Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

piercings

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Riniel,

I do see you as having a gentle spirit... This is one of the things about these forums.... not having the physical presence, one can truly see into the spirit of a person... for good or for bad.

My words weren't directed at you or anyone else in particular... they were more in line as points to ponder when bucking societal trends... especially when it comes to subculteral things... these are things that Christians do need to keep aware of.

As for the guy thing... there's a lot of jerks out there... there really is. But, stay true to who God wants you to be and, hopefully before too much more time, you'll meet someone you can love.

As for the septum piercing, I think they are cute, and if I ever needed to hide it real fast for whatever reason, I could just flip the horseshoe up into my nostrils and you won't see the piercing. That's one reason I like it, but I just like the way they look. I think they are cute, and perhaps with the right adornment, they can be more elegant, and pleasing to the eye. I don't plan on wearing just a plain surgical steel horseshoe. I hope I can get a horseshoe that maybe has something special about it.

:shame I dont like the whole idea. My granddaughter has one.... I am reminded of the years of wiping her nose...:lol
A good thing about that piercing is, if you change you mind some day the piercing doesn't show... :thumbsup I am too old for this topic...

I agree. I'm 44, and and have a belly button ring (my running group got it together).
Somehow, the negative effects just didn't seem as bad as chain-smoking...

gershonitegirl:

Well, I guess I'm not surprised, since it's often customary for runners to wear short tops, and having the ring isn't just a teeny-bopper thing, either, so I guess it's not surprising if the rings are worn by women who run.

(PS: Interesting screen name from the Old Testament!)

Gershonitegirl...Kudos to you being 44 and still having a belly one would want to show!!!

I mentioned earlier that Viola had her ears pierced for her bd... She could have had this done at any time these past years, but she decided that this year would be the year she would go for it.

Anyway, at her party Monday evening, her beloved grocery boy was there and she was showing him her new earrings (the posts are cute little flowers)... He made a fuss over them then very slyly asked her..."So, are you going to get anything else pierced?"

Steve was all like "NONOWAYUN-HUNSHESNOTGETTINGANYTHINGELSEPIERCED:onfire

Viola just smiled and said, "Oh, I don't know... When I'm 18, maybe I'll get my bellybutton pierced."

Poor Steve was making gibbering noises and the rest of us were just cracking up. It was pretty funny.

Gershonitegirl...Kudos to you being 44 and still having a belly one would want to show!!!

I mentioned earlier that Viola had her ears pierced for her bd... She could have had this done at any time these past years, but she decided that this year would be the year she would go for it.

Anyway, at her party Monday evening, her beloved grocery boy was there and she was showing him her new earrings (the posts are cute little flowers)... He made a fuss over them then very slyly asked her..."So, are you going to get anything else pierced?"

Steve was all like "NONOWAYUN-HUNSHESNOTGETTINGANYTHINGELSEPIERCED:onfire

Viola just smiled and said, "Oh, I don't know... When I'm 18, maybe I'll get my bellybutton pierced."

Poor Steve was making gibbering noises and the rest of us were just cracking up. It was pretty funny.

handy:

Oh, well. :)

Anyway, they make their own decisions at 18, don't they?

Blessings to your family.

pffft.. lol. please don't tell me you've been praying that I don't get the piercing.. because I do plan on doing it when I can get me's some cash.. lol

Riniel:

Oh well, you must know, anyway. I think that those who have really gotten into piercing sometimes find that once they start (beyond ears, I guess) it can be hard to stop getting more! Whatever...

I was just teasing a bit.. You are not my granddaughter so your safe from those kind of prayers from me.... :waving

PS: I'm not saying, Don't do it!

Just maybe bear in mind that for some people (if not others) it can be a bit addictive.

PS: I'm not saying, Don't do it!

Just maybe bear in mind that for some people (if not others) it can be a bit addictive.

Oh, I know.. I have friends who are completely addicted to getting piercings, and tattoos. However, I don't have an addictive personality. I don't really want a piercing anywhere else, except maybe my upper, or lower lip, but I'm still on the fence with that one, because a friend of mine told me that the hole never closes on labret (lip piercings) piercings. So, for now, until I find out the truth about the labret piercings, I'm leaning towards not getting one. Right now the septum is the only piercing I want. I don't want a bunch of scars in my face.

I have a scar on my lower left lip from being attacked by a dog, and it looks like a piercing was there and had been ripped out. So, if I ever get my labret pierced, I was thinking of doing it over my scar to kind of hide it a little bit.

Oh, I know.. I have friends who are completely addicted to getting piercings, and tattoos. However, I don't have an addictive personality. I don't really want a piercing anywhere else, except maybe my upper, or lower lip, but I'm still on the fence with that one, because a friend of mine told me that the hole never closes on labret (lip piercings) piercings. So, for now, until I find out the truth about the labret piercings, I'm leaning towards not getting one. Right now the septum is the only piercing I want. I don't want a bunch of scars in my face.

I have a scar on my lower left lip from being attacked by a dog, and it looks like a piercing was there and had been ripped out. So, if I ever get my labret pierced, I was thinking of doing it over my scar to kind of hide it a little bit.

I see.

Sorry about the dog incident.

So: nose, maybe labret (I think it's a labret if it's right in the middle, but if they are to the side they are snakebites, if I'm not mistaken) and of course ears?

PS: You're right about tattoos, as well: the first is often the catalyst for another.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see.

Sorry about the dog incident.

So: nose, maybe labret (I think it's a labret if it's right in the middle, but if they are to the side they are snakebites, if I'm not mistaken) and of course ears?

PS: You're right about tattoos, as well: the first is often the catalyst for another.

snakebites are double piercings on the lower lip on either side. a labret piercing just means "lip". so, it can be on the side, in the middle, or even on the top. Monroe piercings are the studs on the upper left side that are supposed to mimic marilyn Monroe's beauty mark, and technically a Monroe is a labret piercing as well. I don't want snakebites, but probably just one labret piercing on my lower left lip to cover the scar. I have a scar there anyway, so if I took it out, I doubt you'd really see anything different than the way it looks now. so, those are the only piercings I want. I don't want a bunch of visible scars, and the septum isn't visible as it's inside the nose, and the labret is going to be next to a scar anyway, so that doesn't bother me. if I didn't have the scar, I probably wouldn't get the labret eventually down the road.

snakebites are double piercings on the lower lip on either side. a labret piercing just means "lip". so, it can be on the side, in the middle, or even on the top. Monroe piercings are the studs on the upper left side that are supposed to mimic marilyn Monroe's beauty mark, and technically a Monroe is a labret piercing as well. I don't want snakebites, but probably just one labret piercing on my lower left lip to cover the scar. I have a scar there anyway, so if I took it out, I doubt you'd really see anything different than the way it looks now. so, those are the only piercings I want. I don't want a bunch of visible scars, and the septum isn't visible as it's inside the nose, and the labret is going to be next to a scar anyway, so that doesn't bother me. if I didn't have the scar, I probably wouldn't get the labret eventually down the road.

Riniel:

Oh, I see, then. It's interesting, anyway, to learn all the different terms for the piercings that you can do. You seem to know more about it than me, anyhow.

Re. your planned left side labret, you really like the asymmetrical look, do you? because some people would either not do it at all or else get one each side, to achieve a balance.

But everyone is different about what they prefer, anyway.

Riniel:

Oh, I see, then. It's interesting, anyway, to learn all the different terms for the piercings that you can do. You seem to know more about it than me, anyhow.

Re. your planned left side labret, you really like the asymmetrical look, do you? because some people would either not do it at all or else get one each side, to achieve a balance.

But everyone is different about what they prefer, anyway.

I guess I like the asymmetrical look.. lol. I know many many people who only have one side of their labret pierced. so, it's not that uncommon. snakebites kind of became popular, but people have been getting one side pierced for a long time.

I guess I like the asymmetrical look.. lol. I know many many people who only have one side of their labret pierced. so, it's not that uncommon. snakebites kind of became popular, but people have been getting one side pierced for a long time.

Riniel:

Well, yes, I can see that you feel pretty comfortable about getting integrated into a what is now the fairly widespread asymmetrical labret look.

I remember when the lower lip labret first came in, it was almost always exactly in the center, below the lower lip. People did snakebites, too, but snakebites seemed often to be more 'edgy' than the single lower lip labret exactly in the middle.

But then came the asymmetrical labret 'surprise'; at least, it was a bit of a surprise at first, but you're right, more people are doing it, aren't they?

Anyway, I'm sure you know what you're getting into.

(And you're right about tattoos being addictive, potentially, at least.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my daughters had snake bites. I'm over visiting both of them now (they live 2000 miles away from me) and guess what? No snake bites!

I think it was just a fad for them. ;)

One daughter still has her nose pierced. She's got a little cz in there. Personally, I think she looks good with it.

Anyway, I was thinking of your thread when I saw them. Well, they were teens when they got their piercings... and yeah, they went overkill. But your much older than them. :yes

Have a good week!

Back