Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Pizza's Ongoing Life Thread"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: MAJOR blow up at work !!!!

If I land this one, I believe I will wear a title I never thought I'd have: ENGINEER

He spent most of the day with me, and he told me he knew what would happen within 3 months: I'd have mastered all the stuff he needs me to learn.

And, of course, I am like that - not too many people who learn Japanese in order to advance in their job. Of course, it hasn't helped me, but it sends a message to potential employers about who I am. And about how I apply myself. And about who they will have working for them!

Boru wa genki desu !

Seriously, you should see the software and macros this guy has written to make his (and other's) jobs easier. He's quite a bright guy. And he's a good guy.

Very strong Christian influence in the company, too. It was subtle, but it was there. Even the office manager is going to seminary...

OMG! Pizza, the good LORD keeps adding more pizzas to your refridgerators. :lol

I like this title E-G-N-E-
congrats!

About your 5hr Interview...lol
I had one that took the whole day. That was few years ago. It was just written and practical Int.. And when the result was published and I saw my performance, I said: wow! Did Heaven write this for me, kinda. It was a great performance

---
but there's this pizza I want God to add to your fridge...and I know HE'd do it.

And you can see how you've gome off topic, pizza: 'MAJOR blow up at work!!!!'
Still Major Blow up at work?

Maybe you need a new thread with a new topic: Embarrassing me with blessings :lol

Well, they called yesterday - and I have an interview with management next Tuesday. I THINK they will make a formal offer then, but not sure.

ALSO - I am in Michigan, been here since Thursday, but not for work (did I mention this?) I am up here seeing my kids. My son and his wife flew home for most of July, they go back to Japan on Monday. Probably won't see them for SOME time, maybe over a year.

Yuki's english has REALLY come a long way! She understands most (or all?) slang terms and can follow along when we are in a restaurant or in a crowd as well as one-on-one.

It's been a great few days, I fly home after breakfast tomorrow.

(Also looked at a car while I was here - really tempted, it's an SRT6 Coupe version of my car, 2005 with only 17,077 miles on it! REALLY SHARP CAR!)

5d719da3ff87b4b064b0dbb71d03c38ax.jpg

(Not the EXACT car, but my pictures are HORRIBLE via a Droid phone.)

Last edited by a moderator:

And finally Pizza bought this cool vehicle;)Congrats!(When are you gonna buy an electric one?);)

I"m gonna look at a black one back near Atlanta when I get home.
Then I will make up my mind. ;)

Got the one here up past 100 on an interstate (briefly) just, of course, to check out the alignment and suspension - you know.
MAN the SRT6 is a TOTALLY different animal - it is, in fact, an ANIMAL!!!

Interview in the morning... praying that God's will for my life is what happens next - no matter what that is...

Ok, had the second interview today, first was 4 1/2 hours, this one was 2 1/2 hours. My next interview will be in August ... but that is NOT the NEWS!

My son is now 30, he's been in the Navy as a DC for 12 years. I flew to Michigan to see him, his wife and my other son last week. Well, they no more than landed in Japan when he was informed that he has been promoted to Chief Petty Officer !

He did not expect to make it, since they only made 3 chiefs in his division this year... but he did!
icon_cool.gif

I was already very proud of this kid for the man he has become (after being the TEENAGER he WAS!) This was really unexpected.

Ok, had the second interview today, first was 4 1/2 hours, this one was 2 1/2 hours. My next interview will be in August ... but that is NOT the NEWS! My son is now 30, he's been in the Navy as a DC for 12 years. I flew to Michigan to see him, his wife and my other son last week. Well, they no more than landed in Japan when he was informed that he has been promoted to Chief Petty Officer ! He did not expect to make it, since they only made 3 chiefs in his division this year... but he did! I was already very proud of this kid for the man he has become (after being the TEENAGER he WAS!) This was really unexpected.
I was patiently waiting for your update. Congrats.!!! Now I can depart. Enjoy!!!!:thumbsup

I CANNOT believe I did not tell you all ---- but my son got home to Japan on (our) Tuesday and learned that while he was away, he was promoted to Chief Petty Officer !!!!

He just turned 30 and has been in the Navy 12 years. He is on cloud nine, since his division only made 3 Chief's this year (last year they made 53 and he didn't get it then, but he did THIS time!)

Here he is, with his wife Yuki. This picture was taken, I guess, today. He's still in a good mood, obviously.

View attachment 2590

(Hey mods - can we rename this thread "Pizza's Ongoing Life Thread"? That way, I don't need to keep starting new threads!)

(Hey mods - can we rename this thread "Pizza's Ongoing Life Thread"? That way, I don't need to keep starting new threads!)
Done Pizza man !

Good for the kids! That is great news....cool picture :thumbsup

as for the hard top car :shame stay with the convertible :thumbsup

Thanks, Reba!

Well, I was gonna keep the convertible (makes a good daily driver and already has 77,000 on it anyway) and also get the other one and keep as a "baby" in the garage and for car shows, etc.

But I'm still thinking... No need to hurry - or worry, not about a car, certainly.

Gotta get a GOOD picture of my son and his wife posted now!

Well, I haven't changed jobs yet. On tuesday, I flew to Cleveland to tour the Indians Stadium and evaluate how we are going to install a new radio system for the team/maintenance/etc. departments.

I headed home today (Thursday) but ended up stranded in Chicago when my connecting flight back to Atlanta was cancelled. So, here I sit, in a Hampton Inn near Midway - so many people were so upset - usually I get upset, but for me, it's just an adventure. I get one more night in a motel, and another days' worth of meals - all provided by the company!

I didn't really want to go into the office tomorrow, anyway...... I land in Atlanta just after 2pm - couldn't get to the office until about 3:30 now!

I've got a conference call tomorrow - just hope it won't be while I'm on the plane home.

What did you think of the Indians' stadium?

Of all the times I've been to Cleveland, the Indians never had a home game for me to catch :nono2 So sad.....

Are you enjoying your time in Chicago? It's such a great place to visit :yes

QUite a stadium. I never knew they had tunnels under the playing field - and they want the radios to WORK down there. :o Part of the reason this is gonna cost a LOT of money. It sure is clean! One of the more fun places to visit in this job... but later this month, I spend two weeks at a nuke plant in Michigan (that became official yesterday).

I'm not seeing much of the city. Took the shuttle bus to the motel in the dark, and will take it back to the airport in the morning. I like Midway Airport (so far anyway!) But.... this sure is an expensive room, over $200 a night with taxes. I"m gonna exceed my pre-authorized spending limit on THIS trip. Oh well...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back