Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pink Floyd is the greatest rock band ever!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
C

Chris

I think in all the years I have listened to music Nothing has ever equaled or surpassed pink Floyd in the race to be the best band ever.

They are popular still, and did it all without getting undressed to sell music.

What do you guys think?

I cannot disagree with this. During high school almost 30 years ago, I had mad love for Pink Floyd. They were and are completely misunderstood by people who don't take the time to really listen to them. Waters was a genius, and Gilmour was amazing with the guitar! Oh, man, those riffs! :clap

They never mailed in a song to fill in an album. Even their most obscure songs that appeared to be minor in comparison had a deeper meaning. If only the power struggle in the band didn't result in their breaking up. :sad

I cannot disagree with this. During high school almost 30 years ago, I had mad love for Pink Floyd. They were and are completely misunderstood by people who don't take the time to really listen to them. Waters was a genius, and Gilmour was amazing with the guitar! Oh, man, those riffs! :clap

They never mailed in a song to fill in an album. Even their most obscure songs that appeared to be minor in comparison had a deeper meaning. If only the power struggle in the band didn't result in their breaking up. :sad
It tops the list of bands i wish I could have seen live. The thing with pink floyd the lyrics don't contain really deeply meaningful things like "Woah", "Baby" or love or "ooh"

They would be weird songs for kids today. Imagine lyrics you actually have to think about.

the lyrics were handy in yr 9 and 10 for poetry writing because the teacher had no idea about bands. :)

Pink Floyd saved me from having to endure rap music in the 80's :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in all the years I have listened to music Nothing has ever equaled or surpassed Jethro Tull in the race to be the best band ever.

They are popular still, and did it all without getting undressed to sell music.
Fixed.

Arg! This has got to be the first time I've seen "Jethro Tull" and "best band" in the same sentence.

just sayin'...

Really? I mean, everyone knows the mighty Led Zeppelin is the greatest Rock band of all time, but Jethro Tull is great too. Those guys took Art Rock seriously.

no no NO!

Ok, Jethro Tull = good. Pink Floyd = classic. Led Zepplin and Deep Purple = legends.

But we all know the greatest band EVER is Rush! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rush is pretty good but no Pink Floyd. I liked the album, "2112". But Getty Lee always sounded like he was sucking helium. That dude has a freaky voice. They just had a concert here in Detroit this past weekend. One member is 57 years old, and they played for 3 1/2 hours with an intermission! (That's what a caller to a radio station said, anyway.)

Cmon guys nobody has mentioned bucks fizz or bananarama yet in their top ten

Man we must have played Dark Side Of The Moon, a million times when it came out and a long time after, sometimes under the influence of LSD. Now as far as Pink Floyd being the best, I can't go with that. You had groups like Yes, you had Led Zep, King Crimson, Emerson Lake & Palmer, that is just to name a few.
pink-floyd-dark-side-of-the-moon-cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a listen to the great gig in the sky then turn on kiddy countdown- the top forty current songs and listen to the difference. One can actually sing

Back