Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pentacostals

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Rose

the Roman Catholics and the Mormons say they are the apostolic church as well, just what makes you think that they are not the reall ones while you are the fake ones.

And I tell you what those charasmatic guys love the Lord too, dear. Amybe more then you do, what is the critera that you call them fake by, what is your basis for judging them in this way.

Where I was??? LOL you really think that the specific church matters, get over that silly stuff, the doctrine and theology is the issue, you do not want to hear it, btu the problem is not a cngregation it ithe onenss theology.

Which by the way the apostles did not teach, the aposltes were tritnitarian, though they did not use that word, they did not beleive in a modolstic God and you had the guts to read the bible past the prescribed verses your teachers gaveto you, you would see that.

No the place was not the problem the false theology was and is and will be untill it is finally done away with and the truth stands firm.

In re: to Rose of Sharon, I'm confused as to what an Apostolic church is, what denomination is it? It might be something I'd be interested in. Because I will never go to a Charismatic or Pentecostal church again. I'm still recovering from years of abuse from various churches of those types. I cringe when I flip the stations & one of the TBN preachers comes on. I want a simple relationship with God without all the frivolity.
:B-fly:

IndiaInk said:
In re: to Rose of Sharon, I'm confused as to what an Apostolic church is, what denomination is it? It might be something I'd be interested in. Because I will never go to a Charismatic or Pentecostal church again. I'm still recovering from years of abuse from various churches of those types. I cringe when I flip the stations & one of the TBN preachers comes on. I want a simple relationship with God without all the frivolity.

________

In reply to IndiaInk;

It is an organization called the United Pentecostal Church International.
It is an Apostolic church. We believe in what the apostles taught from the book of Acts.
You wouldn't have to worry about flipping to any channel on tv to see us, we do not beleive in tv. And we don't have much frivolity to speak of. Just plain simple folks.
I have a simple relationship with Jesus that no one can take away.
There are many false teachers out there that will lie to you. It's really hard to find the truth with so many false doctrines that are out there. But the main thing is to beleive in God first , then read the book of Acts, because thats where you'll find salvation. Ask God to show you the truth, no matter what anyone tells you, even me. Although, I don't feel like I'am lying to you in the least. I KNOW who my savior is and how to find him, because I HAVE found him.
The church started on the Day of Pentecost with the infilling of the Holyghost.
Acts 2:38-39; Then Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized everyone of you In the NAME of Jesus Christ ( Not the titles, Father, Son and the Holyghost) for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holyghost.
verse 39; For the promise is unto you and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

This is the first apostolic sermon that Peter preached. You may be familiar with this passage since you've been around Pentecost, but it IS different with folks who are NOT Charasmatic. There IS a difference, no matter what anyone tells you. I've been in this for 35 years. I know what I'm talking about.
Please don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Charasmatic, but they are not interested in holiness and righteous living. I've been to the kind of churches you have described and know what you want from God and what you are talking of.
Well, If you're interested, please feel free to ask me anything.
Or just find a United Pentecostal Church in your area and visit. They will be very friendly to you.

God bless

P.S. Please feel free to PM me.

Dear Rose of Sharon, in your posting you stated
it's not the water alone that washes away our sins, it's the spiritual blood of the lamb.

There was nothing spiritual about the blood of Jesus, it was as red, wet and warm as the blood of any other human being!

evanman said:
Dear Rose of Sharon, in your posting you stated
it's not the water alone that washes away our sins, it's the spiritual blood of the lamb.

There was nothing spiritual about the blood of Jesus, it was as red, wet and warm as the blood of any other human being!

Yes of course we know that Jesus had red blood, and it was real blood just like a human. Jesus was a flesh and blood man. AND he was and is God.
When we are baptized in water we are washed in the spiritual blood of the lamb.

Rose of Sharon: So, the Pentecostal church that you're talking about, isn't that the one that doesn't believe in the Trinity? I get confused. They don't believe in TV? With all due respect, the last thing I need after all the church abuse my husband & I had received over the years, is another church with a list of do's & don'ts. I appreciated you trying to help me. Thanks.

IndiaInk said:
Rose of Sharon: So, the Pentecostal church that you're talking about, isn't that the one that doesn't believe in the Trinity? I get confused. They don't believe in TV? With all due respect, the last thing I need after all the church abuse my husband & I had received over the years, is another church with a list of do's & don'ts. I appreciated you trying to help me. Thanks.
It's just that when you receive the REAL Holyghost, you don't want to do the things that are contrary to God.

What KIND of abuse did you and your husband receive? IF you do not mind my asking so.

Vicjr said:
Spiritual blood of the lamb? :-? Where is THAT in the Bible? :-?

________

Have you not ever heard the song, "What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus." What can make me whole again, Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
"oh precious is the flow that makes me white as snow, no other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus." ?

Col 1: 14; In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins."

When we are baptized, our sins are washed away. They are spiritually washed away. Jesus paid the price with the shedding of his blood on Calvary.

1 John 1:7; " But IF we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

The blood is not litteral. It has to be spiritual. It was litteral when Jesus shed it, yes. But not now. We do not see real blood, it is spiritual.
Just as the communion cup does not have real blood in it.
It is spiritual, it is the symbolism of the blood, as is the wafer. It is just a wafer, not real flesh.

1 John 5:6; "This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the spirit that beareth witness, because the spirit is truth."

Rev 1:5;" And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood."

Jesus paid for our sins with his real human blood. Yes HUMAN BLOOD! Not something "like human blood" ACTUAL Human blood!

It was this blood that cleanses from sin--It continually speaks out eternally on the behalf of the repentant!

His sacrifice was "once and for all"!

Rose, yes I know that hymn well. It says nothing about His blood being spiritual. Neither does the Bible nor any other source I researched last night. Yes, I looked it up. Thought for a moment I might have missed something. I think you might be confusing spiritual with symbolic in this case. Just food for thought. :)

The true Gospel

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thous shalt be saved. (10)For with the heart man believeth unto rightousness; and with the mouth confessoin is made unto salvation.

Confess Jesus and believe, which is all that Jesus ever said we had to do. As for the blood of the Lord, well lets look at the bible.

Romans 3:25 God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Through FAITH in his blood, the key to all this is faith, we are not saved by doing something, but by beleiving and having faith in what he did for us.

Anyways, we could litterally post hundreds of verses, but the bottom line here that the blood of JEsus was shed for our sins, and the blood is applyed as they say, by faith in the Lord. Not by water batism or any other act we do.

Pauls uses Abraham as an example and reminds us that he was given rightouseness according to his faith in God, that he believed what God said and by that he was saved.

Rose of Sharon, the abuse my husband & I experienced went on for years from different non-denominational churches. I'll give a few mild examples. When my husband stopped doing the landscape work for the church, we were ignored by the Pastor & never treated the same after that. When we didn't tithe one week, he asked him to paint 2 rooms of the office when my husband had a full time job, no disagreeing with leadership in any way lest we be ignored by them & some members of the church, when our friends left we were told not to contact them. Then the rules: Only G rated movies, no secular music, even love songs, no associating with anyone who wasn't a Christian (to their standards), telling us who we could hang around with in the church, no reading secular books of any kind. This was only one church. The others were much worse. I know of some Christians who don't want to watch TV or do any of the no-no's I mentioned above, but we're living in the real world, we can't shut ourselves up in a box.

I know of some Christians who don't want to watch TV or do any of the no-no's I mentioned above, but we're living in the real world, we can't shut ourselves up in a box.
Amen. I for one, have canceled my calble. Don't really miss it al all. We must remember we are in this world, not of this world. Do as the Spirit guides you, not what some church tells you to do.

Vicjr said:
I know of some Christians who don't want to watch TV or do any of the no-no's I mentioned above, but we're living in the real world, we can't shut ourselves up in a box.
Amen. I for one, have canceled my calble. Don't really miss it al all. We must remember we are in this world, not of this world. Do as the Spirit guides you, not what some church tells you to do.

I for one do not want a tv. I can find out the world news on a radio, or a newpaper, or magazines.
I have no desire to watch tv. I'am IN the world , but do not HAVE to be OF the world. No one is holding a gun to my head to make me stop watching the tv. I do it on my own.
I want no evil thing set before my eyes as it says in Psalms 101:3.
There is plenty of evil on the tube and we all know it.

My Pastor does not tell us what we can and cannot do. He only preaches whats in the bible. If we disobey what the pastor preaches that is in the word, then we will not be doing right and could miss heaven.
We are to obey the man of God, as long as HE is teaching and preaching the word right.
If he is not, he will be found out sooner or later. God will reveal it to all.
No we cannot shut ourselves up, but we don't want to go against what God is displeased of either.
So, we have to pray and ask God to show us BY his word. Will it bring us closer to him or farther away?

There will be ALOT of lost folks just because of THINGS. AND other people.
Put God first and he will show you the way.

IndiaInk,
I still maintain that if you find a UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH that HAS a GOOD holiness standard, you will not go wrong.
Look at God, not the people.
Without holiness, NO MAN SHALL SEE THE LORD.
Without holiness there is no doctrine .

God bless

IndiaInk

I can understand those things I was in one church that would not let you ask questions, when I did question doctrine that did not line up with the bible, they practically attacked me. I asked the question in private then in public they grabbed me form the pew, and started praying really loud "Satan get out of him"

First of all I am saved Satan can not enter me, christians can not be possesed. Secondly the question I asked was how can they say that repented sinners who were not batised, those I mean that were on there very death beds would still go to hell?

This was the oneness church, I them went to trinitarian pentocostal church. I did alot of work there, I help build the new church, I tought classes, helped in the homeless programs and with the addicts (we had allot of street people).

But then I threw out my back and was down for three weeks or so, the pastor basically called me a liar and told my wife that I was in rebelion, and worse.

Since then I have been a church that is nothing like those two. So there are some good ones out there, just let God lead you to them, and understand that they are full of sinners, so perfection is not to be found.

Vicjr
I had cabel for one month years ago, but only becuase my wife wanted it, the first bill came I said GOOD BYE. Even before I was saved, I did not care much for tv.

I do like a few shows, and whatch what I get with an anteni. And I love to whatch documetaties. And of course can't miss Charles Stanley and James Kenendy on Sunday mornings before church.

TV is not all that good, but it is not all that bad either, like everything use decernment.

Rose said
"My Pastor does not tell us what we can and cannot do. He only preaches whats in the bible. If we disobey what the pastor preaches that is in the word, then we will not be doing right and could miss heaven."

This is amazing to me, they do have list of dos and don'ts. But as you see here they cloke it as being biblical, and what is worse is that not only do they tell you that you can lose heaven if you do not do the things they say, they teach that the those who do not obey then are lost already.

He only preaches what is in the bible, this is what they say, but is not true. They are not preaching the bible they are using it to controll memnbers.

If we disobey what the pastor preaches that is in the word, this is the same as above but now becomes a threat, you can not question him, if he tossed a few verses around it is as if he is speaking dirrectly for God.

I was told that to disobey a pastor in the oneness church was to rebell against God himnself, told this bay a oneness pastor and it is backed up by there own statments such are Roses here.

Then we will not be doing right and could miss heaven, that is totally heresy!!!! We are saved by grace not by our works, our salvation is secure in JEsus not in ourselves. We can not losse the gift of God that God has secured lest we would be more powerful then God.

And heres the reall kicker, doing the right thing is to follow the so called standards set up the by the oneness leaders, who use the bible as their sheild, saying that they are only teaching what GOD says, and to disobey them is to disobey HIM.

The threat is do what we tell you or you'll go to hell anyways.

Hey go into a oneness church, they all look the same, talk the same and act the same, God did not make us to be the same he made us all different for his good pleasure, and I would add that most wemon have made an idol of their own hair, they teach that it is there glory and that it is a reflection of their holiness, and so on.

But that also goes with dress style and so on. When ever you think that things make you holi you have made them into idols.

Anyways, the most important thing here is that Rose has said that if you do not do what the pastor says, then you may lose salvation, so we do good in fear of hell, not out of love for God, hmmm NO Thanks!!! I will take the true bible way.

Holiness is not a list of does and dont's.

I was a pentcostal for 3 years back in 1972-75.

I saw miracles happen, people healed, people spoke in strange tongues, etc, etc.

At the time, I thought that this was the 'real deal'.

After God made me into a SDA, because of a promise I made to him....he showed me where those miracles really were coming from.

In the Book of Revelation, there are scriptures that tells us that Satan, is in the process of deceiving the world, thru signs and miracles.

Revelation 13:14.....describes Satan as having the power...to create miracles....to deceive those upon the earth.

Revelation 16:13,14....tells us about devils performing miracles also.

And.....about frogs ?
Question: How do frogs catch their prey ?

Do they use their ...tongues ?

Is this what God is telling us, that the false gift of tongues will deceive many people ?

The problem of the vast majority of christians is that they don't follow the bible--they follow what men (and occasionally women) tell them.

They accept everything thrown at them from the Pulpit and wouldn't challenge a thing!

They love to have their ears tickled, they hate the truth!

Pastors allow heresy to fill the ears of their flocks!

These truly are the days of great apostacy!

evanman said:
The problem of the vast majority of christians is that they don't follow the bible--they follow what men (and occasionally women) tell them.

They accept everything thrown at them from the Pulpit and wouldn't challenge a thing!

evanman,

You are so right. I'm so glad that my Pastor teaches from the word and not his own convictions.

God bless

evanman said:

And that is the very reason that the vast majority of the Christian world holds Sunday worship services....because they do not study their Bibles.

Only a Bible-believing person understands that God set up the 7th day Sabbath ...as a sign as to who his true followers really are.

Jesus said: "BUT IN VAIN...do they worship me...teaching for doctrine, the commandments of men", (Matthew 15:9).

Sunday worship services have never been a command from God.....anywhere, in all the Bible.

Back