Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pentacostals

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
JayT --you seem very insistant concerning limiting a day for God's people to gather to Saturday!

If your group meet together after 6:00 pm on saturday this is NOT Shabbat!

As far as the church i lead, we meet together on several different days of the week including Shabbat.

We meet together on a Sunday as well as Monday, Thursday and Saturday!

On each occasion we meet with the same spirit and the same goal, to glorify the Lord and the edification of each other!

As the scriptures teach the first christians didn't meet ONLY on shabbat, they met daily!

evanman said:
JayT --you seem very insistant concerning limiting a day for God's people to gather to Saturday!
Did God not say: "REMEMBER...the Sabbath day...to keep 'it' Holy" ?

Only the people of God keep all the commandments of God, (Revelation 14:12).

1) Not everything that happens in church is of God. That lady could have been "putting on an act" and done that.

2) What is order? God doesn't want organized religion, then the Holy Ghost can't flow, he wants it to be able to flow, but with orgnaized religion he can't flow.

3) When in God's presence, our human body can't handle it.

4) Don't confuse being in God's presence with evil.

Julian Pyke said:
1) Not everything that happens in church is of God. That lady could have been "putting on an act" and done that.

2) What is order? God doesn't want organized religion, then the Holy Ghost can't flow, he wants it to be able to flow, but with orgnaized religion he can't flow.

3) When in God's presence, our human body can't handle it.

4) Don't confuse being in God's presence with evil.
Popular revivals are too often carried by appeals to the imagination, by exciting the emotions, by gratifying the love for what is new and startling. Converts thus gained have little desire to listen to Bible truth, little interest in the testimony of prophets and apostles.
Unless a religious service has something of a sensational character, it has no attractions for them.
A message which appeals to unimpassioned reason awakens no response. The plain warnings of God's word, relating directly to their eternal interests, are unheeded.

With every truly converted soul the relation to God and to eternal things will be the great topic of life. But where, in the popular churches of today, is the spirit of consecration to God? The converts do not renounce their pride and love of the world. They are no more willing to deny self, to take up the cross, and follow the meek and lowly Jesus, than before their conversion. Religion has become the sport of infidels and skeptics because so many who bear its name are ignorant of its principles. The power of godliness has well-nigh departed from many of the churches. Picnics, church theatricals, church fairs, fine houses, personal display, have banished thoughts of God. Lands and goods and worldly occupations engross the mind, and things of eternal interest receive hardly a passing notice.

Notwithstanding the widespread declension of faith and piety, there are true followers of Christ in these churches. Before the final visitation of God's judgments upon the earth there will be among the people of the Lord such a revival of primitive godliness as has not been witnessed since apostolic times. The Spirit and power of God will be poured out upon His children. At that time many will separate themselves from those churches in which the love of this world has supplanted love for God and His word. Many, both of ministers and people, will gladly accept those great truths which God has caused to be proclaimed at this time to prepare a people for the Lord's second coming. The enemy of souls desires to hinder this work; and before the time for such a movement shall come, he will endeavor to prevent it by introducing a counterfeit. In those churches which he can bring under his deceptive power he will make it appear that God's special blessing is poured out; there will be manifest what is thought to be great religious interest. Multitudes will exult that God is working marvelously for them, when the work is that of another spirit. Under a religious guise, Satan will seek to extend his influence over the Christian world.

In many of the revivals which have occurred during the last half century, the same influences have been at work, to a greater or less degree, that will be manifest in the more extensive movements of the future. There is an emotional excitement, a mingling of the true with the false, that is well adapted to mislead. Yet none need be deceived. In the light of God's word it is not difficult to determine the nature of these movements. Wherever men neglect the testimony of the Bible, turning away from those plain, soul-testing truths which require self-denial and renunciation of the world, there we may be sure that God's blessing is not bestowed.

And by the rule which Christ Himself has given, "Ye shall know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16), it is evident that these movements are not the work of the Spirit of God.

In the truths of His word, God has given to men a revelation of Himself; and to all who accept them they are a shield against the deceptions of Satan. It is a neglect of these truths that has opened the door to the evils which are now becoming so widespread in the religious world. The nature and the importance of the law of God have been, to a great extent, lost sight of. A wrong conception of the character, the perpetuity, and the obligation of the divine law has led to errors in relation to conversion and sanctification, and has resulted in lowering the standard of piety in the church. Here is to be found the secret of the lack of the Spirit and power of God in the revivals of our time.

There are, in the various denominations, men eminent for their piety, by whom this fact is acknowledged and deplored. Professor Edwards A. Park, in setting forth the current religious perils, ably says: "One source of danger is the neglect of the pulpit to enforce the divine law. In former days the pulpit was an echo of the voice of conscience. .

I am allitle confused with why you quoted me?

And I can say, in your post, where is the Holy Spirit (You said something what church is tehre that let's God flow?)

Well I can answer! I know he is in my church. We are Spirit filled and on Fire for God. It's a Non-Denominational church and "like a rock."

I'm not saying it's the best in the world, im saying it where God has placed me.

Julian Pyke said:
I am allitle confused with why you quoted me?

And I can say, in your post, where is the Holy Spirit (You said something what church is tehre that let's God flow?)

Well I can answer! I know he is in my church. We are Spirit filled and on Fire for God. It's a Non-Denominational church and "like a rock."

I'm not saying it's the best in the world, im saying it where God has placed me.
God placed me in a Penacostal church for 3 years. At the Time I didn't know why...until I came to understand the Bible later.
God placed me there, to learn how Satan deceives people, with the false gift of tongues, as well as healings.

Revelation 16:13 "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty".

How is speaking in tongues a FALSE GIFT... I mean... in the Bible it says its one of the gifts of the church (God's people.)

Julian Pyke said:
How is speaking in tongues a FALSE GIFT... I mean... in the Bible it says its one of the gifts of the church (God's people.)
The true gift of tongues operates like this....
If I went to China, and I never learned the language, and God wanted me to speak to someone about Jesus Christ, God would then give me the gift of tongues, to speak to that person.

In other words, it is a known language, given to talk to each other, for the benefit of the gospel message.

Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

You see, that's the other gift. THE INTERPETATION of tongues. You can speak in tongues, but everytime you won't be able to understand it. TONGUES is our language to God. Our Spirit man talking to God.

Julian Pyke said:
You see, that's the other gift. THE INTERPETATION of tongues. You can speak in tongues, but everytime you won't be able to understand it. TONGUES is our language to God. Our Spirit man talking to God.
yes, But have you not heard tongues being used, in a church where everyone already speaks the same language.

For example: In a church where everyone speaks english already.....the gift of tongues, is not neccessary.

God does not give, what is not of a neccessity.

1) Where, in the Bible, does it say God doesn't give what is of nessasety?

2) Speaking in Tongues is your SPIRIT MAN talking to GOD. you don't know what your saying but your Spirit Man does. Just because they all speak one language doesn't mean it's not usefull.

1 Cor 14:

1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

You see, tongues IS a gift speaking unto God. Where did you come to assume that speaking in tongues is a false gift, when, in the Bible it clearlys ays it is a gift of God.

Julian Pyke said:

When a 13 year old that knows NOTHING about speaking in tongues is suddenly "blessed" and speaks in tongues, that should make anyone question the "gift".

This happened to me. I had started going to church with a friend. When my mom decided she didn't want me going there, the church staff would call me and tell me to LIE to my parents....do ANYTHING I had to do to keep going to that church. Then one night I was baptised. I don't know if I just got caught up in the whole "show" (sorry to say that, but that's how this church operated) or if I was posessed or WHAT, but I had no control over myself, people were all over me touching me and saying stuff that I didn't understand and they said I spoke in tongues. Sorry...but I don't buy that! I do NOT believe that I spoke in tongues. And if I had, don't you think they would have been able to tell me what the heck I had said? I don't even know what I said!!!!

I'm not saying that speaking in tongues isn't real. I just had a negative experience with it. And scripture is too confusing for me to figure it out. Right now, I believe that "speaking in tongues" refers to when many nationalities/tongues are speaking at once.....or something like that.

Julian Pyke said:
1 Cor 14:

1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

You see, tongues IS a gift speaking unto God. Where did you come to assume that speaking in tongues is a false gift, when, in the Bible it clearlys ays it is a gift of God.
One must understand that Satan counterfeits everything God does, with his own.
For example: God's Holy day, is the 7th day Sabbath (4th commandment)
Satan's is, Sunday worship services.

Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles.....

QUESTION: How do frogs catch their prey ?

Do they not use their...tongues ?

frogs and tongues has nothing to do with it. Speaking in tongues is a gift of God.

And to that person who had a bad experience with it, I am sorry to say I am sorry. But don't base youre decision of tongues on one experience, tehre are alot of corrupted churches out there in every religion.

Not that I believe you were touched by God or not, but could you possibly have been speaking in tongues? You had no control over your body, what do you mean? I know for a fact that sometimes, when one is really in God's presence, it is hard to deal with because our physical body can't handle it. Basically, im not defending these people, nor condoning them. What I am saying, is it clearly is God's gift to Christians, not some demonic force.

2) Speaking in Tongues is your SPIRIT MAN talking to GOD. you don't know what your saying but your Spirit Man does. Just because they all speak one language doesn't mean it's not usefull.
I would like to know where this is found in the scriptures?

1 Cor 14:

More to come...

Acts 2

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

#1.) John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments".

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him".

20:20 "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a [sign] between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God".

Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus".

Sinners are, LawBreakers......

#2.) 1 John 3:4 "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law".

Jay T said:
[quote="Julian Pyke":biggrin0a71]1 Cor 14:

One must understand that Satan counterfeits everything God does, with his own.
For example: God's Holy day, is the 7th day Sabbath (4th commandment)
Satan's is, Sunday worship services.

Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles.....

QUESTION: How do frogs catch their prey ?

Do they not use their...tongues ?[/quote:biggrin0a71]
YES finally some one that agrees with the Bible and me I also believe in keeping the Shabat Holy there is no other day to be kept HOLY, and yes sunday is the day of satan so is the day of the muslims any argument about that?
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA our SHABAT

Back