bad argument for something I know is true.
HUH??
Are you supporting what Timmy is hinting about, that this is an image of a supernatural being?

All of us. Keep that in mind, um?
Again, your response is bewildering. Please clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back