Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Picking up a new hobby.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This one I have here I got for practically half price on Amazon, man. If you're looking for a nice starter up, look into it! It's called the Nikon Coolpix L340 and it comes with batteries and a strap. The tripod I found on Amazon too for 90% off, and the memory card for a discount, too. After shipping and all I paid $170 for everything, and saved over $200 off of retail.

View attachment 8168
Camera made it home. Planned on taking it out today, but it's been raining non-stop. I'll upload a couple shots next week.

It's a nifty little point and shoot. I'm hoping to upgrade in a year or two to one of those fancy $600 pieces of work. I've already been asked to do three different shoots for people, despite being brand new at this -- maybe I'll take them up on it and start building a portfolio, and put back a little money from it towards my next camera.
It looks like an SLR Digital, I thought it was. I see you have a Wide Angle, can you buy a fifty mm or a 135 for it?

It looks like an SLR Digital, I thought it was. I see you have a Wide Angle, can you buy a fifty mm or a 135 for it?
Unfortunately I can't replace the lens on this bad boy, it's actually a point and shoot dressed up like a DSLR, called a bridge model, sort of like a beginners photography cam. I love it though and I'm going to be saving up to get a nicer one in about a year, probably a Canon Rebel or something along those lines.

It takes some decent photos. Click thumbnails:

View attachment 8180 View attachment 8181 View attachment 8182

Took those last night just to get started and see what I could do. I have a long way to go, but I'm having fun.

Unfortunately I can't replace the lens on this bad boy, it's actually a point and shoot dressed up like a DSLR, called a bridge model, sort of like a beginners photography cam. I love it though and I'm going to be saving up to get a nicer one in about a year, probably a Canon Rebel or something along those lines.

It takes some decent photos. Click thumbnails:

View attachment 8180 View attachment 8181 View attachment 8182

Took those last night just to get started and see what I could do. I have a long way to go, but I'm having fun.
Yes, nice shots. Something you might look into is a Maco Kit for your present unit. That attaches to the end of what's there and it reverses what your lens does allowing you to shoot bug, flowers and such to fill the frame. One of my wives, before I became a Christian, burned about five years of my work, I believe she might have been jealous of my cameras and guitars... not certain. But I had some prize winning shot with my Macro Kit.

Yes, nice shots. Something you might look into is a Maco Kit for your present unit. That attaches to the end of what's there and it reverses what your lens does allowing you to shoot bug, flowers and such to fill the frame. One of my wives, before I became a Christian, burned about five years of my work, I believe she might have been jealous of my cameras and guitars... not certain. But I had some prize winning shot with my Macro Kit.
Wow, how horrible of her to do! I'm gonna go look up that Macro Kit right now.

Wow, how horrible of her to do! I'm gonna go look up that Macro Kit right now.
The macro shots I used to take were with a good Nikon point and shoot and I got so into it I kept the Macro kit on it all the time. You will love it if you ever get into it.

One of my wives, before I became a Christian, burned about five years of my work, I believe she might have been jealous of my cameras and guitars... not certain. .

Yeah...know that feeling. Had an ex wife steal and destroy all copies of pictures of food entries into food shows and competitions. Could never be replaced.

View attachment 8232

And the completed tool bag. I have to say that this has been a great project. It's been a lot of fun learning and figuring out techniques to do the things that I wanted to do.

Now to fill it with my tools and take it to work. Which isn't the fun part

View attachment 8232

And the completed tool bag. I have to say that this has been a great project. It's been a lot of fun learning and figuring out techniques to do the things that I wanted to do.

Now to fill it with my tools and take it to work. Which isn't the fun part
But I can't build a house with that bag. Lots of room for nails but no place to hang a single 32oz. Rig Ax.

But I can't build a house with that bag. Lots of room for nails but no place to hang a single 32oz. Rig Ax.
Well, its an Electrician's bag and not one for carpenters or drywalling or tin knockers. Not even a plumber/fitter can use this bag (do they ever even use one?)
Notice the roll of electricians tape on the copper chain?

Well, its an Electrician's bag and not one for carpenters or drywalling or tin knockers. Not even a plumber/fitter can use this bag (do they ever even use one?)
Notice the roll of electricians tape on the copper chain?
That's not Electricians Tape, that's for when your Rig Ax hits the window glass before you get it nailed in... Electricians!

Back