Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pagans/Wiccans

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have to ask. What is it people have against Wiccans and Pagans?

I know many people who is of this religion, and each has explained it to me. It is not devil worship, and further more they do not believe in ANY FORM of devil. They worship the Earth as it is, and view their Gods and Goddesses as equals, that none is created better then another. They believe that whatever makes you happy is your business, be it gay marriage, or anything else of the such. Is the reason behind the accusation that the Christian religion is unwilling to accept something that they truly do not understand?

And with that, I repeat my original question: What is it people have against Pagans and Wiccans?

I know many people who is of this religion, and each has explained it to me. It is not devil worship, and further more they do not believe in ANY FORM of devil. They worship the Earth as it is, and view their Gods and Goddesses as equals, that none is created better then another. They believe that whatever makes you happy is your business, be it gay marriage, or anything else of the such. Is the reason behind the accusation that the Christian religion is unwilling to accept something that they truly do not understand?

And with that, I repeat my original question: What is it people have against Pagans and Wiccans?
Romans 1:18-32:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. 24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. (ESV)

We are not to worship that which is created; we are to worship the Creator alone. As for "whatever makes you happy is your business," that has some serious implications and is not a rule one ought to live by.

They worship the Earth as it is, and view their Gods and Goddesses as equals, that none is created better then another.
John 14:6---Jesus said to him, "I am THE way, and THE truth, and THE life; no one comes to the Father, but through me." NASB-caps are mine

I don't see any sense in worshipping anything except the one true way. Do you?
Westtexas

The below constitutes my personal views and is probably not the views for most of the members here.

First, lets separate the terms pagan and wiccan. Pagan is a term for all
polytheistic faiths, while wicca is a distinct form of paganism. Wiccans specifically I have a problem with, as they are a hedonistic people. The "whatever makes you happy" attitude is inherently selfish as it allows corruption to infect whatever society houses that faith. No society that is majority wiccan could ever be a successful and happy society. Secondly, I find them absolutely ridiculous. It's a pseudo-faith, they simply claim everything that is Abrahamic as their own. You claim Celtic gods, Germanic gods, Latin gods, Hindu gods, etc., etc., etc.

Contrast them with Asatru, for example. The Asatru are more selective and are far more educated about their own faith. Instead of the ridiculously shallow knowledge of their own faith held by Wiccans, Asatru are expected to study. They are expected to read the Eddas as much as Christians are expected to read the Bible. They are also more conservative than wiccans, they actually care about more than the self. It's too bad they're so misguided, they'd make good Christians if they could only find Jesus.

Then there are of course other conservative faiths like Hinduism and Shinto. These are also not so selfish as wicca. Once again, they are lost unless they change their ways, but I can get along with them fine. I can get along with most pagans, but I have issues with wiccans. That said I do have a couple of pagan friends, but we are no longer close (since I found Jesus) and I've always found them to be fairly ridiculous.

Wicca is a false religion. BAM--there it is. I tend to think its just watered down, wishy-washy, feel-good Satanism, but maybe that's just me. I don't have anything against Wiccans, although I do find their religion to be false, self-indulgent, and terribly boring.

the difference is we cannot have a meaningful relationship with mother earth, the cosmos or the wardrobe monkey. We are free to give worship to whoever and whatever we want to....The question is, if we have a spiritual desire, a yearning to find where we fit in and crave the answer to the big question.. Why are we here?... we can do much worse than genuinely asking the God of whole creation.. the maker of all things good..the real creator who he is...Christians call it prayer but its just talking to God knowing that he listens. Ask him a question and don't be shocked that if you believe he will be faithful and you will get an answer. If you don't want God to exist then he will oblige you too and not show himself.

People tend to not have anything against pagans or wiccans in general. In Christianity any religion that isn't centered around Jesus as the path to salvation is a false religion/way. All Pagan religions are polytheistic and include the worship of either Idols or other gods. This is directly against Christian/Jewish doctrine. Occasionally you get the person who can't separate a person from their religion, but most people are usually sensible enough to not do this. Unless there is a lot of misinformation distributed with the intent of causing drama.

What's the problem with wiccans? Do they believe John 14:6 for example?

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

I didn't think so.

I love even my enemies (KJV Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;) but I also worship only the one true God! Evil/sin is my enemy as christian.

Also sadly a christian friend came to me with concerns about small group of christian's who are mixing wicca or something similar to it with bible studies and worship services. They are speaking in multiple conflicting tongues and ridiculing mourners all while stating nature will give them the peace and power to heal because they have dreamed it or been taught this by others. This does not seem to be Godly truth in anyway, but evil deception as it does not edify. This was witnessed by myself and my friends at different times and still continues to varying degrees and yes we did lovingly object.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love even my enemies (KJV Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;) but I also worship only the one true God! Evil/sin is my enemy as christian.

Also sadly a christian friend came to me with concerns about small group of christian's who are mixing wicca or something similar to it with bible studies and worship services) they are speaking in multiple conflicting tongues and ridiculing mourners all while stating nature will give them peace and power to heal because they have dreamed it or been taught this by others. This does not seem to be Godly truth in anyway, but evil deception as it does not edify. This was witnessed by myself and my friends at different times and still continues to varying degrees and yes we did lovingly object.

I think love of enemies is referring to personal enemies.

Matthew 5:44:But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

YOUR - Not anybody else's enemies or the government's enemies.

If Your enemies are everyone who is no a Christian say a pagan....

2 Corinthians 6:14:Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

IN FACT...

Psalm 139:21-22:21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

We are supposed to hate God's enemies....

but most Christians will probably find ways around that....

I am going to answer this from my own experience meeting them. As people I like them and find them refreshingly open minded at times.

There is this creepy thing I find when I get near them sometimes. It is like an inner foreboding to get away. In some of the stores I get that too.

I cant work out if it is learned superstition or the lord reminding me this is not good.

I have had it on forums a few times where i get a bad feeling about someone and check a profile and they are wicca or occult and that's usually why.

I do think the earth religions are shrouded in a lot of superstition. That probably doesn't help them any with getting universal acceptance.

Well what I have against the religion (not the people) is that it is a false religion. Jesus the WAY and the TRUTH.

OK, I will take a stab at this one. I have studied some and admire other religions. Most specifically Native American spirituality (which could be termed as pagan?) and the Tao which is more of a philosophy than an actual religion although some groups have based an actual religion from Lao Tzu's teachings.

Do I incorporate these in my faith? No. Christ is my savior. His word is my way.

2 Corinthians 6:14:Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

What does fellowship and communion mean here? I take it to mean an exchange of spiritual ideas from two or more camps of differing religions. I'm cool with that. Will I incorporate this into my spirituality? No. Christ's word is complete but I respect the right of the other to practice their religion in peace free of scorn and derision.

Psalm 139:21-22:21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Did Christ preach hatred? If he did, I must have missed that one. Living in hatred is living in darkness. I said this before in another thread, hatred is the life blood of Satan. Unconditional love is our goal always as Christians. Samaritans were hated by the ruling class Jews as backwards befoulers of the law yet Jesus uses them as an example of mercy and kindness in his Good Samaritan parable. Jesus himself was a Jew and he did not come to abolish the law of the prophets, he came to fulfill them.

Both passages taken literally as some do would make it awful hard to hold a job or generally mingle in public, wouldn't it?

Wicca is a false religion. BAM--there it is. I tend to think its just watered down, wishy-washy, feel-good Satanism, but maybe that's just me. I don't have anything against Wiccans, although I do find their religion to be false, self-indulgent, and terribly boring.

How would you know it? Because the Bible tells it so? With the Bible you could condemn all sort of people you don't like.
I'm a Christian but interesting in Wicca.
What would YOU think, if I call Christianity a false religion? Would it hurt/harm you? So, it could be harmfull for Pagans, if you disrespect their faith.

What's the problem with wiccans? Do they believe John 14:6 for example?
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
I didn't think so.

They are many ways to God. Or did you think that Jews, Muslims, Pagans, all sort of religion (except Christianity) is condemned and bad? What would our Lord says to this thinking?

They are many ways to God. Or did you think that Jews, Muslims, Pagans, all sort of religion (except Christianity) is condemned and bad? What would our Lord says to this thinking?
There are not many ways to God. There is one way and that is through Jesus Christ as he is revealed in the Bible.

they are if they dont repent at the cross.

besides if islam is correct and judiasm who is lying? both contradict each other on abraham and isreal and who got what.

not to mention christianity. jesus claimed he was GOD that was and is blasphemy in the torah. so either he was lying or he was GOD.

There are not many ways to God. There is one way and that is through Jesus Christ as he is revealed in the Bible.

This is, what you believe. But this is not what all folks believe.

You have the right to think whatever you want to believe. The same right is entitled to others. It is deeply un-American to dictate or to tell h to others that they must change their faith. Our founding fathers would turn round in their gravse, if they would see what the USA have turned into. All of them saw Christianity very negatively (e.g. John Adams & Ben Franklin). Why? Perhaps because bigotry and hate had brought them into the new world?

He would say "I am THE way, and THE truth, and THE life; no one comes to the Father, BUT THROUGH ME" (John 14:6-NASB-Caps are mine)

Still praying for you Furz, Westtexas

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back