Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Post Yourself

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Burresor, you have a lovely family. I see both you and your hubby in that little one. :)

Thank you Pouring Rain, you are the first to say that. I cannot tell you how often I have been told he looks like either me, or his daddy. While I am more inclined to agree with those that say his daddy I am glad to see there is a bit of both of us there.

Beautiful family, Burresor!!!!

I added Viola and Thomas' school pictures to an album. It can be found in my profile. I think I have it set so that just friends and contacts can see them. I hope!

I added Viola and Thomas' school pictures to an album. It can be found in my profile. I think I have it set so that just friends and contacts can see them. I hope!
Yay I'm a friend! :biggrin

You talk about your kids a lot, Dora. Nice to finally 'see' them! :)

Everyone is posting their family, I thought I'd post what my son and I did this weekend together. What a blast we had! His friend came over Saturday with his Bike (The bigger bike) and left it till today. So... we rode around our back yard for a couple hours. What a great time!

BTW, I'm the guy on the 'smaller' bike following my son LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics, Handy and Stovebolts (although your son is quite hidden Mr. Bolts LOL). Handy, thanks for allowing us to put a face with your great kids you always talk about. :thumbsup

In the spirit of showing "extended" family members here is a picture of my late, great cat (who passed away after 18 long and wonderful years of age last year :bigcry). He was garfield in the flesh (he ate, slept, and was lazy - even looks like him), and was a great cuddle cat for Sunday afternoon naps (as you can tell he likes napping - this being his most creative bed yet...). Even our cat understood the "Sabbath Day Rest" of Sunday afternoon naps. He was the calmest soul you ever would meet. :)

View attachment 1591

Everyone is posting their family, I thought I'd post what my son and I did this weekend together. What a blast we had! His friend came over Saturday with his Bike (The bigger bike) and left it till today. So... we rode around our back yard for a couple hours. What a great time!

BTW, I'm the guy on the 'smaller' bike following my son LOL!

They need to have training wheels for motorcycles. My biking career lasted about 5 seconds. Back in college, I tried out a friends dirt bike, and I rode about 50 feet before I wigged out a dumped it. :lol :oops :oops :lol In that flash of a moment, my brain didn't work fast enough! Clutch! Idle! Break! uhhh!!! I don't know what to do! Abort!! Abort!! MOM!!!!

That was the last time I dared it. :lol

Still, my buddy and I have a dream to get a pair of Harley Road Kings when I have an extra 15k burning a hole in my pocket. Better yet, I'll wait until I have 20k to spring for a side car. I won't carry anyone in it. I'll just use it in place of training wheels until I feel like a big boy and take it off. :thumbsup

Man, I'd love a Road King. That's gotta be great!

that sounds like fun, is that your property?

that looks like some acreage.

Hi Jason,
Yeah, that's my back yard :) Behind that is 140 acres of farm land. They grew soy beans this year and they've already harvested, so we played in the field too. I got on the bigger bike and about lost it when I hit the top of 6th gear and the bike started to wobble. Yeah... that was fun. :biggrin Bad part about them planting beans this year is that now the deer don't have anything to eat, and they've eaten all our grapes and now they are eating the bark off our smaller trees we just planted. :grumpy My son brought out my bow last night wanting to shoot one :lol

They need to have training wheels for motorcycles. My biking career lasted about 5 seconds. Back in college, I tried out a friends dirt bike, and I rode about 50 feet before I wigged out a dumped it. :lol :oops :oops :lol In that flash of a moment, my brain didn't work fast enough! Clutch! Idle! Break! uhhh!!! I don't know what to do! Abort!! Abort!! MOM!!!!

That was the last time I dared it. :lol

Still, my buddy and I have a dream to get a pair of Harley Road Kings when I have an extra 15k burning a hole in my pocket. Better yet, I'll wait until I have 20k to spring for a side car. I won't carry anyone in it. I'll just use it in place of training wheels until I feel like a big boy and take it off. :thumbsup

Man, I'd love a Road King. That's gotta be great!

Ha! Well, you'd do well on my son's 90. It's an automatic :biggrin His friend has the bigger 80 2 stroke, 6 speed, which is not only taller, but triple the power. He not only learned how to use the clutch, but how to shift gears without pulling a grand wheelie. I was actually afraid he's dump the bike, but he's a natural.

Not sure I'd want a Harley personally. I've always been partial to Kawasaki :biggrin

You should try the scarf josh :biggrin in terms of features you look pretty different but that dosen't matter if you get the disguise just right ;)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back