Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

pre trib rapture a dangerous ploy to deceive

• Thread starter Watchmen for Christ
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
W

Watchmen for Christ

Jesus Christ warns in matt 24 mark 13 & luke 21 of false Christs coming claiming to be Him prior to the 2nd advent rapture

paul never says Jesus Christ parousia is prior to the tribulation, men claim paul does,
paul teaches the same post trib parousia as Jesus Christ in II thess 2 and warns believers to let no man deceive us for the Lord's Day (matt 24:29-31) is not "at hand" and shall not come except a falling away first and satan is revealed to be worshiped.
I see adding "pre trib" to pauls words leading many astray

Matthew 24:21-31

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

King James Version (KJV)

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

King James Version (KJV)

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

the saved dead rise as He rose, no need for a Christian to remain in the graves when the First resurrection started in matt 27 when Jesus gave up the ghost and rose again, the graves opened and the saints walked into the streets proving HE has defeated death. Christians continue to partake in the first resurrection till Jesus returns with them jude 1:14-15,rev 19

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

prevent=precede them, we can't precede them because they are already there, the Lord says in matt 24:29-31 His parousia is after the tribulation not before the tribulation. paul quotes matt 24:30-31:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

AER=breath g109 =spiritual bodies g4151 , paul never said the rapture is pre trib

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

when Jesus Christ returns after the tribulation the heavens and earth will be on fire and the elements melt II pet 3 so of course we ALL change in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump.

In Matt 13:30 Jesus tells believers the tares are gathered first. when satan and his false Christs come they will be gathering tares , because of a teaching that Jesus parousia is before HE said it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: pre trib rapture a dangerous ploy of satan to deceive

im not a post tribber in that I don't believe in any seven year trib. I believe it and futurism to be biblical error that is all.

im not a post tribber in that I don't believe in any seven year trib. I believe it and futurism to be biblical error that is all.

a few events Israel a nation again for the 1st time in 2000yrs, nation against nation=WWI WWII , trouble for Egypt,Libya,Syria, & the world has to end in fire unless one disregards II pet 3 which is obviously future

so jesus is coming back to start another church? if isreal , of which I am a PART of. is to believe then How cant it be that a lot of saved jews are removed to save another group of sinning jews and gentiles in the millennium.

isreal isn't land btw,. its the people. even the jews teach this. my jewish family isn't considered non-Jewish because they live in America.

I a preterist. I don't deny his return at all. I don't take scriptures out of context to make an eschatological argument.

I can't remember posting this if i did my apologies..

Is There A Secret Rapture

Is there really a secret rapture with a second chance of salvation? Regardless of the topic when it is associated with salvation, Satan has deceptions in every area in an attempt to steal as many people as possible from God’s kingdom. It is a grave error to underestimate the enemy. It does not matter how many people believe a lie, it will never make it truth. Mark Twain once said, “A lie can travel halfway around the world, while truth puts on its shoes.†The only way to avoid the enemy’s deception and find truth is to study the scriptures diligently. Multitudes of people have been exposed to this “dispensationalist†or “futurist†interpretation of prophecy and have been utterly confused. So what is the real truth?

For the rest of the story read on..

http://www.secret-rapture.com/index.html

tob

thanks turn,here's another reference full of documenting scripture also showing how Jesus Christ teaches our gathering together is after the tribulation as He says in matt 24:29-31,luke 21 & mark 13

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIlck_Jdwxc[/video]

:thumbsup

=jasoncran;832560]so jesus is coming back to start another church?

* no the church is a group of believers assembled together, we are members of His body already established

if isreal , of which I am a PART of. is to believe then How cant it be that a lot of saved jews are removed to save another group of sinning jews and gentiles in the millennium.

*Jesus Christ died for all nations tongues and kindred allowing salvation for the Judeans, Israel and all gentiles. there's no difference in Jews or Gentiles now only believers and unbelievers. Jesus tells us in matt 13:30 the tares are gathered first and rev 7 names all 12 tribes of the 144000 and includes the great multitude of gentiles also who make it out of the tribulation.

I disagree with the I've come to fly you away and many will be deceived because of mistiming the Lord's parousia as if before the trib when He said after.
\

isreal isn't land btw,. its the people. even the jews teach this. my jewish family isn't considered non-Jewish because they live in America.

*sure is and there's several tribes coming home besides Judah

I a preterist. I don't deny his return at all. I don't take scriptures out of context to make an eschatological argument.

*amen then you believe Jesus Christ when He says His return is after the tribulation:

Matthew 24:29-31

King James Version (KJV)

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Where is the rapture in the Old Testament?
[MENTION=69809]n2thelight[/MENTION]: Where is the church in the Old Testament?

In 1 Thess. 4, it's the church in view.

Israel was the Church in the Old Testament.....

This is that Moses, which . . . was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina. (Acts 7:37, 38)

That's one reason why one cannot seperate the two

This is that Moses, which . . . was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina. (Acts 7:37, 38)

Any gathered company prior to Pentecost wasn't a church in the New Testament sense.

It's the church in the New Testament sense that is in view in 1 Thess. 4.

Any gathered company prior to Pentecost wasn't a church in the New Testament sense.

Not sure Im understanding you.....

Since the New Testament church by definition began at Pentecost, anything that came before, which might be describable as a gathering or a 'church' wasn't a New Testament church by definition. And the Rapture of 1 Thess. 4 is linked with the New Testament church.

Since the New Testament church by definition began at Pentecost, anything that came before, which might be describable as a gathering or a 'church' wasn't a New Testament church by definition. And the Rapture of 1 Thess. 4 is linked with the New Testament church.

There is no rapture in 1 thess,the subject is where are the dead........Paul explains to us that at death we return to the Father

I Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."

This concern is over "them which are asleep". The concern is over the loved ones that have died and left them, and their decaying bodies are out there in their grave. Paul is saying for us not to be sorry about those Christians who are dead and gone, for that is the concern of the heathen. The heathen's fear comes from their ignorance of God's word, and His promises. The heathen have no hope, for they believe it's over at the burial.

I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."

Those that sleep [died] are not out there in a hole in the ground, but all Christians must believe that they arose to be with the Father, just like Christ did also. The dead are with God; all of them. "To be absent from the body [flesh body] is to be present with the Lord." Ecclesiastes 12:7.

How can God bring them with Him,if they are not already there?

I Thessalonians 4:15 "For we say unto you, by the word of our Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent in no wise [precede] them which are asleep."

We can not precede them for a very simple reason; the dead are already there with God. It is the only logical fact that can come from this. If you do not, or will not believe this, then you believe in soul sleep as the heathen do, and the hope and glory Paul is speaking of, for the Christian, and you are ignorant of God's glory. Whether victorious, or sentenced to hell, all the dead are now with the Father, and not in the ground.

Again,the subject is,where are the dead

[MENTION=69809]n2thelight[/MENTION]: Our dispensational understanding is profoundly different. Blessings.

[MENTION=69809]n2thelight[/MENTION]: Our dispensational understanding is profoundly different. Blessings.

Yes they are,but let me ask you a question,do you believe in soul sleep?Guess it's ovious that you do so the question is who are these in the below verses.......

Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:"

Revelation 6:10 "And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord [Master], holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth."

How did they get to Heaven if they suppose to be sleep in the ground?

Yes they are,but let me ask you a question,do you believe in soul sleep?Guess it's ovious that you do so the question is who are these in the below verses.......

Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:"

Revelation 6:10 "And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord [Master], holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth."

You don't know me, I don't believe in soul sleep.

We are not communicating; and projecting your conclusions on others won't work.

Blessings.

kiwdan:

Questions to ask are: who is in view? the church or Israel, and Is the coming in the air? or to the earth. There are answers in Scripture.

You don't know me, I don't believe in soul sleep.

We are not communicating; and projecting your conclusions on others won't work.

Blessings.

You can't believe in the rapture and not believe in soul sleep(my opinion)that's why I made that assumption,sorry if I offended you......

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back