Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

OSAS The Truth

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You should not deliberately sin.You should do your best to be a faithful servant of Our Lord and Savior.You can not just say "I will go do this that is wrong but that is ok I am a Christian God will forgive me".That is mocking God and He does not like that.
A person could return if they wanted to, God is a god of many chances. People stumble all the time. God is a forgiving god.

I'm not talking about God's part, I'm talking about our part. A person can fall into sin to the point where they reject Him, these hold the truth in unrighteousness, it would have been better for these if they had never known. These are the ones whose hearts are so hardened they don't want to return to God, their hearts are filled with bitterness towards him.

Anyone can fall away, then feel conviction and come back into the fold.

Ok, I see what you're saying. It's the "forever" part that makes the difference. So is that what you believe the bible is saying when it mentions the falling away? That even though a falling away is taking place, there's always a chance that they will return to the fold?

Anyone can fall away, then feel conviction and come back into the fold.
Apostasy means to fall away, those are ones who were in the fold, but left. Jesus talked about the great Apostasy and he said many will fall away from the faith.

Yes, OSAS is the truth.

1 Peter 1:23;
"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God".

When you are truly born again, this imperishable seed is in us forever.
You cannot walk away from the living presence of God within you.
You have believed in Jesus, Romans 6:23; and this is God's gift in return.

1 Peter builds up our faith in God to help us bear this life as a Christian.
Those who take it to heart are truly born again.

Chopper

NO, OSAS isn't truth, it's a doctrine of man

Apostasy means to fall away, those are ones who were in the fold, but left. Jesus talked about the great Apostasy and he said many will fall away from the faith.
Well, I think Judas Iscariot is a classic example of an apostate, but I don't believe he was ever saved.

Only God knows, real answers.

As most of you know i do not take/have a side in this battle... I feel like a ping pong ball in this topic...
Your answer is about what i expected.... seems there are about 2 standard lines
God only knows and Uncle Mark was never really saved...

Scriptures for both sides can be posted...
I wonder if the question could/should ask this way.
Can one give up his salvation?

As most of you know i do not take/have a side in this battle... I feel like a ping pong ball in this topic...
Your answer is about what i expected.... seems there are about 2 standard lines
God only knows and Uncle Mark was never really saved...

Scriptures for both sides can be posted...
I wonder if the question could/should ask this way.
Can one give up his salvation?
That would be a good way to present the issue.

Something i never 'saw' until reading the Bible Study forum the other day..
Mat 8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Mat 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

The guy who went away from our Lord was a "disciple"... This guy knew the Lord he walked and talked with Jesus..
I am not equated knowing the man Jesus with salvation... This guy gave up his personal relationship with Christ...

Something i never 'saw' until reading the Bible Study forum the other day..
Mat 8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Mat 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

The guy who went away from our Lord was a "disciple"... This guy knew the Lord he walked and talked with Jesus..
I am not equated knowing the man Jesus with salvation... This guy gave up his personal relationship with Christ...
When Jesus said that to him, did he walk away? I don't see where he did.

Sending me on a search :)

Good ol Mat Henry

(2.) Christ's disallowing of this excuse (Mat_8:22); Jesus said to him, Follow me; and, no doubt, power accompanied this word to him, as to others, and he did follow Christ, and cleaved to him, as Ruth to Naomi, when the scribe, in the ...

Thanks for the wake up :)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back