Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Preterism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
futurists tend to label us all preterists and assume that we see that all is past. while I do blanket statement futurists, as most here and elsewhere are of the pre trib, pre mil type.

Yep, so this is a great teaching opportunity that Kathi has provided with her questions. I wish I had done what she is doing when I was trying to figure all this out.
Thanks Kathi

Yep, so this is a great teaching opportunity that Kathi has provided with her questions. I wish I had done what she is doing when I was trying to figure all this out.
Thanks Kathi
when I was a mod, I used pm vic c and ask questions. it is he and stovebolts that got me into chabad.org. and also vic is more of a historicist.lol even more rare then us preterist. a good historicist that is well known is sir Isaac newton..

when I was a mod, I used pm vic c and ask questions. it is he and stovebolts that got me into chabad.org. and also vic is more of a historicist.lol even more rare then us preterist. a good historicist that is well known is sir Isaac newton..

I'm not even sure what I am!! Maybe a cross between an historicist and a partial preterist. :shrug

Yeah, but I don't see the rcc in Revelation. I do see the Roman Empire though.
I see more of the jewish nation then the roman empire. Jerusalem is viewed as a rich city and historicians tacticus called the wealthiest city even passing rome herself.

barnes, whom one of my elders likes, is a historicist. I knew he was amil but that ? he also saw that the rapture was rather something to come. maybe that article is wrong.

This may be what he believes, this is from that article, last para.
"This view is also called Classical Posttribulationism, an original theory of the Post-tribulation rapture view which holds the position that the church has always been in the tribulation because, during its entire existence, it has always suffered persecution and trouble. They believe that the tribulation is not a literal future event."

JLB, see there's even another post-trib view.

This may be what he believes, this is from that article, last para.
"This view is also called Classical Posttribulationism, an original theory of the Post-tribulation rapture view which holds the position that the church has always been in the tribulation because, during its entire existence, it has always suffered persecution and trouble. They believe that the tribulation is not a literal future event."

JLB, see there's even another post-trib view.
that is about what I believe.

however, my elder is a pre tribber and also is amil. he has a masters in theology. I haven't bugged him on this stuff in a while.

labels are not all bad... they are helps, in describing things, places and even people... Think of supermarket and no labels on the cans .. I know i like labels on the Mens and Ladies rooms...
To put a label on my thoughts it would be partial preterist. I was at one time a dispensational futurist. One view of eschatology does not make me more saved than the other... I personally believe it makes scripture more alive and clearer... but that is for me...

I simply realized when Jesus said "This generation" that is what He meant and it opened the door ... that is for me

So many people think they know what other think or believe...

I can't even label myself let alone anyone else.
So all we can do is give a basic overview of what the majority of people in a particular view believe but there are always variations.

Back