Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Pray for me to get better

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God help me to control my depression and to have the courage to do what makes me happy.

Hi Fembot, my name is Kelli, I haven't posted in awhile but if you don't mind my asking what makes you happy? I mean why do you need courage to do what makes you happy?

Love, Kelli

Kelli said:
God help me to control my depression and to have the courage to do what makes me happy.

Hi Fembot, my name is Kelli, I haven't posted in awhile but if you don't mind my asking what makes you happy? I mean why do you need courage to do what makes you happy?

Love, Kelli

Hi Kelli,

A lot of things make me happy. Praising God makes me happy, getting out of bed and having a productive day makes me happy, helping others makes me happy, animals, exercise, creativity, friendships.......

But I can't do what I'd like if I'm lethargic and introspective. I'm trying-somewhat getting there...

Fembot said:

Thank you
Your REDEEMER is STRONG!
:amen

He didn't pay your price when he bought you so that he could leave you later.
The one who says, "I will never leave nor forsake" also says, "Be of good cheer! I have overcome the world." I am declaring the Year of the Favor of the Lord. Our God is an Awesome God, He reigns from Heaven above with Wisdom, Power and Love -

Sing with your sparrow...

OUR God is an AWESOME GOD !!! He commands His Mercy to greet his daughter in her bed fresh and refreshed each an every morning! I am claiming this joy to you sleepyhead - even upon your waking. It is the Word of God that Binds itself to you daily and I amen that. Mercy and Grace (the stuff you don't deserve - not the "store-bought" fake kind that needs any thing from you, not that yech - but HIS Grace, the freely given kind that is abundantly given to you unto overflowing kind)

Yeah! And I am quick to declare that if my heart is for you (and it is) then GOD's Is and more so.
Listen to the prayers of the saints Lord - teach our sis how to say, I come in the Name of the Lord and with the Prayers of the Saints - and I declare: [insert heartfelt desire here]

I am joining my prayers to my brothers here - to Colton's who loves you Fembot - to Nick's who loves you also and I know that they both join my thanks to God and Blessing Him for you here. I am not the kind to forget even what "smaller" things people do for me and I do bless the Lord for you and I don't count the things you've given to me here in your ministry and service here "small" at all. We all get to lift our voices, point upward and declare, "It is the Lord!" and "Your Redeemer is STRONG!" And consider the place that each of us is in and that God is the only one who knows what is stirring underneath the only one who also knows what storms might be blown into any of us next week.

But I also join my prayers to my sisters here - to whirlwinds and she'shis and Kelli's and soldier Kimberly and others who have posted here and other places and also I salute and join to those who join in heartfelt but remain silent - because it is your Father God we are looking to and it is Him who searches hearts, yours mine and every ones. Lord, there are many of us here. I declare deliverance to Your daughter and victory as she continues to look and set herself to You - draw each of us more and more because we need you so! Strengthen her inner parts, Lord - give her a glimpse of your Joy over her. Draw her eye to You as she continues to strive against sin and become victorious and a Triumphant Victor in our Christ Jesus.

(amen an amen)
~Sparrow in song loving Fembot with tender heart greater than his own!

Sparrowhawke said:
Fembot said:

Thank you
Your REDEEMER is STRONG!
:amen

He didn't pay your price when he bought you so that he could leave you later.
The one who says, "I will never leave nor forsake" also says, "Be of good cheer! I have overcome the world." I am declaring the Year of the Favor of the Lord. Our God is an Awesome God, He reigns from Heaven above with Wisdom, Power and Love -

Sing with your sparrow...

OUR God is an AWESOME GOD !!! He commands His Mercy to greet his daughter in her bed fresh and refreshed each an every morning! I am claiming this joy to you sleepyhead - even upon your waking. It is the Word of God that Binds itself to you daily and I amen that. Mercy and Grace (the stuff you don't deserve - not the "store-bought" fake kind that needs any thing from you, not that yech - but HIS Grace, the freely given kind that is abundantly given to you unto overflowing kind)

Yeah! And I am quick to declare that if my heart is for you (and it is) then GOD's Is and more so.
Listen to the prayers of the saints Lord - teach our sis how to say, I come in the Name of the Lord and with the Prayers of the Saints - and I declare: [insert heartfelt desire here]

I am joining my prayers to my brothers here - to Colton's who loves you Fembot - to Nick's who loves you also and I know that they both join my thanks to God and Blessing Him for you here. I am not the kind to forget even what "smaller" things people do for me and I do bless the Lord for you and I don't count the things you've given to me here in your ministry and service here "small" at all. We all get to lift our voices, point upward and declare, "It is the Lord!" and "Your Redeemer is STRONG!" And consider the place that each of us is in and that God is the only one who knows what is stirring underneath the only one who also knows what storms might be blown into any of us next week.

But I also join my prayers to my sisters here - to whirlwinds and she'shis and Kelli's and soldier Kimberly and others who have posted here and other places and also I salute and join to those who join in heartfelt but remain silent - because it is your Father God we are looking to and it is Him who searches hearts, yours mine and every ones. Lord, there are many of us here. I declare deliverance to Your daughter and victory as she continues to look and set herself to You - draw each of us more and more because we need you so! Strengthen her inner parts, Lord - give her a glimpse of your Joy over her. Draw her eye to You as she continues to strive against sin and become victorious and a Triumphant Victor in our Christ Jesus.

(amen an amen)
~Sparrow in song loving Fembot with tender heart greater than his own!
:amen and :amen

I believe I am better. Thank you very much for your prayer Sparrow. It means a lot.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? It is written, 'For your sake we are killed all the day long, we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.' But in all these things we more than overcome through him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to be, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 35-38 :amen

Dear Fembot,

This is a subject I feel I have a lot of experience in, because depression crippled me for many years. God led me to His Word, and I have been writing about some of the things I have learned, and I hope it can help you too.

Philippians 4: 6,7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthyâ€â€meditate on these things.

When Jesus died on the cross it wasn’t only to make it possible for us to go to heaven, it accomplished much more. He made it possible for you and me to become like Him. He never intended to leave us in bondage to our old natural man. When you become born-again, Jesus begins to cut away our old sin nature, the Bible calls that old nature our flesh.

Ephesians 2:3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

Your flesh can come between you and the relationship you have with God. Now that we have defined what flesh is, how do we keep it under control? The answer is to simply quit feeding it! When you feed the depression it will grow. You can capture your thoughts. You must immediately replace the sad thoughts with positive thoughts. God makes it easy to do you just have to get started.

When you allow your mind to wander to depressing places you are asking for trouble. That’s why Jesus said just thinking about lusting is a sin, because that’s where sin begins, in your thoughts.

While wandering in the desert, the Children of Israel allowed gossip and bad attitudes to rub off on them. They forgot to count their blessing and trust God. They fed their discontent and made sure their neighbors were fed big healthy portions of negativity too. If you are only looking at what is wrong with the situation allowing negative thoughts to take you, its like a vacuum, it sucks the life out of you, and makes you lethargic.

When Christians, including myself, let their mind wander and don’t control their thoughts they become discontent. We let one little thought of mistrust take root, then we water it with a little self pity, then we fertilize it by telling everyone around us about it, then they start to think God is letting them down in some way, and together, we talk about how upset we are. It grows and grows, then before you know it we hate going to church, we hate our ministry and the people who we work with, and we make sure and let everyone know it. The same is true for depression, when I was depressed, I would dwell on all my negatives, I hate to say it but for some perverted reason, it felt good to dwell on it, it sucked me in.

You may say you trust God, but if you complain about anything, it shows yourself and others what you really think about God’s provision. I have complained and worried and fretted, I go on an on, then finish with “But I know everything is in God’s hands†. No I don’t, If I did, I would talk about the wonderful things God has already done. I would remember how faithful He has been in the past. I would help myself remember by singing and praising Him.

It’s Okay to tell people the troubles in your life, if you are sincerely seeking advice, prayer, or want to share what God is doing. You and I both know the difference in complaining and sharing.

We need to train ourselves to praise God, that is how you stop feeding the flesh we need to remember the mighty works of God, and think positive thoughts. Satan is a liar and he tries to make you think sad thoughts, turn them to praise filled thoughts and before you know it the depression goes.

Love Kelli

Hmmm a topic I know to well being Bipolar one, I have been fighting this depressive disorder for many, many years, and I still get treatment for it at the VA. When I am on the flip side of the disorder I am fine, but the crash side can be the most depressive thing that can happen to you. I would take Bipolar two any day over one, which is the worst form of it.

Kelli said:
We need to train ourselves to praise God, that is how you stop feeding the flesh we need to remember the mighty works of God, and think positive thoughts. Satan is a liar and he tries to make you think sad thoughts, turn them to praise filled thoughts and before you know it the depression goes.

You hit it right on the nail, Kelli. Thank you for your awesome post! (and glad to see you back!) :)

Lewis W said:
Hmmm a topic I know to well being Bipolar one, I have been fighting this depressive disorder for many, many years, and I still get treatment for it at the VA. When I am on the flip side of the disorder I am fine, but the crash side can be the most depressive thing that can happen to you. I would take Bipolar two any day over one, which is the worst form of it.

*hugs* Lewis

JoJo said:
Kelli said:

You hit it right on the nail, Kelli. Thank you for your awesome post! (and glad to see you back!) :)
Yes, it is nice to see you back Kelli, and thanks for your wisdom in your post :thumb :).

Kelli
Philippians 4: 6,7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Thank you Kelli, that was beautiful. Remember that each person is different and depression differs in each person, as well. Yes, only God helps us through. However, there are different types of depression. One who is truly depressed can't switch it off. I do my best and pray. I think we all have our moments. Some internalize it and others speak about it bc social interaction is therapeutic for some. It's not right to say someone who is depressed is denying God. It is a medical condition. Mine however, is prob just me being upset about uncontrollable events.

Staying busy and praying helps it to go by faster. Which has already happened. Because in my response to Sparrow, I stated that I am better :)

Lewis, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't see any signs of you being bipolar. It is possible to live a normal, productive life with God's blessings! He has helped me to see what is getting to me and what changes I can make so that I am not preoccupied with sadness. This I am grateful for. Thank you Lord!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, I am currenly on medication for depression and I can understand fully how you are feeling. I am over coming it and I am positive that God will give you victory over it. God Bless you

Some internalize it and others speak about it bc social interaction is therapeutic for some. It's not right to say someone who is depressed is denying God. It is a medical condition. Mine however, is prob just me being upset about uncontrollable events.

Fembot, I am so sorry if I came across as not being sensitive to your pain and making it sound like it was your fault. I was simply trying to offer hope, because I have been there and come out the other side. I wasn't saying anyone was denying God, and I hear and understand what you are saying, depression is, and mine was, a medical condition. I was diagnosed by many doctors as being clinically depressed, with body dimorphic disorder, ADD and OCD's. I tried doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists, and then I just started trying to commit suicide (three times). I am telling you I was sad.

I also want to tell you I didn't get better overnight. The more I was in the Word the more I realized that, even though, like you said, it is a medical condition God was telling me how to pull out of it, and that is by praising Him. Praise isn't for God's benefit it's for ours. He doesn't need us to praise Him, we need to praise Him. It's affirmation of His mighty power. Each time you win over Satan by praising God, you make your flesh weaker and your spirit stronger. Satan is a liar, you are special and so very precious, and Jesus saves ever tear you cry.

Psalm 56:8, 9 You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book? 9 When I cry out to You, Then my enemies will turn back; This I know, because God is for me.

You can do it, it's not hopeless. Whenever Satan tries to attack you by suggesting you don’t measure up, say “Jesus, Satan is knocking, will you please answer it†? Use those thoughts as a trigger to start praising God for your wonderful life, Satan will flee, because he hates for you to praise God.

Love, Kelli

Thank you my friends Nick_29 and Jojo, I missed being here so much, I'm glad to be back. :)

Praise His name! Thank you Kelli. Yes, He brought you back for a reason. I, for one, am grateful for your input.

*hugs*

Wow! Thank you for saying that.

The last time I tried, I was very serious, the first two times were practice, but the last time I pulled into the garage, left my car running, took a whole bottle of lithium tablets, drank a pint of vodka, and wrote letters to my loved ones.

The weird thing is... I woke up. I had thrown up all over myself, and the car was still running. I remember going upstairs to my bedroom thinking, "there is no way I can still be alive. God must have something planned for me before He will let me die".

Maybe it was for this... so I can tell you there is hope. I know It feels like it will never end, you feel like you have always been sad, why would anything change.

The sadness goes, and life is beautiful. I love every single minute of it.

Believe it or not, now I can praise God for my depression, it brought me to my knees. I had nothing else but Him, and when I looked He was there and taught me what I needed to get better.

I have been treasure hunting for the past 25 years, and found my precious treasure little bits at a time, they are in me forever and can never be taken away. God is so good. I have discovered these things by digging into the rich wealth of God's Word.

There where times I would get frustrated, then God would show me a new thing and I would get excited again. I almost envy you for what God has for you.

READ: Matthew 14: 44 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

Satan will not defeat you, I know it!!!

Love, Kelli

a coworker of mine has depression and lets also keep those who have bipolar in their as well in the depression stage of the mode swing they go through the same issues as those who have depression

jason

Fembot said:

Thank you

I suffered from chronic clinical depression for years. I attempted suicide (88 elevil and as much beer as I could drink until I passed out.) I was out for roughly three days (No, I make no comparisons to our Lord) and when I woke I staggered out to see a doctor. I was almostparalyzed on the right side but it got better. Now just some aches and pains. The doctors told me I should be dead and they couldn't understand how I had survived.
As I took the pills and drank my beer I was angry because I still believed in God but I thought He didn't love me.

Well, He chose not to take my life and I saw then that it was a miracle. He did love me because He suspended His own natural design so that I could live.

I have never been depressed, other than normal lows now and then since.

I say all that to say this: fembot, God loves you and He will do whatever it takes to see you through, even if you work against Him from time to time.

I hope this helps. :)

Wow, thank you Walter and Kelli for sharing.
I do believe I read your story somewhere else Kelli. I am so happy that you two were granted another chance and chose to give your life to God.

I have never tried to commit suicide or been diagnosed with depression. So, it may be normal to have bouts of sadness, I don't know. :shrug Everyone is different. I just get really lethargic and sad sometimes. Perhaps Paisley had the right idea? (PMDD) But like I stated, it's most likely attributed to uncontrollable circumstances. Usually I'm energetic and upbeat.
My sad days have passed. I know what I have to do to change these circumstances while continuing to put focus on God every waking moment.

God Bless you all...

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. :amen
Proverbs 16:3

Fembot, no doubt we all have our down days! When my mom first started going to counseling for her depression, her counselor told her that everyone has down days. The important thing to remember is that just because we have down times, doesn't mean they are permanent. Also, depression runs rampant through my family, but it's not often in the form of sadness, but more in anxiety. Depression has lots of symptoms...sadness is just one of them.

JoJo said:
Fembot, no doubt we all have our down days! When my mom first started going to counseling for her depression, her counselor told her that everyone has down days. The important thing to remember is that just because we have down times, doesn't mean they are permanent. Also, depression runs rampant through my family, but it's not often in the form of sadness, but more in anxiety. Depression has lots of symptoms...sadness is just one of them.

Back