Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Only 2 Churches ...in the World Today

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jay T

In the world of today, the Bible describes 2 churches:
#1.) Roman Catholic Church
#2.) Seventh Day Adventist church

All the other churches, fall into one or the other catagory.
There is no 3rd choice.

This is based on the Bible Principle, of Romans 6:16.......
"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness ?"

Both claim to be Christian churches.

In Revelation chapters 2 and 3, Jesus is addressing the 7 churches. Why didn't He just address the 2 churches? :-?

Jay T said:
In the world of today, the Bible describes 2 churches:
#1.) Roman Catholic Church
#2.) Seventh Day Adventist church

All the other churches, fall into one or the other catagory.

My soul - after almost two years of off and on posting I thought I've heard it all :o

Are you talking about the church, which is his body, in Ephesians? Or are you talking about just a local congregation - if the latter then #2 fits in. If the church of Ephesians then sorry - missed that one I'm afraid :oops:

Who needs Happy Days reruns? :-D

God bless

In case anyone is wondering, I'm pretty sure that what Jay T is saying is that all churches outside of the SDA church worship on Sunday, a RCC construct. Therefore, we all vicariously belong to the RCC, with the obvious implication being that we are not Christians, no one is outside of the SDA church.

So if you happen to worship on Sunday, then you are Catholic??!!

MW

Worshiping a DAY!

Free said:
In case anyone is wondering, I'm pretty sure that what Jay T is saying is that all churches outside of the SDA church worship on Sunday, a RCC construct. Therefore, we all vicariously belong to the RCC, with the obvious implication being that we are not Christians, no one is outside of the SDA church.
In the sense that the RCC worships SunDAY, SDAs worship SaturDAY,
makes the latter the 'daughter' of the former. (SDAs would hate to admit
that!!!) God, gave a 'day' to worship HIM, as a 'test'. (Ex20:20) Sabbath
is not meant to honor the DAY -- rather a symbol of God's creation.
All things were created by and for HIM, through the SON! Forgetting
this principal is the chief cause for the multitude of churches we see today.

Bible -- 'in the world today' --
Judy said:
In Revelation chapters 2 and 3, Jesus is addressing the 7 churches. Why didn't He just address the 2 churches?
......Restin

element80 said:
You mean you haven't read the Bible....about such a thing as that ?

Those who worship the Beast, and those who do 'not' worship the beast....Revelation 14:9-12.....
14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

VERSUS.....

14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Jay T said:
element80 said:

of course not, why would I do something like that? [/sarcasm]

So basically, you're equating the RCC chruch with sin and death, and the SDA chruch with obedience and righteousness? Is the saturday/sunday worhsip thing the only difference between the two, or are there other criteria, too? Please clarify.

element80 said:
Jay T said:
element80 said:

of course not, why would I do something like that? [/sarcasm]

So basically, you're equating the RCC chruch with sin and death, and the SDA chruch with obedience and righteousness? Is the saturday/sunday worhsip thing the only difference between the two, or are there other criteria, too? Please clarify.
Yes, there are a few other things that mainline Christian churches have retained, from the 'mother' church.
#1.) The Immortal soul doctrine....
#2.) The 'Rapture' theory....
#3.) Eternally-burning Hell-fire....

To name but a few.

rapture theory? Are you saying that there won't be a rapture?

Jay T said:
Yes, there are a few other things that mainline Christian churches have retained, from the 'mother' church.
#1.) The Immortal soul doctrine....
#2.) The 'Rapture' theory....
#3.) Eternally-burning Hell-fire....

To name but a few.

To name but a few indeed. What about the Trinity? The deity of Jesus? The deity and personality of the Holy Spirit? Monotheism? The infallibility and inerrancy of Scripture? The safe keeping and translation of Scripture?

Or are you only against those things that you personally disagree with?

element80 said:
Since the word 'Rapture' is not found in scripture.......Rapture, No........Christ's 2nd coming, OH Yes !

And believe me.....there is a great difference, between the two.

The word 'Trinity' isn't in Scripture either. :-?

Free said:
The word 'Trinity' isn't in Scripture either. :-?
Good point !

But, we know thee are 3 persons in the Godhead, because each of them are mentioned, by name, with the complete description of each individual.

As to the Rapture theory, there are things that the vast majority of the Christian world is saying, that is 'not' found in scripture.......such as.....
Christ coming to take the saints to heaven, while leaving the rest of humanity on the earth, to go thru (endure) a 7 year Tribulation period.

Jesus Christ warned Christians 4 times....in Matthew 24.....not to be deceived, on the point of His 2nd coming, YET they are !

Matthew 24:37 "But as the days of Noah [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
24:41 Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come".

QUESTION: When the flood came....was not one group saved...and the other group lost ?

Was there a 2nd chance, for those who were caught in the flood ?

Jay T said:
element80 said:
Since the word 'Rapture' is not found in scripture.......Rapture, No........Christ's 2nd coming, OH Yes !

And believe me.....there is a great difference, between the two.

I agree, there is. The second coming refers to when Christ returns to the Earth at the end of the Tribulation. The rapture is referring to 1 Thess. 4:13-18 which talks about Christians being "caught up together with them [the dead in christ] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." The word rapture is just the term the churhc has given to refer to this event (this is not the second coming, becuase Christ never actually comes to the earth, we meet him in the air).

element80 said:
The rapture is referring to 1 Thess. 4:13-18 which talks about Christians being "caught up together with them [the dead in christ] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air."
Did you forget that the is only 'one'....resurrection of the dead, in Christ ? Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Which fits with....
4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So, I ask you......where is it mentioned that there is 'any 2nd' resurrection of the dead in Christ ...after, the Tribulation period ?

The word rapture is just the term the churhc has given to refer to this event (this is not the second coming, becuase Christ never actually comes to the earth, we meet him in the air).[/quote]
The proper understanding of both of these Bible verse put together...show that Christ comes...to gather his people...'AFTER' the Tribulation.

Now, notice this in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3........
2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,
2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Did you see it ?

The Anti-Christ must be revealed first....before Christ comes for his people....

It was not my intention to start a debate on the issue of the rapture. It is not an important doctrinal issue, as the timing of Christ's return, be it pre- or post-tribulation, should ahve no effect on the way a Christian lives. To get into an argument over it is useless, and only creates division. I will discuss this matter no further.

element80 said:
It was not my intention to start a debate on the issue of the rapture. It is not an important doctrinal issue, as the timing of Christ's return, be it pre- or post-tribulation, should ahve no effect on the way a Christian lives.

Then, why did Jesus warn us sooo... many times about this very subject !

4 times alone in Matthew, once again on 2 Thessalonians

element80 said:
It was not my intention to start a debate on the issue of the rapture. It is not an important doctrinal issue, as the timing of Christ's return, be it pre- or post-tribulation, should ahve no effect on the way a Christian lives. .
Dispite the fact, that Jesus warned people sooo...may times, about this ver subject ?

But, as it is written: "satan, which deceives the [whole] world", (Revelation 12:9).

The Christian world rejects, the words of God just as the world did in Noah day....as it is written: "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the day of the coming of the son of man", (Matthew 24:37).

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back