Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

piercings

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

I like the snake bites piercings.. do you ever have issues the the discs rubbing up against your gums? I want to maybe get a Monroe piercing, and I'm afraid of the discs rubbing against my gums. I've also heard the skin can try to grow around the discs..

Yes, well, the snakebites seem to have become very popular, haven't they?

I rarely like snakebites on people, but once in awhile I see someone who has them and looks quite good. The same goes for septum piercings. I have a tattoo but the only thing I have pierced is my ears. I've thought about getting a nose piercing or an eyebrow done but never got to it.

I rarely like snakebites on people, but once in awhile I see someone who has them and looks quite good. The same goes for septum piercings. I have a tattoo but the only thing I have pierced is my ears. I've thought about getting a nose piercing or an eyebrow done but never got to it.

well, I told my mum about getting the septum piercing, and she isn't happy about it. She told me a nostril piercing wouldn't bother her, but the septum would. Well, I told her that I can hide it. Something distracted our conversation, so we never did finish talking about it.

I still want to do it. I found a website that is selling circular barbells aka horseshoes, and they have pearls that screw in instead of those steel balls. Pearl is my month stone, so I think that would actually be pretty. I have a pair of pearl earrings too, so they could match. :)

I want to get a tattoo, but I haven't decided what I want on my body for life. I was thinking of getting something biblical, with a picture associated with it. It's hard to decide what to get when you know it's on your body forever. I also plan to get it in an area that is easily concealed. I'm also afraid of needles, so hopefully it won't hurt too bad.

If it is tasteful then I don't have an issue with piercings. I think people can get too many and then it starts looking freaky. But that is nothing compared to tattoo addiction. I have a stronger objection to tats because that mess is permanent. And I bet it looks terribad on your old sagging skin once you have advanced in age. Earings I don't think you'll have that issue save for drooping earlobes. This is like drinking wine and beer. Nothing is wrong with drinking either but when you drink too much it is a sin. But I think this is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is tasteful then I don't have an issue with piercings. I think people can get too many and then it starts looking freaky. But that is nothing compared to tattoo addiction. I have a stronger objection to tats because that mess is permanent. And I bet it looks terribad on your old sagging skin once you have advanced in age. Earings I don't think you'll have that issue save for drooping earlobes. This is like drinking wine and beer. Nothing is wrong with drinking either but when you drink too much it is a sin. But I think this is fine.

Pigeon88:

Yes, well I agree with you very much about moderation in all things.

Piercing, especially ears, is very widespread and these days even grandmothers, pastor's wives, etc., might have multiple ear piercings. It's no big deal.

Re. a tatt, some people do find it addictive, but it need not be. Also, some people get a tatt, not out of addiction, but because they want something faith based to be a witness and it has been proved to be very useful in giving many openings to talking to people about the Lord. (As Hannah, here - One Truth - will tell you.)

well, I told my mum about getting the septum piercing, and she isn't happy about it. She told me a nostril piercing wouldn't bother her, but the septum would. Well, I told her that I can hide it. Something distracted our conversation, so we never did finish talking about it.

I still want to do it. I found a website that is selling circular barbells aka horseshoes, and they have pearls that screw in instead of those steel balls. Pearl is my month stone, so I think that would actually be pretty. I have a pair of pearl earrings too, so they could match. :)

I want to get a tattoo, but I haven't decided what I want on my body for life. I was thinking of getting something biblical, with a picture associated with it. It's hard to decide what to get when you know it's on your body forever. I also plan to get it in an area that is easily concealed. I'm also afraid of needles, so hopefully it won't hurt too bad.

My good friend Kat has her septum pierced and when she was at work she would just turn it up and you couldn't even tell she had it. Super easy to hide.

Regarding a tattoo, it took me a long time to decide on what I wanted. I chose El Shaddai because it's not something I ever want to forget. I always want God to be a part of my life. Make it meaningful to you. As far as pain goes, it really depends on your tolerance. It didn't hurt that bad, but then again, after you've been through childbirth pain doesn't scare you like it used to. ;)

My good friend Kat has her septum pierced and when she was at work she would just turn it up and you couldn't even tell she had it. Super easy to hide.

Regarding a tattoo, it took me a long time to decide on what I wanted. I chose El Shaddai because it's not something I ever want to forget. I always want God to be a part of my life. Make it meaningful to you. As far as pain goes, it really depends on your tolerance. It didn't hurt that bad, but then again, after you've been through childbirth pain doesn't scare you like it used to. ;)

Hannah:

Yes, well the septum is easy to hide, isn't it.

Re. the pain thing, you mentioned childbirth which some of us can't empathize with, because we are the wrong gender. :) But I'm sure it's an apt comparison for the experiences of tattooed moms.

These days, some of the numbing creams used in tatts are also sometimes used in piercing.

Blessings.

Hannah:

Yes, well the septum is easy to hide, isn't it.

Re. the pain thing, you mentioned childbirth which some of us can't empathize with, because we are the wrong gender. :) But I'm sure it's an apt comparison for the experiences of tattooed moms.

These days, some of the numbing creams used in tatts are also sometimes used in piercing.

Blessings.

Numbing cream eh? Must be nice. I didn't have that when I had my tatt done.

I don't think the bible talks about piercing your body.. I've never read any verses talking about it.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

If you can explain to yourself and God that having your septum pierced
is a way to maintain your temple hol(e)y :biggrin and honor God. :thumbsup do it.

You certainly will be judged by other self proclaimed christians ,
who don't understand that they should leave judging up to the LORD™.

whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

is a way to maintain your temple hol(e)y :biggrin and honor God. :thumbsup do it.

who don't understand that they should leave judging up to the LORDâ„¢.

SpagLard:

I think Ezekiel 16.12 even records the Lord giving a nose ring to Zion. (Figuratively, at least.)

Blessings.

who don't understand that they should leave judging up to the LORDâ„¢.

I do regard my body as a temple, and I think that if women in the bible wore nose rings (Genesis chapter 24 talks about Rebekah receiving a nose ring, and she wears it) then in the society we have today, a nose ring (even if its septum, not nostril) should not be a problem.

I know many Christians have an ultra conservative view on such things, but some Christians use the bible in a way to manipulate the reasons why they think a certain way. It's a way for them to justify judging other people.

I believe very strongly that no one has the right to judge another person.

Matthew 7:1-5
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

I know that everyone has had moments of judging others, but as I grow older, I realise that in the end it's none of my business what other people do. It's between them and God, not me, them, and God. I find it to be very rude, and intrusive when people are nosey, and ask me why I do certain things. I don't like the feeling when they do that, so I try to be a better person with God's help, and not put my nose where it doesn't belong because it probably feels the same way for them, as it does for me.

I know that I will receive judgement for my choices, but at the end of the day, I realise they are human, and they are not open minded. I don't even think many Christians realise that women in Israel during biblical times had nose piercings.. and yet in todays society people look at it as something extremely negative. Perhaps if people see it as a piece of jewelry like your ears being pierced, and that women, even in the bible have been piercing themselves for centuries, then it wouldn't be a big deal.. Women in the middle east, including Israel would pierce their ears, and their nostril and have a chain adorned with trinkets connected from their ear to their nostril.. If conservative people in our society see someone wearing a chain like that, they immediately think the person is a freak.

I know that I will receive judgement for my choices, but at the end of the day, I realise they are human, and they are not open minded. I don't even think many Christians realise that women in Israel during biblical times had nose piercings.. and yet in todays society people look at it as something extremely negative.

very good point !
People will in any time and culture have their likes and dislikes.
You can't please every person who lays eyes on you, and you don't have to,
all you need to be certain about is your righteousness and Faith in our Lord.

very good point !
People will in any time and culture have their likes and dislikes.
You can't please every person who lays eyes on you, and you don't have to,
all you need to be certain about is your righteousness and Faith in our Lord.

SpagLard:

Yes, Romans 14.22 says: 'Happy is he that condemneth not himself in the thing that he alloweth'.

If the believer is already seeking God's will from His Word, and has a clear conscience, then this is a lot different from going directly against the Scriptures.

(Re. righteousness, the believer's righteousness is imputed to him or her - Romans 3.21, Romans 5.1, etc.)

.. I have my ears gauged and I get comments all the time about them. ..

I find if you have piercings or tattoos you can reach a certain group of people you might not normally be able to. Like for instance, I worked in a youth outreach program. Kids would come in off the streets. Because I have gauges and I don't look like your typical Christian they would really open up to me.

Hannah:

Yes, well I can now see how things like gauges might just help a bit in some practical witness situations. Good thinking, anyway.

There's a whole scale of gauging, I think, from ones that are just a bit enlarged, but the plug is hardly bigger than a traditional stud, so you don't really notice. To the larger ones that one can even put one's little finger through, etc.

Blessings.

Hannah:

Yes, well I can now see how things like gauges might just help a bit in some practical witness situations. Good thinking, anyway.

There's a whole scale of gauging, I think, from ones that are just a bit enlarged, but the plug is hardly bigger than a traditional stud, so you don't really notice. To the larger ones that one can even put one's little finger through, etc.

Blessings.

Yes, I remember one kid at the youth outreach I worked at. He loved my gauges, and I actually gave him a bunch of them I wasn't using anymore. We had a special bond after that.

Yes, I remember one kid at the youth outreach I worked at. He loved my gauges, and I actually gave him a bunch of them I wasn't using anymore. We had a special bond after that.

Hannah:

Sounds good.

Yes, it seems that when young men pierce their ears these days, they so often do because they want to go for the gauging; like if they do it at all, they want it to be 'worthwhile' enough for bigger holes, so to speak.

It used to be that women and men didn't share their earrings much, but I guess with gauges and plugs it's a different ball game, really.

I guess there is sometimes a bit of an allergy issue, like, some people prefer wooden plugs to stainless steel, or whatever, so it's worthwhile knowing.

You seem to have gotten quite a collection of plugs, anyway.

Blessings to you and your family.

Back