Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Operation Iron Snare

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I hate the police force. As far as I am concerned they are all just a bunch of self righteous people who justify their lies and agression. Nevermind what the Bible says about trusting in God, the police force has got to be sneaky to get things done. They are trained in lies and agression, there'll be no use for them in the world to come.

Police Lure Wanted Suspects With Promise Of Free Football Tickets (VIDEO)

I hope they are patting themselves on the back now because that's all the reward that they're ever going to get, except for maybe some old garbage medal or accolades that they've heaped onto one another for a job "well done". Truly, they are receiving their rewards now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what? You don't think Machiavellian tactics are ever permissible even when the ones using them are in the right?

18Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left.

19And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.

20Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?

21And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.

22Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee. -2 Chronicles 18:18-22

When I read the OP, I was expecting to be connected to a story that showed ugly police brutality on innocent victims...

Instead, it showed the police using trickery to catch up with some of the lowest of the low...deadbeat guys who don't support their children.

“Everyone on the list we are seeking for unpaid child support is at least $30,000 and up to $75,000 behind in child support payments,†[LSCO Major Tommy] Carter said.

WRBL News 3
Sorry, using some trickery against a guy who owes his children $30,000 in child support...I don't have a problem with it. Nor a shred of sympathy for any guy who doesn't support his kids.

My brother-in-law is a guy whose had his fair share of problems in life...and somehow managed to father 5 kids by 3 different women. He's now 56. He's worked hard, sometimes up to three jobs when necessary and paid every penny needed in child support as well as "extras". He also visits his kids, and if any of the mothers have any troubles, especially with his teen sons, he'll go over and support her and make the kids obey her. The guy has had his problems...but I've always respected the fact that he has always supported his kids and not just with the money either.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Romans 13: 3-4
For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.

So what? You don't think Machiavellian tactics are ever permissible even when the ones using them are in the right?

18Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left.

19And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.

20Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?

21And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.

22Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee. -2 Chronicles 18:18-22

Ezekiel:14:7: For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:
Ezekiel:14:8: And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Ezekiel:14:9: And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

I think that if God has deceived a prophet, then maybe it was because that prophet had strayed from the faith in the first place. But that's another issue. The point is that I don't doubt for a second that God is in charge, and I believe that the police force was put into place by God. I also believe that now the police force is severely corrupted and ready to force the mark of the beast on people.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that satanism was rampant among police agencies. I could be wrong but I don't think serious satanists get into being on the outside of where the power is. That is to say that I think that they like to rise up in power, it gives them control over things, worldly things.

Have you noticed that the police are becoming more demanding and brutal towards people? I know that there are times when the police seem good and helpful. But that seems to me to be just a tactic that's being used to gain control of the situation, and to justify the evil that's being done.

I wonder if there will be a police force for this new world order thing they keep talking about. I suspect that there will be. Will they be peaceful and just? I trow not.

I'm sure you'd be more than welcome in the police-less states of Central and South America... If you detest the police then go live in one of the countries that doesn't have a police force. I'm sure you will come back within the week with your tail between your legs begging for a good old police man to look out for you so you don't have to look out for yourself every second of every day.

And seriously you are trying to use a bunch of low-lifes to justify your hatred of police?

When I read the OP, I was expecting to be connected to a story that showed ugly police brutality on innocent victims...

Instead, it showed the police using trickery to catch up with some of the lowest of the low...deadbeat guys who don't support their children.

Sorry, using some trickery against a guy who owes his children $30,000 in child support...I don't have a problem with it. Nor a shred of sympathy for any guy who doesn't support his kids.

My brother-in-law is a guy whose had his fair share of problems in life...and somehow managed to father 5 kids by 3 different women. He's now 56. He's worked hard, sometimes up to three jobs when necessary and paid every penny needed in child support as well as "extras". He also visits his kids, and if any of the mothers have any troubles, especially with his teen sons, he'll go over and support her and make the kids obey her. The guy has had his problems...but I've always respected the fact that he has always supported his kids and not just with the money either.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Romans 13: 3-4
For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.

I really am refering to the spirit of these people.

I realize that there are "deadbeat" dads out there, and that's a different subject for a different thread.

But, if you want to talk about police brutality, then there are plenty of stories on that subject that would fit in just fine here. I'm sure there's no shortage of these types of news stories to be found from across the nation.

This is on another subject, but, the passage from 1Timothy5:8, I think that's talking about widows and not your wife and kids. And in the case of child support, a lot of times that money goes to the "ex" wife.

Well, I'm personally related to 3 police officers...two of them are sheriff's deputies. I also personally know our sheriff and two of the deputies here in our county, as well as two of Emmett's finest....all are Christians. Nary a satanist in the bunch.

They have a tough job. My one nephew, he had to transport Joesph Duncan III to and from his jail cell to the courthouse during the trial...and after the trial and after Duncan was sent off to death row, he was able to tell some of the crap he was subject to...having to listen to Duncan brag about how he tortured and killed 9-year-old Dylan Groene...how he enjoyed raping little Shasta Groene...my nephew, who has kids of his own...had to listen to that and not smash the guy's mouth in. Duncan...he was the one controlled by Satan, not my nephew.

I'm not saying that there are not bad cops...but most cops are good guys with a tough job that deserve our respect and support.

ronniechoate said:
I realize that there are "deadbeat" dads out there, and that's a different subject for a different thread.

But that was the target of the sting operation that got you riled up enough to start this thread. :confused You were the one who linked up to the story of the police luring these deadbeats in with a trick and then arresting them.

gee, i am a criminal, and lo i used to steal.

jason stole from the state of lousiana , a whole year of unemployment.

jason aslo stole from aafes which by bad back.

jason stole from his own parents.

jason was not a nice man, he was a sinner and thief and sorry indivual as a young adult. i neither robbed by gun point nor by knive, but by bad checks or conning you.

if the cops set me up and your were my victim, would you feel any compassion for me?

i dont think so, justice served.

that jason is dead, he died back in 1996. repented and stole no more. repaid those that found him.

Getting busted going after something for nothing how fitting. A guy dont want X to use the $$$ think before you play.

:salute to most the men in Blue

Well, I'm personally related to 3 police officers...two of them are sheriff's deputies. I also personally know our sheriff and two of the deputies here in our county, as well as two of Emmett's finest....all are Christians. Nary a satanist in the bunch.

They have a tough job. My one nephew, he had to transport Joesph Duncan III to and from his jail cell to the courthouse during the trial...and after the trial and after Duncan was sent off to death row, he was able to tell some of the crap he was subject to...having to listen to Duncan brag about how he tortured and killed 9-year-old Dylan Groene...how he enjoyed raping little Shasta Groene...my nephew, who has kids of his own...had to listen to that and not smash the guy's mouth in. Duncan...he was the one controlled by Satan, not my nephew.

I'm not saying that there are not bad cops...but most cops are good guys with a tough job that deserve our respect and support.

I agree. I grew up hating the police, but when I needed them, they were there for me. It would be a general fallacy to say that all police are all bad. There are some very good ones who grow up rough and decide to dedicate their lives to protecting their neighborhoods and towns.

and add that fact that if that dirt bag was in solitary or other population in jail, he may have well decided to throw human waste at the officers. and those officers depending on the state cant just repay the favor. in my state those precious innocent men behind the bars get the beatdown.:biggrin

but only if the officer didnt walk away. if they do that they can open the cell and go in and repay the favor.

i see nothing wrong with that. i have in my recent training had that affect simulated to show that it does happen.

I'm sure you'd be more than welcome in the police-less states of Central and South America... If you detest the police then go live in one of the countries that doesn't have a police force. I'm sure you will come back within the week with your tail between your legs begging for a good old police man to look out for you so you don't have to look out for yourself every second of every day.

And seriously you are trying to use a bunch of low-lifes to justify your hatred of police?

I am not trying to use any people at all to justify my outrage at lies, and liars.

I already do look out for myself every second of every day. I plan on keeping my need for a policeman very low, and prayers will help me with that.

I am not saying that there aren't people on the force who have good intentions. I know that there are people who really want to do good on there. But....

Proverbs:14:12: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

And once again....

Proverbs:16:25: There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Had troubles with the "law" eh???

"I hate the police force. As far as I am concerned they are all just a bunch of self righteous people who justify their lies and agression."

Actually they're the Ministers to the unjust. Folks who don't bend or break the law don't have to worry about 'em. I assume you've tried to get away with something - and didn't.

"Nevermind what the Bible says about trusting in God, the police force has got to be sneaky to get things done."

Sure - why not??? The folks that they're AFTER are liars, "sneaky", and agressive.

"there'll be no use for them in the world to come."

True statement - but we're not IN the "Word to come" yet.

This is the PRESENT world, and it's Full of reprobate, morally corrupt, sinful filthy totally depraved humans. And the police come in really handy to control 'em. Like my daughter swore that she'd not had any alcohol, and the cops were "Sneaky" and "out to get her" (Except her blood test came back with a 1.8) - so who was being "sneaky"??? But she'd agree with you - she hates 'em too.

"Police Lure Wanted Suspects With Promise Of Free Football Tickets"

HEY - whatever works, y'all!!

But that was the target of the sting operation that got you riled up enough to start this thread. :confused You were the one who linked up to the story of the police luring these deadbeats in with a trick and then arresting them.

Nahh... That's not what bothered me. It's the level of deceit they used that bothers me. They even called out the news crews for it.

Lies really get to me.

Back