Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for house

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
61c0dad7e766822b71617ce186f50d1a.jpg

I think the scariest move I have ever made was moving from a huge house into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment....beside the guys to move the heavy stuff I did it all by myself.
The problem with rental houses I have had is someone wants to move back in or they want to sell the home.I hope this house is a permanent rental.They say it is but that is not always the case.
I moved away from the apartment because it got really scary.Drug raids on my neighbors....but I lived in it for 4 years.Then we lived in a neighborhood that I hated.The kids and I am talking 7 years old and up would gang up and go down the street yelling every obscene word known to man.

Last edited:
Some neighborhoods look fine initially, but after living there for a bit, the neighborhood isn't what it appeared. Or it can be the neighborhood like in the old Tom Hanks' movie "The 'Burbs" ... !

It's edgy in a semi-funny way. It's from 1989 (or there abouts), so seeing Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher when they were obviously younger than now, the movie is a touch dated. But the story line is still good.

It's edgy in a semi-funny way. It's from 1989 (or there abouts), so seeing Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher when they were obviously younger than now, the movie is a touch dated. But the story line is still good.
I could probably relate.

That's a lot of yard work !
:lol I will not be responisible for keeping up the whole 10 acres just the grass surrounding the place.It has a stream on the property.It has well water which I have not experienced yet.I won't have a water bill.This is daring move but when I first saw it for rent on Craiglist and saw the pics I applied for it instantly.Then I drove by and went up to the driveway.I liked it.I have not been inside yet.I have just gotten some details of the place.I have put a very large security deposit on the place and I have not seen the inside.I will let you know.It is older but it has an upstairs that has a complete kitchen and a downstairs that has a complete kitchen.Kind of like a separate apartment all its own which will be nice for my son.

You haven't seen the interior of your future home yet?
Nope.I told you it was a gutsy move.I have just seen pictures of the inside and I have driven by the house and up to the driveway.I needed a home desperately.Something told me this could be ok.If I hestitated I knew someone else would snatch it up.
It is one of those "Don't try this at home" things. :lol It is also like the huge leap of blind faith a couple of weeks ago when I was standing on my back porch.Something in my mind said "start packing" and I am saying for what?I have no where to go.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed wonderful results with walking on faith even when the outcome was not at all visible to me.

Our Lord loves you, Kathi .... His blessings will continue!

My heart goes out to you, Kathi . I've been in your position numerous times in my lifetime ... it can almost be a living nightmare at times.

Prayers continue for you during these days.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back